Paul Murray/Ronnie Esplin

bawsburst

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And how quickly will you dismiss it's content? I would guess before you have read it.

Well when they start talking about things within their mandate it may be worth paying attention, but even then I suspect it will be in line with what a few "office bearers" demand rather than anything to do with the folk they allegedly represent.

He would not have found himself in a senior role with Deutsche Bank if he had nothing to offer. And whilst I'm neutral on Paul Murray himself - I'm inclined to think that the shareholders who want him in place, very obviously think he'll bring something positive to the party.

We'll see soon enough if they are right to support his appointment.

Deutsche Bank (XETRA: DBKGn.DE / NYSE: DB) today reported unaudited figures for the fourth quarter and full year 2008 in line with its pre-announcement on 14 January 2009.

For the full year 2008, the bank reported a net loss of EUR 3.9 billion and a loss before income taxes of EUR 5.7 billion. Diluted earnings per share were a negative EUR 7.61, compared to positive EUR 13.05 in 2007. Pre-tax return on average active equity, per the bank’s target definition, was negative 20%, versus positive 26% in the prior year. The Management Board and the Supervisory Board have recommended a dividend of 50 cents per share, compared to EUR 4.50 per share for 2007. The Tier 1 capital ratio, reported under Basel II, was 10.1% at the end of the year, compared to 8.6% at the end of the prior year (reported under Basel I). Tier 1 capital at the end of 2008, reported under Basel II, was EUR 31.1 billion, compared to EUR 28.3 billion at the end of 2007 (reported under Basel I).

For the fourth quarter 2008, the bank reported a net loss of EUR 4.8 billion, compared to net income of EUR 1.0 billion in the fourth quarter 2007. The bank reported a loss before income taxes of EUR 6.2 billion, versus income before income taxes of EUR 1.4 billion in the prior year quarter.

Dr. Josef Ackermann, Chairman of the Management Board, said:

“We are very disappointed at our fourth quarter result, and at the consequent full year net loss in 2008. Operating conditions in the quarter were completely unprecedented, and exposed some weaknesses in our business model. We therefore are repositioning our platform in some core businesses.”

No but I expect a director of Rangers - executive or non - to be there on some kind of merit.

Fair enough. I'm more interested in how the club is run generally as opposed to becoming fixated by a single non-executive director.

Are the people running the club qualified to do so?

Are they running the club as well as it can be run?

Can someone else run it more efficiently?

I don't care who has invested what. The constant bickering about who has invested this and that is muddying the waters.

How much money anyone has invested is irrelevant with regards to who should be running the club. If Mather isn't the CEO he will still have his investment; who knows it may even be worth substantially more under the stewardship of someone with experience.

I don't at this point know for sure how well the club is being run, neither do any of us as far as I'm aware.

Well when they start talking about things within their mandate it may be worth paying attention, but even then I suspect it will be in line with what a few "office bearers" demand rather than anything to do with the folk they allegedly represent.

Who are these 'office bearers' you speak of? Hint, there are four.

I'm getting told on twitter by another Rangers fan that Paul Murray is not on the board?

Does anyone know what the fuck is going on with Rangers these days.

Can anyone confirm that he's not on the board?

Because to tell you the truth i don't have a fucking clue anymore.

No but I expect a director of Rangers - executive or non - to be there on some kind of merit.

So the mere possession of cash to invest is sufficient merit for a seat on the board at Rangers? In how many other institutions can you buy a job?

Deutsche Bank (XETRA: DBKGn.DE / NYSE: DB) today reported unaudited figures for the fourth quarter and full year 2008 in line with its pre-announcement on 14 January 2009.

For the full year 2008, the bank reported a net loss of EUR 3.9 billion and a loss before income taxes of EUR 5.7 billion. Diluted earnings per share were a negative EUR 7.61, compared to positive EUR 13.05 in 2007. Pre-tax return on average active equity, per the bank’s target definition, was negative 20%, versus positive 26% in the prior year. The Management Board and the Supervisory Board have recommended a dividend of 50 cents per share, compared to EUR 4.50 per share for 2007. The Tier 1 capital ratio, reported under Basel II, was 10.1% at the end of the year, compared to 8.6% at the end of the prior year (reported under Basel I). Tier 1 capital at the end of 2008, reported under Basel II, was EUR 31.1 billion, compared to EUR 28.3 billion at the end of 2007 (reported under Basel I).

For the fourth quarter 2008, the bank reported a net loss of EUR 4.8 billion, compared to net income of EUR 1.0 billion in the fourth quarter 2007. The bank reported a loss before income taxes of EUR 6.2 billion, versus income before income taxes of EUR 1.4 billion in the prior year quarter.

Dr. Josef Ackermann, Chairman of the Management Board, said:

“We are very disappointed at our fourth quarter result, and at the consequent full year net loss in 2008. Operating conditions in the quarter were completely unprecedented, and exposed some weaknesses in our business model. We therefore are repositioning our platform in some core businesses.”

Was this the period, during which, he was tasked with raising £200 million by DB but only managed to raise £20 million?

When I saw that pic, my first thought was Craig Whyte clone. :(

Bloody hell, you never see the two of them together...............mini as in whyte appears ruins the Ltd Co............whyte as mini appears to rescue us....................quick you're in the States phone Pixar right now and get the deal signed up.

I'm getting told on twitter by another Rangers fan that Paul Murray is not on the board?

Does anyone know what the fuck is going on with Rangers these days.

Can anyone confirm that he's not on the board?

Because to tell you the truth i don't have a fucking clue anymore.

According to the Stock Exchange, he is being included as one of the Non Executive Directors so I would assume this means he will be part of the board?

http://m.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/mobile/news/detail.html?announcementId=11699314

which you will find more talk of on this thread HERE

As for his CV, I'm not so sure. In fact I would bet that it's not as strong as either of these individuals when it comes to specifically being a board member at Rangers.

I'm not sure because I honestly have no idea what all PM was actually involved in during his previous 4 year spell as a non-exec on our board. I would guess that comparing it to the likes of Stockbridge and Mather's short spells at the club would be very subjective and not easy comparisons to make at all.

It's just a personal opinion based on the sort of experience and expertise that he'll have on his CV. I think if someone completely neutral on the subject of Paul Murray was conducting interviews for our non-exec director positions, then Paul Murray would stand a very good chance of being a successful candidate.

Until you seen his references and asked about the oldco (tu)

I'm not sure because I honestly have no idea what all PM was actually involved in during his previous 4 year spell as a non-exec on our board. I would guess that comparing it to the likes of Stockbridge and Mather's short spells at the club would be very subjective and not easy comparisons to make at all.

Stockbrideg is very good at what he does, that's why Zeus headhunted him..................you remove that S yet.