The Arsenal - Top Of The Table At New Year

AlCapone

"Spurs have increased in depth but lost out in quality IMO."

They lost Bale and brought in Paulinho, Erikson, Lamela, Soldado, Chirches ect so I can't really see how that made them lose on quality.

Those players are very good players who once they get used to the EPL will be a super side.

Because some people seem to believe its only based over 4-5 games.

No they don't :lol:

They said wait till Arsenal have played 4 or 5 of the big clubs before they can talk about winning the title it's October and they only have a few points lead with a fairly straightforward start to the season.

No they don't :lol:

They said wait till Arsenal have played 4 or 5 of the big clubs before they can talk about winning the title it's October and they only have a few points lead with a fairly straightforward start to the season.

A gap is rarely going to open up at this stage regardless. And we will see. I personally do think Arsenal might need 2-3 top players to actually win the league but this could be the first season they challenge for the league since 2008.

Spurs squad is only theoretically better than Arsenal's based on the reputation of their signings - the majority of which are totally unproven.

You also have to remember that the existing foundation of Spurs' squad is not actually that strong in terms of quality - they were carried by the likes Bale, Modric and VDV for years.

Spurs have increased in depth but lost out in quality IMO.

I would be very shocked if they came above Arsenal - their golden chance to do so has been in the last 2 seasons and they threw it away big time.

Arsenal look much stronger this year, personally I would expect them to widen the gap between them and Spurs if anything.

Without a doubt, I think they will finish the highest placed London team for the second time in 3 seasons

Arsenal is already missing players, Flamini is now out, Walcott is injured still and Podolski is now only back training. People said the same thing last season about Tottenham when Arsenal actually didn't play well at all until after the Bayern Munich tie.

Spot on, nothing like getting facts in the way of a story eh? The Arsenal have had the worst injuries of the top 6 this season but still sit top, them are the facts :pipe:

Spot on, nothing like getting facts in the way of a story eh? The Arsenal have had the worst injuries of the top 6 this season but still sit top, them are the facts :pipe:

Think they will finsih second this year, next year is the big push and will see them spend over £100 million on players....and all with no debt!

Arsenal will do well to be in the top 3 come the end of the season.

With their limited squad, only going out of Europe early will see them maybe achieve a top 3 spot.

Chelsea last season were in a simlair position before their November slump, I predict the same for Arsenal.

Arsenal will do well to be in the top 3 come the end of the season.

With their limited squad, only going out of Europe early will see them maybe achieve a top 3 spot.

Chelsea last season were in a simlair position before their November slump, I predict the same for Arsenal.

Unless they are still in with a chance when the window opens and strengthen their squad.

Far fetched, I know, but they might.

Spurs may have better depth but they've looked really poor recently. Relying on a dodgy penalty against Hull, not much cutting edge against Villa but they're grinding out results I suppose.

However, I think Arsenal have the better team when everyone's fit but I can't see them dealing too well with injuries. Can see it being between them for fourth again with Arsenal scraping it.

Have Arsenal fucked your coupon one too many times or somethin cause you spend alot of your time on RM in Arsenal threads

Liverpool used to be my favourite joke club, but they aren't really relevant any more, so now I like shitting on Arsenal (until Wenger leaves and they are no longer relevant).

Actually I tell a lie, Barcelona are my favourite joke club!

Liverpool used to be my favourite joke club, but they aren't really relevant any more, so now I like shitting on Arsenal (until Wenger leaves and they are no longer relevant).

Actually I tell a lie, Barcelona are my favourite joke club!

Must be a right laugh hanging about with you