Dunfermline could be liquidated next week

ayesteady

If they do die, watch for the rush of apologies from others in a precarious position as they realise that c****c have no intentions of helping them, despite their support for the mhanks against us. C****c are too busy stockpiling cash - not to be ready for us buy to repay their mortgage.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are Dunfermline actually in administration?

I'm sure the answer is yes so why haven't they had a points deduction?

According to Companies House, they are not. If it happened within the last week or so, it won't have been updated yet.

That's just a little collateral damage

We would get awarded a 3-0 win and we've no even played them yet

We have max points and won't effect us

I thought they took away all the points other teams scored against them if they failed to complete the season. We haven't played them yet so we won't lose points. Forfar and Arbroath got 3 points against them and Brechin got 1 point.

Forfar would stay in 9th place but that would now be bottomw of the table, Arbroath from 6th to 8th, East Fife from 10th to 7th, Airdrie 8th to 6th, Stranraer 7th to 5th, Arbroath, 6th to 3rd, Brechin would move from 5th to 4th, Ayr 4th to 3rd, Stenhousemuir 3rd to 2nd, Dunfermline would disappear and we would stay top with maximum points and we would have played one more game than everyone else.

I thought they took away all the points other teams scored against them if they failed to complete the season. We haven't played them yet so we won't lose points.

This my understanding of how a mid-season liquidation would be managed in terms of the league table.

I thought they took away all the points other teams scored against them if they failed to complete the season. We haven't played them yet so we won't lose points. Forfar and Arbroath got 3 points against them and Brechin got 1 point.

Forfar would stay in 9th place but that would now be bottomw of the table, Arbroath from 6th to 8th, East Fife from 10th to 7th, Airdrie 8th to 6th, Stranraer 7th to 5th, Arbroath, 6th to 3rd, Brechin would move from 5th to 4th, Ayr 4th to 3rd, Stenhousemuir 3rd to 2nd, Dunfermline would disappear and we would stay top with maximum points and we would have played one more game than everyone else.

They make up rules as they go along but I believe everyone's awarded 3.0 wins

According to Companies House, they are not. If it happened within the last week or so, it won't have been updated yet.

Which company are you looking at? According to the credit agency we use the Ltd, which is presumably the body that holds the license to play, is still in admin, but the PLC (holding company) is not.

Trying to understand this a bit better as its slightly confusing but from what I can gather the council are refusing to take Dunfermlines training ground back in the current condition it is in (as its a council requirement to get a property back in the same condition it was leased out) and there's no option to keep leasing it either.

If thats the case I don't rate their chances.

A question :

Will BDO charge Dunfermline the same as we were charged for going into admin etc ?

I'd imagine administrators fees are the same regardless of the size of the football club as its the same job they are doing

If so , where the heck are Dunfermline getting the cash to pay BDO ??

Especially going to court now , the fees must be astranomical for the size of a club like Dunfermline

Dunfermline FC won't be liquidated.

Only the company will die, the football club will remain in some shape or form.

Personally, I hope they will stay on in the SPFL

If the company who controls them is liquidated what happens.? Under the precedent set when our insolvency event occurred we were denied the opportunity to transfer our membership of the SPL from 'oldco' to 'newco'. As a result we were booted out of the SPL.

Rangers were fortunate that there was another football body in existence in Scotland at the time, namely the SFL. Remember the SFL were under no obligation to accept our application for membership and I believe some individuals in Scotland were against the SFL letting us join their league. Well what's good for the goose should be good for the Hearts and Dnfermline.

Surely 'sporting integrity' and precedence dictates that in the event of any club being liquidated that their share/membership of the SPFL is

non-transferable

Or was that rule only a convenience to boot Rangers in the bollocks?

Any SPFL club entering liquidation should not be allowed to transfer their membership of the SPFL to a newco.

Junior football awaits and is what justice demands.

Dunferline will still be a football club as you can't liquidate a football club it will be the company that gets liquidated.

SPFL are change rules for people who go into administration instead of getting points deducted they will be relegated so that will surely mean Dunferline will be in the 3rd division next season?

Dunferline will still be a football club as you can't liquidate a football club it will be the company that gets liquidated.

SPFL are change rules for people who go into administration instead of getting points deducted they will be relegated so that will surely mean Dunferline will be in the 3rd division next season?

I would disagree. You can liquidate a football club. This happened with airdrieonians.

I.e. the company is put into liquidation and no-one buys the business (club). This way all the assets are broken up and the staff are all made redundant. No continuation of the economic entity.

Yeah but they won't be able to come back as I believe they own no assets

went on to dunfermline forum for wee nosey

found these comments

Re: Possible Liquidation Next Week....

Topic Originator: GEW35

Date: Wed 9 Oct 18:18

Great stuff, show starts at 6.10 and here we are at 6.16 and back onto Rangers.....

Re: Possible Liquidation Next Week.... Topic Originator: Tribbiani

Date: Wed 9 Oct 18:18

"Let's switch our attention to Rangers"

FFS!

haha! Its all about the Rangers!

Hope they are liquidated