Me, Paul Le Guen and the Loch Ness Monster Munch

North Rd

Long term planning?, you cant be serious.

You honestly think its acceptable to be sitting 4th for a large part of the season in the SPL, struggling for results each week?.

He was a hopeless manager, who looked totally out his depth for whatever reason.

We'll never know how good (or not) PLG would have been in the long term for a Club like Rangers due to the fact that the then Club captain (Mr Rangers) behaved like a fucking spoilt child and along with a couple of his buddies he made sure that this 'new guy' was never going to be given a fair shake.

As Boss succinctly puts it........he's a fucking wee NED. :angry:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to pick sides, Barry showed passion where there was none, he showed a desire to win where there was none, he took responsibility where there was none, PLG deserves a modicum of respect but if there are problems in the setup the Captain has to speak up. There are reams of threads on here where fans pillory people for not taking responsibility.

All this rubbish about PLG installing a new ethos is crap, PLG was installing a losing mentality, if there is one thing we will not accept as a support it is to lose.

Barry conviniently forgot to mention his role in undermining PLG along with other personnel at the club including the club doctor at the time.

There were a number of Scottish players undermining the manager in a number of ways including the double training sessions he wanted to bring in. They were essentially lazy bastards who didn't want to put the work in.

Now whatever you think of PLG, players and other officials simply should not be doing that. Everyone in the club should be pulling in the same direction and that didn't happen when he was in charge. Both the Fergie camp and Le Guen were culpable in that respect.

Back Barry 100%.

We all believed the hype when PLG arrived but the truth is he wasn't cut out for the job. He made many errors both on and off the field from day one. Him resigning was one of the most important days in our recent history.

The point total he had after 23 league games, when he left, was our lowest in 20 years, since they changed it to three points for a win.

PLG leaving meant we were able to rebuild and it led to us reaching our first European final and winning three in a row. It didn't take Walter long to recognise where the problems lay. He quickly signed two big central defenders and our results improved dramatically almost overnight. That would prove to be the beginning of one of the most successful period's in our history.

I don't doubt PLG was a poor manager for us but as captain of the club Barry should of acted in a far more dignified manner than he did. Not just in this case but in general IMO.

It's not him running about shouting and sneering that bothered me but rather the way he conducted himself at times both on and off the park.

I have always beleived Walter had an eye for a player, and would not take too much shit from any player, on his return he made Barry captain, went on to record three in a row, with teams he constantly had to keep remoulding due to the money mens demands.

He also put Barry firimly in his place when he over stepped the mark.

So personally I am thankfull Barry and the rest forced through change, but ultimately his ego cost him his legend status, for me he was a great player, at times a great leader and captain but allowed this to go to his big head.

makes good points about the demands put on players of The Mighty Rangers :thumbup:

For le guen being shit, he gave us an unbeaten run in europe, something that could have been built on back home

Byt the huffy wee ned didnt like celtic being above usregardless of how we were doing elsewhere

He did well in Europe against average (at best) opposition but let's not go over the top now. We were doing well in Europe before he arrived and we did even better when he left. The season before PLG arrived we reached the Champions League last 16, narrowly missing out on a Quarter final place.. The season after he left we reached the Uefa Cup Final.

His league record also cannot be ignored. Domestically he was a complete disaster. The point total he had after 23 league games, when he left, was our lowest in 20 years, since they changed it to three points for a win.

He did well in Europe against average (at best) opposition but let's not go over the top now. We were doing well in Europe before he arrived and we did even better when he left. The season before PLG arrived we reached the Champions League last 16, narrowly missing out on a Quarter final place.. The season after he left we reached the Uefa Cup Final.

His league record also cannot be ignored. Domestically he was a complete disaster. The point total he had after 23 league games, when he left, was our lowest in 20 years, since they changed it to three points for a win.

Fuck me, champions league last 16 you say, why did we get rid of the manager that got us that

As for the uefa cup final, i give you kaunas the following season

Plg deserved time, he didnt get it because the wee ned and his pals couldnt handle being behind celtic

PLG was a disaster and I don't buy for a second that he would have succeeded if he's been given time. His career since Rangers will show you that.

I won't be sticking the boot into Barry either, he was brilliant for us. Right enough there were a number of things he should have done better but I'm not one for grudges.

For le guen being shit, he gave us an unbeaten run in europe, something that could have been built on back home

Byt the huffy wee ned didnt like celtic being above usregardless of how we were doing elsewhere

It's hilarious how relentlessly negative you are about McCoist but you're backing Le Guen.