*** RM Sponsors' Fund - Latest Accounts, Latest News, and Let's Spend The Money!

govanblue

Is there a limit on the amount of £3 reaffirmations we can reaffirm?

How could we possibly limit how many times you want to proclaim your love for the Rangers by spending your money on them?

You affirm it 5 times, we'll acknowledge it five times. That's only proper :D

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when will it be ready to go?

Well, now really.

Just donate £3 here -

http://forum.rangers....uk/donate.html

-remember to put your username in the "+add special instructions to recipient" link/box

and PM govanblue when you've done that.

Then I can start a new donation thread when everybody's drunk.

Update:

1. We will shortly be launching a wee fundraising top-up campaign targeting existing fund members. We're looking for just £3 from as many Fund members as possible. Consider this £3 as your statement of continued support of the Fund. Everyone who donates will go on to our list of "Reaffirmed Fund Members"

2. Shortly after that, and coincidentally, we will be giving away a signed (15 sigs) Rangers Legends V Man Utd Legends Shirt. (I saw one of these go for over £100 on ebay recently). We will then just randomly give it to someone who is on our 'Reaffirmed Fund members' list. It would maybe be easier to raffle it, but we can't use PayPal for raffling, so we'll just give it away instead.

3. I have the Signed Framed Darren Cole Shirt - which isn't worth as much as I'd hoped now, but luckily, RangersUnite have donated their Seb Faure Framed Shirt to us for the Fund - that will be worth significantly more than the Cole one. :D I suggest that we simply put these framed shirts on ebay. I think we'll raise more money that way, and it will also be 'external' money, so that's a good thing.

4. If we raise the £300 I'm hoping for, then that will allow us to meet the things we've committed to this season (RM Brick, Rangers Xmas Raffle Tickets, Megastore shopping money for next Erskine Ibrox tour) and will still leave us £945. Which is exactly what it costs to sponsor a player, so I suggest we do exactly that. I was originally against sponsoring a second player, cos we didn't have enough money. But if we raise this £300 then we do have enough to do everything, so why not? Sponsoring was what it was originally about after all.

5. And that would be that. The Fund's work done for a season, leaving just the Erskine Lunch Fund and the Yorkie Choc fund to keep us going through Christmas.

Does anyone have any objection to that gameplan? (Fund Members or last year's Fund Members only please.)

gb want to pay £10 per month through paypal clicked the monthly payment box will that come off automaticlly

or have i got to sort it with the bank ? back offshore tomorrow for 4 weeks so need to know asap

cheers bro

watp

gb want to pay £10 per month through paypal clicked the monthly payment box will that come off automaticlly

or have i got to sort it with the bank ? back offshore tomorrow for 4 weeks so need to know asap

cheers bro

watp

Hi Offshore,

I sent you a pm earlier - maybe you haven't seen it yet.

We definitely don't want you to pay monthly. A single one-off payment is all we want (in your case £10 to join the fund and £3 to reaffirm = total £13).

Everybody else just pays a one-off payment - so it would be unfair to ask anyone else to do more than that - even if they wanted to!

Hopefully you can go in to your paypal account and cancel the "pay monthly" tickbox - It's a new feature from PayPal, so I'm not sure how it works.

But don't worry - if you can't figure out how to cancel it - if any accidental payments do go through, we can refund the money back to you easily, so you won't be out of pocket.

I will pick up with bluepeter (admin) when I can and we will see exactly what has happened with your payment, and see what we need to do then to sort it out.

I'm assuming you can still access RangersMedia when you're offshore - so if so, just send me a PM, and we'll get it all sorted.

Reaffirmed GB. Just let me know when you want the next 1.

Cheers Bud.

There are no current plans for any more Sponsors' Fund moneyraisers this season after this one.

BUT

We will be launching another Erskine Veterans' Lunch Money Whip Round in few weeks,

and then in December, we'll be collecting for Rangers Megastore Selection Boxes for Yorkhill Kids Hospital.

Both of these will just be asking for a couple of quid each though. (tu)

Update:

Several bits of good news:

1. So far we have 10 members "reaffirmed" and have raised about £77

2. If this continues to do well, we might be able to raise all the money I'm after without having to stick the framed shiirts on ebay. In that case, we could maybe just stick them in with the Legends shirt, to give away to some lucky "reaffirmed" members.

3. I've just been advised that Sponsorship will cost £750, not £945 - because we're a quarter of the way through the season, we get a quarter off. Excellent news, and that means that we are now just a smidgen away from the cash target we need.

4. I've also been advised of the players still available for sponsorship:

Cribari

Faure

Gasparotto

Hegarty

Perry

Simonsen

My vote goes for Seb Faure. He's just quietly got on with things, even when we were giving him pelters last season. Never got himself in the news for a dodgy tweet. Got himself in shape over the closed season, and has delivered a fair shift this season. Those are all attributes I want to see in Rangers players. (tu)

I'll put a poll up when I get a chance, but feel free to chat about it here. Mind - there's no need to be critical of the players you don't want to sponsor - let's focus on praise for the ones you do want to sponsor :thumbup:

I would love to sponsor Luca but sadlly i dont see him getting many games and maybe even going on loan so i would agree with your choice GB of Seb Faure as he has improved since last year and is probably most likely to get games for us although Hegarty is also in that catagory as well.