Another twist in the Easdale tale and that of Laxey.

rankbadyin

BUS boss Sandy Easdale is reportedly seeking from the City as he attempts to quash a revolt at Rangers.

McGill’s buses tycoon Easdale is set to become the Ibrox club’s single largest shareholder, and is believed to have helds talks with a number of investors he is keen to have on board, in order to battle the group headed by Clyde Blowers boss

Jim McColl and former Rangers director Paul Murray.

Sources told The Sun: “The City investors Sandy’s spoken to like his no-nonsense style and appreciate his track record.”

Easdale has reportedly held discussions with Colin Kingsworth, boss of Laxey Partners, who is set to control the funds votes at next month’s shareholder meeting. Kingsworth had previously backed changes in the Ibrox hierarchy, but insider claim he is mulling over the possibility of switching sides.

Last week, talks of a truce at Ibrox emerged, which would have seen Murray and troubleshooting accountant Frank Blin joining the board. But McColl’s refusal to back Rangers chief executive Craig Mather and finance chief Brian Stockbridge led to the plans collapsing.

A summit is due to take placenext month, involving the club’s 5,300-plus who are set to vote on the makeup of the Ibrox board.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/sandy-easdale-investment-will-avoid-ibrox-revolt-1-3082005

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really understand what Mccoll and co want anymore, they had the chance to join the board where they would have became more informed on the motives of Mathers and Stockbridge and been in a position to do something about it if they seen something they didn't like, also with Blin and murray in the positions they wanted they had basically got their way, but no that still wasn't enough instead they stay on the outside looking in. Madness. Would really want to see better judgement and progress from anyone who wanted a say in running our instituation.

For all the worry i have about Easdale at least he is making progress towards his goals.

No doubt many will want us to chase him away

Malcolm Murray had plenty of talks with investors and we chased him away, no one seemed to care about that.

I'm getting slightly unnerved by the number of people who see the Easdales as our shining knights. I've not decided either way whether they are good news or bad news, unfortunately we are just left to wait and see the outcome, but the divided opinions on here that they are either gangsters or saviours is a painfully naive, black and white view of things.

Malcolm Murray had plenty of talks with investors and we chased him away, no one seemed to care about that.

I'm getting slightly unnerved by the number of people who see the Easdales as our shining knights. I've not decided either way whether they are good news or bad news, unfortunately we are just left to wait and see the outcome, but the divided opinions on here that they are either gangsters or saviours is a painfully naive, black and white view of things.

Malcolm Murray did his own chasing in fairness.

Have I said they're knights or saviours? I see them as guys obviously willing to put their own money up and I don't think we're in a position where we can chase that away, so I want to give them a chance, nothing more.

Malcom Murray got hounded because he seriously lacked leadership skills and was nowhere to be seen when we needed him.

I'm not saying he was useless. Apparently he was great with money men and investors so maybe there is a role for him somewhere - just not as chairman.

Malcolm Murray did his own chasing in fairness.

Have I said they're knights or saviours? I see them as guys obviously willing to put their own money up and I don't think we're in a position where we can chase that away, so I want to give them a chance, nothing more.

I don't think he did, I think you'll find certain members of the board previously had a big say in his removal.

I didn't say you did. However in forum land, in the region of RangersMedia, it's quite clear that there are two camps at the moment. Some see the Easdales as gangsters out to rob us blind, others as the men to be trusted. Then there's you and I, stuck in the middle...

To be expected I suppose but I'm just sick of it. Some Rangers fans on here know more about stock markets and CEO lunch habits than who is our best CM. It's a depressing state of affairs at the minute.

I don't think he did, I think you'll find certain members of the board previously had a big say in his removal.

I didn't say you did. However in forum land, in the region of RangersMedia, it's quite clear that there are two camps at the moment. Some see the Easdales as gangsters out to rob us blind, others as the men to be trusted. Then there's you and I, stuck in the middle...

To be expected I suppose but I'm just sick of it. Some Rangers fans on here know more about stock markets and CEO lunch habits than who is our best CM. It's a depressing state of affairs at the minute.

Can't disagree with much of that.

What I mean about Murray is that Green and others wanted him out while he and others wanted Green out. With the leaks etc I don't think either of them came out of it with much credit, and in the end neither of them are here anymore.

Hate the feeling we are being used, in simple terms nobody looking for control at Ibrox is trustworthy, Easdales maybe are not the saviours we dream of but at least they have brought something to the table, McColl has brought nothing but trouble.

I would like to see this guys plans before I would support it. Tbf to him he has put money up and that deserves respect.

Not 100% sure on him yet though

He's certainly put money up mate but unfortunately none of it has benefited Rangers.

He bought shares from other investors at a knock down price benefitting only him.

At least the people who invested in the share offering (whether it was only £500 like me)actually gave money directly to the club.

He's certainly put money up mate but unfortunately none of it has benefited Rangers.

He bought shares from other investors at a knock down price benefitting only him.

At least the people who invested in the share offering (whether it was only £500 like me)actually gave money directly to the club.

Thats actually a good point never thought of that (tu)