Make no mistake about it...they want troops banned

MayboleLoyal_atb

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think that's the one mate thanks

Dunno if it's been on RM before but here is a classic post about our Club's attackers.

Call me an old bigot if you like, but I can assure you that every time it appears more and more bears see the wisdom of it:

Stop Orangemen from entering your stadium for their annual Church parade and it will go a long way in removing the stigma of you being a sectarian club.

We done it.

Sign a Roman Catholic,a Scottish/Glaswegian one,and it will go a long way in removing the stigma of you being a sectarian club.

We done it

Withdraw those Orange tops that were your clubs most successful ever seller,as we think they have sectarian overtones attached to them.

We done it.

Yes,but you have never has a Catholic captain in your side ever.

Step forward Lorenzo Amoruso

We done it.

Yes but you never,ever had a roman catholic on your board at anytime.

Bob Brannan.

We done it.

Yes,but that Simply the Best is sectarian,it'll have to go.

We done it.

Aye,you lot have never ever had a roman catholic manager...

Paul Le Guen.

We done it.

Yes,but you fly flags that are sectarian,likethe Union flag.

The flag of your country sectarian?

Your display of cards depicting a Union flag and two saltires were akin to a Nuremberg rally.

My nations flag and my country's flag together are Nazi flags now?

I'll be reporting you to my mate Sepp Blatter for singing through the Champions league theme at the start of your matches.

It's an offence now is it?

Rangers players attacked in the street by vermin.

Rangers players homes and cars attacked by vermin.

No arrests.

Rangers players attacked at the Paedo Playground with lighters.

No arrests.

The waving of Union flags and the playing of the Dambusters song is ''Militaristic''

Is it really?In our own country?

Singing ''Rule Britannia'' is sectarian and offensive.

Written by a Scotsman and a song that is British?

If you drop ''Eff Tee Pee'' it will all end at that.

Will it?

Let us be honest the fifth columnists in this country would like us to have no military or police force in this country at all so as their terrorist and criminal chums could run the country which in fact they are doing slowly with their political drip, drip, drip policy !

Some of the comments to Tommo's Blog are crazyyyyyyyyy

1. I have to disagree with your assertion that sectarian songs and chants are a part of tradition and a fixture at Celtic Park.
  2. I appreciate th difficulty you have in reporting anything about events at Ibrox, and it may well be the safest path to tread by making sure to drag Celtic in to this, but quite frankly that has been a major part of the problems in Govan – very few will ever just tell it as it is without dragging Celtic in to it. Celtic supporters and Celtic FC have nothing to do with the disgraceful scenes shown above. Why mention them?

3. Permalink Reply

1. Alex I have to take issue with your comment
    “Now – love ‘em or loathe ‘em, sectarian songs are a fact of life and tradition in Ibrox as they are at Celtic Park”
    Sectarian songs are rarely, if ever, heard at Celtic Park following a campaign by Fergus McCann in the 1990s to eradicate them. What you hear at Celtic Park is harmless Irish ballads, cheesy 80s pop tunes and inventive songs celebrating Celtic Football Club. I would add that away games are different but again NO sectarian songs by definition, more edgy Irish rebel songs.

Some of the comments to Tommo's Blog are crazyyyyyyyyy

1. I have to disagree with your assertion that sectarian songs and chants are a part of tradition and a fixture at Celtic Park.

2. I appreciate th difficulty you have in reporting anything about events at Ibrox, and it may well be the safest path to tread by making sure to drag Celtic in to this, but quite frankly that has been a major part of the problems in Govan – very few will ever just tell it as it is without dragging Celtic in to it. Celtic supporters and Celtic FC have nothing to do with the disgraceful scenes shown above. Why mention them?

3. Permalink Reply

1. Alex I have to take issue with your comment

“Now – love ‘em or loathe ‘em, sectarian songs are a fact of life and tradition in Ibrox as they are at Celtic Park”

Sectarian songs are rarely, if ever, heard at Celtic Park following a campaign by Fergus McCann in the 1990s to eradicate them. What you hear at Celtic Park is harmless Irish ballads, cheesy 80s pop tunes and inventive songs celebrating Celtic Football Club. I would add that away games are different but again NO sectarian songs by definition, more edgy Irish rebel songs.

Fuck I just dream of hearing, here we go again which contains ooh ah up the ra. Fenian fucks

Fuck I just dream of hearing, here we go again which contains ooh ah up the ra. Fenian fucks

Il say one thing for them....................

They must all be sitting in Library's on the Pc's waiting for something to moan about going by the amount of comments on Timmo's blogs page.

Tommo's Blog

Monday 30 Sep 2013

Armed forces’ involvement in a sectarian Rangers ‘party’ was a PR disaster

It’s not about Rangers. It’s about the Ministry of Defence.

The one thing any soldier (rightly) runs a mile from is getting into anything deemed “political”. Our armed forces need to be seen to be distanced from politics. Theirs is the lonely and dangerous business of doing the bidding of our politicians for better or worse.

In recent years that has meant fighting long, unwinnable wars, far from these islands, with little support or thanks from voters and politicians who would rather Iraq and Afghanistan just somehow went away.

More from Alex Thomson on Rangers

That is why the scenes at Ibrox on Saturday are scarcely credible and stain the reputation of Britain’s armed forces.

An orderly parade of service personnel from all three forces marched onto the pitch to the accompaniment of a military band. It was dignified. The kind of thing you would see at many a carnival event across Britain.

What happened next was not dignified. It was a PR disaster for all three services, and the MoD has only escaped wider damage because an event that looks so tawdry to outside eyes and ears is still considered normal in this part of Scotland. So normal that is has barely been mentioned in the Scottish media, which speaks volumes.

For a prolonged period, British armed forces in uniform waved, clapped, danced, did the “bouncy” and snapped their selfies in front of fans – as the Ibrox faithful went through their repertoire of Rule Britannia, Derry’s Walls, The Sash and so forth. A number of chants praised the Northern Irish paramilitary organisation the Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF). Like Celtic fans praising the IRA, this is illegal under recent Scottish anti-sectarian laws.

It’s not clear whether or not the scores of uniformed soldiers actually joined in with the singing – but they very much joined in in every other conceivable way, lending their obvious and very public support to a litany of sectarian songs. It was a party – a loud, sectarian, political party. The British Army, air force and navy were taking sides. The evidence is all there, all over YouTube (see above), posted by loyal Rangers fans who thought it was all an innocent grand day out.

Now – love ‘em or loathe ‘em, sectarian songs are a fact of life and tradition in Ibrox as they are at Celtic Park.

That’s not the key issue here. The problem is with our servicemen and women being exposed to this and hung out to dry by their commanders who seem to have the PR skills of a garden slug. This is the British Army, the Royal Air Force, the Royal Navy – and some years into a delicate peace process in Northern Ireland.

You can’t expose young people in the ranks to this and expect them to do anything else but let their hair down. What is idiotic and so far unexplained, is how they were put into this position by their commanding officers.

It was so easy: march on. Stand and enjoy the applause. March off.

Who thought allowing these people to be sucked into this deeply political cauldron and be made idiots of, was somehow a clever plan? The MoD either lost control of this event or, worse, never thought to impose any. We await answers to these questions from the MoD and, in particular, the General Officer Commanding Scotland, Major General Nick Eeles.

30_rangers_r_w.jpg

All this just months after the GOC Scotland wrote to people who complained that last year’s remembrance parade at Ibrox, with abseiling and other attractions, was at best tasteless: “The General Officer Commanding Scotland has now had the opportunity to review the events that took place at Ibrox Park with the other service heads in Scotland. They share your view that the format of the half-time event and the conduct of those taking part in it was inappropriate for remembrance weekend and will take steps to ensure that such events are conducted with appropriate solemnity in the future.”

If the GOC believes a little light abseil action is “inappropriate”, I await with interest his views of what happened at Ibrox this weekend, where professional British forces in uniform were allowed to become sectarian cheerleaders. It wasn’t just ugly – it was unprofessional. All this while the top brass were in a box at Ibrox, watching it unfold.

What should have been a dignified display in belated celebration of armed forces day degenerated into a corporate car crash for HM Forces plc. The regional chief exec, GOC Eeles, owes the wider public beyond Ibrox some kind of explanation.

The basis of professional armed forces is that they must be, and be seen to be, non-political. The commanding officers of our forces in Scotland seem to have entirely forgotten that. Or, like much of the Scottish media, they simply didn’t see anything amiss here. The former would be grossly naïve. The latter, tragic.

I got confused after the first couple of paragraphs and gave up

Is it sectarian or is it political?

I wish these cunts would make their mind up what they are getting offended about

Obsessed with The Rangers

UNBE-FUCKIN-LEIVABLE!

This breaks my heart boys, what is this country coming too!

Did any of these protesting people actually attend the event? I was there, in the centre of that park and did not witness any sectarianism, end of.

I witnessed a celebration of this countrys armed forces, if responding to the the support shown to us is sectarian or offensive then im applying to emigrate out of this cesspit!

This whole thread is a joke and should not be what we are talking about a couple of days after the evnt.

I had a feeling this would happen though. I was told to remove my Rangers scarf (blue red and white striped) others were told not to take flags, scarfs and banners onto the pitch as we couldnt show allegiances. Had to put my scarfe under my jacket when I came on the park of the team iv supported and followed for so many years. The heirarchy knew there would be a shitstorm.

Sad sad day fellow bears, people with agendas are winning here, the minority always speak loudest unfortunately.

If this is binned then Army Scotland should hang their Heads in Shame.

They must grow a pair so must the Club.

No more compromise this is where it gets us.

Cretins complaining about this, they are Traitors to our Country and fly a foreign Flag.

That says it all.

We have to stand strong and not compromise in this.

Why not write to the Officer responsible for the services turning up and tell him how proud you are at the service personnel and what an inspirational day it was on Saturday. Ask him not to let the anti-British, anti-Armed Services, anti-Rangers bigots deter a show of patriotism and thanks towards our service personnel. The service men and women did nothing on Saturday for which they should be ashamed or charged.

Major General N. Eeles

General Officer Commanding Scotland

Edinburgh Castle

(Barrack Block)

Castle Hill

Edinburgh

EH1 2NG