Jon Daly Loyal

JamieG54

I loved Boyd's goals when he was at Ibrox and thought he could score for fun anywhere. Boy was I wrong. Flopped everywhere after leaving us until he came back to Scotland. Says a lot more about Scottish football than whether or not Daly can score in League 1. Lay off the big man. He is doing a job for us and I respect him for it, particularly bearing in mind the baggage he is carrying.

This.

Rangers never scored, Daly did.

So If Daly scores the only goal in the final you will not count this as a Rangers won trophy? Bheggars belief. Anyone who pulls on a Rangers shirt and does the business gets my support, admiration and yes ENVY because like all of us here I wish I had the ability to be a Rangers player along with being a fan.

He's Blue

He's White

He may be an Oirish Tim

But He's Alright

Jon Daly

I wonder if Graham Speirs would like to comment on this thread.

We all love the big man, regardless of his background, he's giving us 100% every week and banging the goals in to boot.

That's all we ask for.

Now can you imagine what reception he would get from the GFITW if we played at Porkheid next week.

What do you think Speirsy and I bet you wouldn't make it public.

As usual the comments are taken out of context.

When we play in Europe with a target man we are laughed at by our counter parts.

We sign Daly and continue with this outdated footballing philosophy peculiar to the British Isles.

We won the league last year without him. We didn't need him to win the league this year. And by the time we get to the SPFL we will need to replace him. No doubt with another target man at a cost of god knows how much.

I am questioning the entire footballing ethos not Jon Daly. Some though just like to argue for arguments sake.

He misses some amount of sitters... i guess that's why the biggest club he had played for before us was Hartlepool Utd.

He must of thought he'd won the lottery when he heard that we were in for him.

All strikers miss a load of sitters. If we judged strikers the way we judge goalies hardly any would get more than one game.