Will there be a positive legacy from our years in the lower leagues?

Thermopylae

I was listening to Gordon Dalziel waxing lyrical on Saturday about what a treat it was for the Ayr United fans to have the Teds fill their ground and it started me thinking will travelling around every port of call in Scottish football leave a residual good will towards us from the grass roots of the game?

The financial benefits to other clubs will be great, but seldom reported as saviours of Scottish football. What I'm disappointed with is that we seem to be buying our way out of trouble again. Although we did lose a good few 'valuable' players after liquidation, I'd have hoped for more enthusism to be put on youth development. There are still some of last years youngsters involved with the 1st team, but what will it be like the higher we go???

I doubt it. Football fans being football fans, most are laughing at our plight even as we help fill their coffers.

Our club could realise a lasting legacy if we come out of this fitter and stronger if we learn from some harsh commercials lessons. time will tell if we do or not.

A more obvious legacy for us as fans is that all our haters popped up out of nowhere and were suddenly visable. These people have now stuck their heads above the parapet and the depth of their hatred will not easily be forgotten.

We have spent an insane amount of money

It is but you should look at it for the future.

I don't think we should buy anyone until a) were a bit financially secure , and b) were in SPFL. I would however pick up any ' frees ' that will play an active part and will still be with us when we get to the top flight.

I think it would benefit us more if, when we get there, we already have a team that's fluent and know each other.

Disagree that other sides - in the lower divisions - are laughing at us. most of the comments I have heard/read have been positive. However, I agree that the so-called premier teams supporters are probaly still laughing at us. Question is - for how long? It won't be long 'til we are back rubbing their faces in it then see if they are laughing.

There is clearly positive cash income for the Clubs we come up against as we journey through the divisions. Any legacy effect though for them is dependent on how they choose to spend or invest that cash.

For ourselves I really at the outset felt that there would be positives for our Club. The opportunity to wipe clean a slate of old methods and operating styles. Young blood and new ideas with Auchenhowie being the foundation on which the Team would be built on- funded by a ticket/ merchandise sales of a fantastically loyal support and sponsorship income. Initially our story was one that captured the imagination of the large parts of the footballing world....

Then the men in suits came along- and it is back to buying success, greed, costs (largely payroll and bonuses) exceeding income- same old same old. Then more men in suits- who don't like the men in suits currently sitting in the boardroom. Although their previous history does not suggest that they have a different game plan. But all the same civil war breaks out.

Any legacy for ourselves looks to be pretty toxic at the moment. But at least the team are achieving the necessary results.

some supporters on the way up may well begrudge us. however I think the boards of every club will be more than happy when they rake in the money from us visiting them. our fans have been behaving for the most part apart from a few silly songs(I don't agree they are silly) being sung. I have not heard of any bother with the opposition fans and this is showing us in a good light to the towns and cities we visit on our journey. I think we have made some good friends in boardrooms who we may well get some support from in the future when the time comes for us to strike back at the sfa/spfl. the clubs in the top flight will be worried about our attendance at the away games when we return. I somehow don't see as many of our fans travelling to those who have put the boot in and in some cases are still trying to kick us. on our journey back we will have secured financially most clubs in the lower divisions for at least a couple of seasons. we will have retained our dignity as a support and as a club. we will also have gained some respect from the fans and the boardrooms of these clubs due to the money and behaviour of the fans. helping Scottish football from the bottom up. we have always had a legacy to be proud of this journey only enhances it

Haven't been to many away games since the start of last season, only Clyde (4-0) and East Stirling (4-2) last season, and Forfar plus Ayr this season. I have to say the only team with a section of fans that have sung anti-Rangers chants during the game was at Ayr last week. I don't know if this is because they are a West of Scotland team, or because they are one of the traditionally bigger non-SPL teams. Has there been other instances of this, or is this something we are more likely to encounter next season and obviously the one after that.

I have encountered smiles from the locals at every away game. A bit of banter in the ground but that is only 90 minutes. Not seen a bit of bother at any ground on our travels (with the exception of our own fans with the damn smoke grenades). Only down side has been the bad publicity when some fans are caught singing illegal stuff. All the smaller clubs must be loving it. 2 visits from the Gers and they are financially stable for at least 1 year. Based on attendance figures last season, our two visits resulted in 4 of the 9 clubs more than doubling their turnover. Queen's Park had an increase of approx 600%. 2 more clubs achieved approx double, another 2 clubs an additional 2 thirds increase. Annan faired poorest with only approx 1/3 increase in gates (due to their very small ground).

This season will be no different, Already we have seen our full ticket allocation taken up at Forfar, Stranraer, QoS, Airdrie and Ayr. The atmosphere has been really good which makes the locals enjoy the day if not the result. Ayr had approx 8 times their normal home attendance on Sunday. Our visit to Airdrie was an increase of approx 12 times that of other games.

Our trips to these clubs gives them financial security for at least a season. Stranraer will be in the black at the end of this season having been in severe financial difficulties. East Stirlingshire haven't looked back after our 2 visits last year.

For my part, I wish them all well, I have enjoyed the journey back so far.

For the SFL clubs all their Christmas's came at once when we went into SFL3 theres definetly a major cash boost for them and a publicity boost for the lower leagues as grounds that probably have not been full for years will now be full every time The Rangers visit also i think its good for us to get back to the real ideal of football, playing against guys who are footballers for the love of the game and not the money is refreshing as is the pretty much universal welcome we have recieved from every club we have played 14 months into our journey back to the top. Its been a rollercoaster so far but it beats the usual sphell bigots and bile hands down

I haven't bothered to read all the replies and surprised how long winded some are. It really depends on what you call a legacy, the way I think and feel is that these lower league clubs should take on board that is possible to do well against top level clubs and should have more faith in themselves in the cup competition,

The haters will still hate. Some neutrals will gain from the blue pound and this is a good thing. But to me the biggest leggacy is for us - I'm sure i'm not alone in realising, after all this shit, how deeply I love Rangers. The stadium, the jersey and the ideals/history of the club. So a good legacy of appreciating what you have.