*** RM Sponsors' Fund - Latest Accounts, Latest News, and Let's Spend The Money!

govanblue

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't donated yet but will do so soon but I have a few suggestion for some of the cash raised.

The West End Festival, they welcomed The Gallant Pioneers stall at their festival after the Partick one told them they weren't welcome. We could maybe donate some cash?

New dedi or any technical stuff for RM, not 100% sure of the set up here but I hate when RM is down and I am forced to go on FF.

Forgot to add, great job Govanblue and everyone else involved.

I haven't donated yet but will do so soon but I have a few suggestion for some of the cash raised.

The West End Festival, they welcomed The Gallant Pioneers stall at their festival after the Partick one told them they weren't welcome. We could maybe donate some cash?

New dedi or any technical stuff for RM, not 100% sure of the set up here but I hate when RM is down and I am forced to go on FF.

Forgot to add, great job Govanblue and everyone else involved.

Looking forward to getting you on board.

The problem with donating to something like West End Festival is that our charter dictates that we can only spend the money directly on Rangers products and Services. We have another fund set up specifically to get around that - but that's reserved for the Erskine Veterans.

Regarding buying Technical kit for RM - RM tell me that they are doing all right for money at the moment. They've just recently spent a bucketload on new server gear.

But keep the suggestions coming - any problems can be worked around if enough members support an idea. (tu)

I like the get together at Christmas idea. What about take in a game, go out for dinner as group kinda thing?

Of course, there should just about be enough in the fund to cover my flight costs to get there :party::7325:

On a more serious note, well done GB, keep up the good work. Lets get the vets to another lunch day out. And your idea of a raffle giving out a prize from a list of names drawn from a hat is excellent too, add loads of other stuff in too and keep drawing till its gone :ph34r:

as usual gb has surpassed himself again. (tu) just a thought on a way to spend some of the money and am not even sure the club would go for it. but how about a plaque with the names of supporters who have fallen during serving the country that had room for it to be updated as they fall in the future

RangersMedia Sponsors’ Fund - Total funds raised to date: £3186.40

Fund launched: December 2012

Initial target: £550

Amount raised season 2012/2012: £1740.52

2012/2013 Money spent as follows:

£550 - Kit Sponsorship for Darren Cole Season 2012/2013 (the less said about him the better)

£38 - Christmas presents (official Rangers merchandise) for Ant (hand delivered to his hospital bed on Boxing Day)

£197 - 2 x Half Season tickets for Ant & his mum – Govan East Corner, Front Row.

£33 - 33 Rangers Christmas Raffle Tickets – we didn’t win anything, boo!

£10 - 10 Rangers Charity wristbands from Pam Jackson – these were then sold to members for £2 to buy more wristbands, which were given as a bonus prize to various raffle winners

£50 - Ibrox Stadium Brick - (RangersMedia - ThenNowForever)

£50 - Ibrox Stadium Brick - (RangersMedia - Ready 2012/2013) – both bricks laid, no spelling mistakes!

Total spent in 2012/2013: £928.00

Total carried forward to season 2013/2014: £812.52

Total raised (so far) season 2013/2014:

Banked: £812.52

Raised via raffle: £1445.40

Erskine Lunch Fund: £334.26

= £2592.18 available to spend this season

Spent so far season 2013/2014:

£950 – Match Programme Kit Sponsorship of Nicky Law

£250 - Programme Kit Sponsorship of Natalie Ross (Rangers Ladies)

£60 – Founding Fathers Commemorative Print – for Erskine Glasgow Care home

£230 – Erskine Veterans Ibrox Tour, Ibrox Lunch and Megastore Shopping Spree

£50 – postage costs for 19 raffle prizes

Total Spent so far this season: £1540

Total remaining to be spent: £1052.18 :thumbup:

I expect that we should also raise a bit more money over the season with various fundraising things and hopefully we’ll continue to get a steady trickle of new fund members (only a tenner folks!).

We won’t be running any more raffles unfortunately, because PayPal have advised us that we’re not allowed to use PayPal accounts for raffles, even if they are just a bit of fun like ours are.

So we will have to find alternative ways of raising money which don’t involve raffling.

I would suggest something like a periodic “fund renewal pledge” whereby every now and then we announce that we’re looking for renewals (say a fiver). Everyone who renews goes on to the renewed list.

If we then coincidentally happen upon some cool memorabilia like for example – a signed Rangers Legends v Man Utd Legends Signed Shirt (fingers crossed folks, I might have got us one!) then we could just give it to one lucky name drawn from the renewed list. That’s not a raffle. No sirree!!

For sure we will also be having another Erskine Lunch Whip round, because those who donated last time demanded that we do it again, and I'm hopeful that we can organise another Erskine Ibrox day soon.

I spotted something really cool on the Rangers site – Symon Suite - Disabled hospitality tickets – and I thought this would be fantastic for some of the Erskine Glasgow Veterans. What do you think?

At least we managed to pretty much run our raffle before PayPal stepped in, and it was a great success. We raised about £1400 and eventually we drew our 19 winners, and hopefully they all received their chosen prizes, and were very happy with them. Except the ‘lucky member’ who chose the signed Darren Cole Shirt. Bummer eh? Not to worry though, we’re trying to sort out some way of making the shirt actually worth something again. ;)

Some planned purchases over the next few months:

£50 – Ibrox brick – “RangersMedia | Ready 2013/2014”

£230 – another Erskine Veterans’ Ibrox day out

£100 – Rangers Christmas Raffle tickets – a great cause, and something to help get us through the cold xmas blues.

£800 - Whatever else you can come up with

Oh, we’ll also be unveiling the ‘Yorkie Choc’ Fund in a month or so. Currently sitting at £55, I’m hopeful that as we approach Christmas, we can raise a few quid more. The plan being to spend it all in the Megastore on Rangers Christmas Selection boxes, and other assorted Rangers Christmas stuff like jigsaws or whatever, and give it all to Yorkhill Childrens’ Hospital. How does that sound?

So there you go. Any thoughts?

I know you'll never let me win one but can we have more raffles please? lol

Bit of a long shot but we could pay for the kids well enough at Yorkhill to go to the last game of the season. Maybe 5 or 10 of the kids in better health. that should use up £300 to £400 and give them a good day out.

This is a great idea inline with the choc box at xmas, is there not a "box" like the corporate boxes that could be hired so they could watch in safety and comfort seeing as they are ill ? And Bombays idea of the players delivering as part of their xmas duties is great ----- MAKE IT HAPPEN GB !! :thumbup:

match ball sounds good. could we then get it signed and raffle it In some way. I know paypal don't like the idea. but am sure someone could figure out a way round that.

Even better - I'm sure if everyone donated a fiver and called it "match ball donation" that would do the trick

match ball sounds good. could we then get it signed and raffle it In some way. I know paypal don't like the idea. but am sure someone could figure out a way round that.

Even better - I'm sure if everyone donated a fiver and called it "match ball donation" that would do the trick

We will find ways around the restrictions on raffling.

At the end of the day, our raffle was not a serious enterprise - it was just a bit of fun - a way of making our donation process more fun, and a way of getting rid of all the bits and pieces that the fund acquires as it's going about it's business.

I think the solution here is that we introduce a system that I'm calling "Fund Reaffirmation" - whereby every now and then, we ask for small donations (eg a fiver) from existing fund members. Those who do choose to donate again earn a special status as "Reaffirmed Sponsors". After each "Fund Reaffirmation", we should then have a clear-out, and clear the Fund's cupboards of anything lying around, like signed shirts, etc. and just give things away to random fund members who have reaffirmed.

I think that is legally and ethically sound.

In other news, we've updated the fund figures and the balance left to spend is: £1190.46

( Sponsors Fund: £909.27 | Lunch Fund: £226.19 | Yorkie Choc Fund: £55.00 )

There are a few things we've earmarked money for, so when they're paid we won't actually have that much money left - so maybe it's time for a little "fund reaffirmation"

We also have quite a few things cluttering up the Fund cupboard so we'll probably have a clear out after the fundraiser.

I also have various other bits of news, such as - we've started the ball rolling for our second Erskine Veterans' Ibrox day out, and we've managed to negotiate a couple of special offers for Fund members. I'll give you a full report soon.

(tu)

Oh - and between now and Christmas, there will be three separate fundraising drives - one for each of the 3 funds (Sponsors', Erskine. Yorkhill) - So don't blow all your money on the first fundraiser please :D

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

1. We will shortly be launching a wee fundraising top-up campaign targeting existing fund members. We're looking for just £3 from as many Fund members as possible. Consider this £3 as your statement of continued support of the Fund. Everyone who donates will go on to our list of "Reaffirmed Fund Members"

2. Shortly after that, and coincidentally, we will be giving away a signed (15 sigs) Rangers Legends V Man Utd Legends Shirt. (I saw one of these go for over £100 on ebay recently). We will then just randomly give it to someone who is on our 'Reaffirmed Fund members' list. It would maybe be easier to raffle it, but we can't use PayPal for raffling, so we'll just give it away instead.

3. I have the Signed Framed Darren Cole Shirt - which isn't worth as much as I'd hoped now, but luckily, RangersUnite have donated their Seb Faure Framed Shirt to us for the Fund - that will be worth significantly more than the Cole one. :D I suggest that we simply put these framed shirts on ebay. I think we'll raise more money that way, and it will also be 'external' money, so that's a good thing.

4. If we raise the £300 I'm hoping for, then that will allow us to meet the things we've committed to this season (RM Brick, Rangers Xmas Raffle Tickets, Megastore shopping money for next Erskine Ibrox tour) and will still leave us £945. Which is exactly what it costs to sponsor a player, so I suggest we do exactly that. I was originally against sponsoring a second player, cos we didn't have enough money. But if we raise this £300 then we do have enough to do everything, so why not? Sponsoring was what it was originally about after all.

5. And that would be that. The Fund's work done for a season, leaving just the Erskine Lunch Fund and the Yorkie Choc fund to keep us going through Christmas.

Does anyone have any objection to that gameplan? (Fund Members or last year's Fund Members only please.)