Why is our quality of play so bad?

graeme_4

Depending on your state of mind at any given time, please pick any 3 from the below list:

The wind

The pitch

The fitness regime

Nandos

Twitter

The coaches

The manager

The youth system

The boardroom

Charles Green

SDM

You missed

Artificial pitches

Pre season

Twitter

Ladbrokes

And scouts

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like everything that happened this season up until last week never happened.

Utter revisionism.

Ally should've been sacked after we got knocked out of the League Cup earlier this season. That's the 5th time he's been knocked out of a cup cometition at the very first hurdle. The football on show is dire and has been since the day he took over. He won the 3rd Division, dig deal, any manager in the country could have done it. He's never shown himself to be a manager and I highly doubt he ever will. We'll get back to the to flight, Ally will fail and be replaced, then we'll all look back at the waisted years in the lower divisions and wonder what could have been. Rather than build something for the future Ally just buys in mediocre shite.

No revisionism here.

Smith has played regularly at RM throughout his career

Faure has played often at RB

Little is better coming in from either wing IMO

McLeod CM or LM in a fluid middle 3

Templeton playing "in the hole"

Given the need to get everyone up to being match fit it's no bad thing that we have utile positions for each player. Opposition, pitch and available players and their fitness dictate the selection.

I take it you mean LW for Smith, perhaps your right but hes not very good there and is much better at LB but still nowhere near Wallace

Faure has played RB for us a number of times and while not being absolutly awful there he is again much better at CB

Little can do a job at RW but i dont think hes effective on the left and he has spokem frequently about his preferance for the CF role and i think he has done well when played consistently at CF

Macleod for me is much better when he has the DLM role and can orchastrate moves from there but his position is not as much of a concern as others, same for Templeton although dont like him in the second striker ( in the hole) role as i feel hes most effective taking on the full backs and getting crosses in down the wing.

This bollocks about players being played out of position is risible.

By that token Sir Alex Sour Face played Ryan Giggs out of position for about 5 years.

Every manager does it. You see right sided midfielders on the left, central midfielders out wide, centre backs at full back, forwards out wide. Players must be adaptable in the modern game. And, in general, ours are being adaptable.

Its an RM obsession like this 11 men back at corners nonsense. It isn't Ally that is clueless, it is some posters that are clueless.

I'd rather win ugly than not win at all ... but that's surely a choice your entitled to make when in the SPL and away to teams like Hibs, Hearts, Dundee United, Aberdeen and Celtic etc or even in Europe.

There's not one good reason with our resources, training ground, coaching staff, management, players, wage bill etc against the worst teams in Scotland and part timers we can't do both - win and play a bit of football. We've shown we are capable, so why does everyone on here not seem to give a fuck about pish performances?

Ally should've been sacked after we got knocked out of the League Cup earlier this season. That's the 5th time he's been knocked out of a cup cometition at the very first hurdle. The football on show is dire and has been since the day he took over. He won the 3rd Division, dig deal, any manager in the country could have done it. He's never shown himself to be a manager and I highly doubt he ever will. We'll get back to the to flight, Ally will fail and be replaced, then we'll all look back at the waisted years in the lower divisions and wonder what could have been. Rather than build something for the future Ally just buys in mediocre shite.

No revisionism here.

i find it difficult to argue with most of this. i also think dropping half the team as soon as his new signings were available was very bad management, as it shows that no matter how good or bad you play, the favourites will always come straight back in when available. just as Smith always did. it takes away that hunger from the players

I'd rather win ugly than not win at all ... but that's surely a choice your entitled to make when in the SPL and away to teams like Hibs, Hearts, Dundee United, Aberdeen and Celtic etc or even in Europe.

There's not one good reason with our resources, training ground, coaching staff, management, players, wage bill etc against the worst teams in Scotland and part timers we can't do both - win and play a bit of football. We've shown we are capable, so why does everyone on here not seem to give a fuck about pish performances?

because Ally McCoist is our manager and can still do no wrong in some peoples eyes

There seems to be a thing here that if you complain about our style of play then you're just ungrateful and a moany bastard who ignores the results.

Im happy to win but like you mention there's no reason with all the resources we have that we can't get our players playing a better style of play and make sure our youth are taught this aswell, for example.

We all grew up with the oldfirm mentality of winning at all costs, where a draw is a disaster because we were usually neck and neck with the tims. It's hard to shake off.

We all grew up with the oldfirm mentality of winning at all costs, where a draw is a disaster because we were usually neck and neck with the tims. It's hard to shake off.

There is definately something in that, but not to the extent we witness it under McCoist to be brutally honest.

A 5-1 win followed by 0-3 and 0-1 is hardly bring 'played off the pitch' how blinded some of us are - were these results perfect - no! But they are a long way from being 'played off the pitch' - a fking joke of a comment

exactly. The end result of each game is just covering over rank horrible performances. Again we're being matched for long periods against lads who may not even get in their homes till past 7 every other night. No doubt we'll be hearing more excuses in the coming months when its still shoddy performance week after week. 3g pitches, weather lack of forwards or defenders or maybe the war in syria will get used this season

This 'being rank' thing as if it is a new thing under Ally fuck me with much better players we were often rank under Walter.

It is hard to argue against our cup record under Ally and tbh losing a 15 point lead two seasons ago way before admin was a complete shocker but you know what this year I want to give this new squad time to bed in this season before I jump to conclusions about Ally. SAF took years to get it right at Man U yet he more than cut his teeth at a few other clubs, perhaps that could turn out to be Ally's problem.

Any cunt mentions greenteef then fuck off that cunt gets more breaks than the world snooker championships. The most important person at CP is John Parks the chief scout.

i find it difficult to argue with most of this. i also think dropping half the team as soon as his new signings were available was very bad management, as it shows that no matter how good or bad you play, the favourites will always come straight back in when available. just as Smith always did. it takes away that hunger from the players

There was very little dissent on here prior to 1st September about bringing in all our new players - in fact Law, Bell, Moshni, Daly and Perlata all seem to be first team picks in the match thread - I think we always suspected Foster would play right back , everyone wants little in the team so all this hindsight strategy is just that - hindsight. Basically the only real debate is playing Smith ( or not) - oh and during those 3 games we won all 3 scored 9 and lost 1 - while not firing perfectly for a 'new' team that's pretty damm good

What is your team for sat - how many summer buys would be in your first team ?

This 'being rank' thing as if it is a new thing under Ally fuck me with much better players we were often rank under Walter.

It is hard to argue against our cup record under Ally and tbh losing a 15 point lead two seasons ago way before admin was a complete shocker but you know what this year I want to give this new squad time to bed in this season before I jump to conclusions about Ally. SAF took years to get it right at Man U yet he more than cut his teeth at a few other clubs, perhaps that could turn out to be Ally's problem.

Any cunt mentions greenteef then fuck off that cunt gets more breaks than the world snooker championships. The most important person at CP is John Parks the chief scout.

I was talking about Walter and Ally - wasn't signaling Ally out for sole blame.

It seems like it is in the cultre / philosophy of our club.

Although, on the subject, the comparisons between Ally and SAF are just daft. Ferguson had won leagues, cups and european competitions before he took the Man U job.

Not sure why all the rage about celtic's manager on a Rangers football style topic? You brought him into the subject for some reason, no one else had mentioned him...

To be fair to Ally it's been an execptional set of circumstances since he took over as gaffer.

Not Sure even a highly experienced manager would have done much better much less a novice in his first and second season in charge of the club.

We've lost about £40m worth of players for nothing, had an illegal embargo put on the club, been involved in all sorts of battles with the SPL/SFA and our board room has been at war for months now.

The main thing for me is we get out of the lower leagues asap and get back to playing in Europe, if that means we have to win ugly then it's something that needs to be done imho.

There was very little dissent on here prior to 1st September about bringing in all our new players - in fact Law, Bell, Moshni, Daly and Perlata all seem to be first team picks in the match thread - I think we always suspected Foster would play right back , everyone wants little in the team so all this hindsight strategy is just that - hindsight. Basically the only real debate is playing Smith ( or not) - oh and during those 3 games we won all 3 scored 9 and lost 1 - while not firing perfectly for a 'new' team that's pretty damm good

What is your team for sat - how many summer buys would be in your first team ?

i dont know now - i'd have kept the winning team going, and when a player performs poorly, then bring in one of the new boys. seems to work well on football director for the 48k spectrum emulator i have.