BBC at it again

five stars

No.

There is no Old Firm because the tag was coined for the shared interest that both clubs had to ensure things went their way. That ended when the snake, Reid, joined Celtic.

You're missing the point. Why did Gordon (specifically) suggest there was no longer an old firm? It wasn't for the reasons you suggest.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never listen to bbc radio scotland anymore. I very rarely watch bbc scotland on tv these days. I am withholding my tv license money, due to their treatment of my club, & because it is a vibrant nest of pedophilia, & I don't want my money going to them. I am also, without doubt, voting NO in the referendum next year, because if this is how bbc scotland is now, it will be worse under independence. IMO

ps. Never really had a doubt...

These presenters troll these sites for information. That is not professional.

They are very poor at what they do. Richard Gordon is so boring that it is impossible to listen to him.

If they had their way, the whole of Scotland would support teuchter teams, eat shortbread and wear tartan everyday. it's simply not like that.

Having digs like that however irrelevant some may think they are is purely designed to get a rise out of a section of our support. To most of us, the club is a way of life and he will never understand that.

He cannot be surprised then if he gets harangued for making cheap comments. If you keep kicking a dog sooner or later it will bite you.

Old Firm...for all the deluded people who say this doesn't matter..don't make me laugh.If we drew them in the cup it would be the biggest news in British sport.

The scumbags say we are not the same club yet they devote whole threads on their forums to us. invent websites in honour of us,

its coming....they know it.

As for the BBC a huge majority of Scotland supports us yet they report on games that can only attract just over 1000 people, Very selective in my opinion.

Firm by definition refers to a partnership or colloboration of some description. And in a footballing context it alludes to a close rivalry.

We are not a partner of theirs, this was far more prevalent in the past with sponsorship ie joint cr smith. We are also 2 leagues apart so do not have matches to unite us with them. Nor do we have the combinred voting rights we used in tandem to control scottish football.

There is not and should not be any old firm.

Glad we aren't associated with them.

We have been farting around in the lower Leagues of Scotland just to get back to a League and set up that despise us through bigotry and jealousy.

Still say it we should have gone to the Northern Premier when we had our chance.

Then we could have said good riddens.

Wonder once we are back then will they want the Mhedia rights.

Oh I wonder.Then youll see the clamour.

i woldnt listen to to it, i just get good days ruined every time i do cos they make me so angry, epecially being paid tax payers money to use their positions to vent deep rooted hate for our club and more so our fans. i have to say the stance of otehr outlets such as stv and even rc lately has been that rangers are rangers, so credit where its due. no this is mostly and bbc/shellic thing. but it is also their latest fail.

but rest assured, when we get back to what scottish football calls its top league, ( ha ha) and sky push the promotion button for the first old firm game in years, these bitter bbc peoples views will just become redundant because the whole world will be watching and saying, the Rangers are back and the old firm games are back. thats when the big boy tv and media will step in and richard gordon and his band of mini media hacks will be way down the pecking order in terms of access to an audience and i hope the rangers.

and this is where we as a club should step up our ban against all bbc employees, and the likes of britney and that foreign reporter thingy english. then they will all be left in their ivory tower that the tax payes gave them talking about is it really the old firm. while our frinds from media outlets such as talk sport will be in our amazing stadium savouring the atmosphere. personally though i dont see us doing that.

The glasgow derby, the oldest city rivalry in the world will be back.

Anyone who links us to them via the old firm tag simply wants us to be associated with them.

no it will be used by sky to sell it cos the world recognises the old firm tag. its called marketing and promotion, and the point os that when the big boy media outlets call it that the small insignificant likes of jum spence and richard gordon will look outdated and, well, what they are, insignificant reporters , reporting on an event that is too big for them, and all be because the berrs are back at the table, and i cant wait to see them all clambering to be a part of it. if you ask me thats why the likes of guidi is stating clearly that he believes rangers are still rangers, cos he wants to be there when it all kicks off again. and so do i and i canny wait man

Sky will use it to market and promote THEIR product. BEARS should not use it as it links us to them.

I repeat, glasgow derby. Fiercest most passionate derby in the world. Rangers v celtic. All appropriate terms for us to use.

Seems like you are happier looking for offence where it isnt, and by doing so aligning us to them, than rejecting this uniting moniker. Bizarre.

Richard Gordon is purposely ignoring what he already knows, or should know by dint of the fact he's a Scottish football journo. Of course, he's also a rabid sheep supporter so this is just a wind up. The phrase 'Old Firm' was coined to represent the control Rangers and septic had over the money in Scottish football. I doubt very much if his much vaunted 'New Firm' came anywhere near the orginal meaning. We're still worth more than the sheep and D Hibs put together.

Forget it. Do you not think that when we

re back on top Celtic,Aberdeen,Hibs and Hearts fans will constantly bombard us with Sevco and Newco?

This will run for years. Time for thick skins and Struthian aloofness

I suppose it depends how many of them survive...