Fernando Ricksen diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis

PrsosPonytail

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of one other ex sportsman to suffer from ALS. The great south African rugby player joost van der westhuizen. He got told he had 5 years tops to live. Even that would be a miracle he was told. Think he's had it two years now. He's now in a wheelchair and speech is pretty bad.

Bloody shame what can happen to people. Thoughts go out to Fernando and his family!

Good shout, celtic done it for petrov so I cant see why we couldn't do it for a former captain.

Thoughts are with Fernando and his family. I'm sure his autobiography is out this week?

Celtic raised a lot of cssh and awareness for MND since Jimmy Johnstone got it and died, Wullie Henderson raised a fair bit for it too since they were pals, Sam English died of MND in 1967, I'd like to see the club raise more awareness for MND and try and get more funding into MND research

It's crazy that I had no knowledge of this yet so many seems to know loved ones who have had this disease!

From looking it up last night it sounded like the worst sort of disease around, crippling people within a few years sometimes less.

:(

This needs some serious funding to maybe one day finding a treatment to prolong and give a better quality of life to those people diagnosed.

Everyone seems to agree that it is the worst disease you could get :-(

He was my favourite player when I was younger, not only did he captain Rangers, but he captained us to our greatest ever title win imo.

Thoughts are with you and your Family Fernando.

It's crazy that I had no knowledge of this yet so many seems to know loved ones who have had this disease!

From looking it up last night it sounded like the worst sort of disease around, crippling people within a few years sometimes less.

:(

This needs some serious funding to maybe one day finding a treatment to prolong and give a better quality of life to those people diagnosed.

I've got the sun here and one of the experts in it says that due to him being fit and if he keeps his strong mind he can prolong it a bit.

She did also say it's more about the quality of life you can live rather the length of time you live

I've got the sun here and one of the experts in it says that due to him being fit and if he keeps his strong mind he can prolong it a bit.

She did also say it's more about the quality of life you can live rather the length of time you live

I can’t even imagine how that must be for his family and himself.

Life can be so so shite, terrifies me tbh.

When I was in hospital 3 years ago, my biggest fear was that it was going to be Motor Neurone, was relieved as fuck when it was MS.

What happened to you mate? was it a speech thing too?

Praise god you didn't have that, hope you are well mate.