Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

I won't be touching the Order until it's 20 quid or less.

Play time is a disgrace for a game that's taken so long to develop, all the flashy nice graphics in the world can't make up for such a short and limited game.

Won't be long for that to happen by the looks of it. Shame really, looked good.

Won't be long for that to happen by the looks of it. Shame really, looked good.

Yup.

I mean when you know it's not a multiplayer then you expect a fairly big story mode not a less than 10 hour cut scene fest.

Why buy a game for £40-50 when you could rent it for one night for buttons and complete it?

Madness.

Yup.

I mean when you know it's not a multiplayer then you expect a fairly big story mode not a less than 10 hour cut scene fest.

Why buy a game for £40-50 when you could rent it for one night for buttons and complete it?

Madness.

Does seem strange. It's not as if it was rushed. You expect console launch titles to be like that but not games that come out over a year after the console debuts.

Yeah the Xbox launched with one that had the looks but it was a very short game.

This has been put back a few times so you thought that this would benefit it and it was obviously getting some padding out. Its like they spent so much time trying to make it look like a film that the gameplay and story got a rush job in the final few months.

Probably the biggest disappointment on the console so far.

I won't be touching the Order until it's 20 quid or less.

Play time is a disgrace for a game that's taken so long to develop, all the flashy nice graphics in the world can't make up for such a short and limited game.

£20 on ebay, Play then back on ebay for £20 :thumbup:

Yeah the Xbox launched with one that had the looks but it was a very short game.

This has been put back a few times so you thought that this would benefit it and it was obviously getting some padding out. Its like they spent so much time trying to make it look like a film that the gameplay and story got a rush job in the final few months.

Probably the biggest disappointment on the console so far.

i wouldn't say it was a huge dissapointment mate,yea it's short (8 hours in first playthrough) and not worth full price, and a litle too much hand holding,but the gunplay,story,graphics and voice acting are stellar.i know you'll enjoy it mate as we seem to have the same taste.

i wouldn't say it was a huge dissapointment mate,yea it's short (8 hours in first playthrough) and not worth full price, and a litle too much hand holding,but the gunplay,story,graphics and voice acting are stellar.i know you'll enjoy it mate as we seem to have the same taste.

I know I will end up enjoying it from what I have seen but I cant get over how short it is. I couldnt justify buying it just now since I will end up finishing it within a few sittings.

I mean WWE I think of as a unfinished game but Ive still clocked up 18 hours in my story mode, I just think for the price you need something more long term.

Its more disappointment than anything else as I was looking forward to it ever since it was released, now I dont know what Ill be looking to next as this wont last me long at all. Bloodborne was mentioned but from videos I have seen its RPGish and I HATE final fantasy type games.

the way i looked at it mate was that there are so many things you can spend 50 quid on and they wouldn't last as long as the order,a wee gram of chico,meal at a restaurant,night out wi the lads etc,so for say 7 quid an hour you get to play this game,which isn't so bad,i agree it should have been longer,but to experience the graphics alone,was worth the purchase imo,but i'm a bit of a graphics whore to be fair :lol:

honestly mate,wait for it to come down,which won't be long and get it,you may suprise yourself.

They over complicated things, Once you see the map and all the things you need to do and collect you'l know what i mean. Also the world is no where near as nice and is much harder to get about. Then you have the wildlife that constantly attacks you which gets really annoying, You have guys constantly shooting which turns out they are shooting at birds (So tip no.1 if you hear shooting just ignore it) Game just had so many annoying elements compared to 3. They tried to cram in a million and one things in and because of that the game just does not flow the way 3 did.

Starting to see what you mean.. there's a million things going on at once.

Still, i'm enjoying it though!

Bought BF4 Premium Edition on the store and a one month PS+sub all for less than 30 quid,not too shabby imo. Good time to get on Plus according to my mate who said to me last night that next month is going to be cracking for the games on offer,indie titles apparently. Also,does anybody else get incredibly slow downloads on the PS4? Just did a test on the console there with 9.1mb(down) and 1.0(up),and on the download section it says it will take 12 hours to download 9gbs of data...wtf

P.S if anybody wants to add me for some BF4 then here you go

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/DecoySpartacus/stats/945050080/ps3/

Bought BF4 Premium Edition on the store and a one month PS+sub all for less than 30 quid,not too shabby imo. Good time to get on Plus according to my mate who said to me last night that next month is going to be cracking for the games on offer,indie titles apparently. Also,does anybody else get incredibly slow downloads on the PS4? Just did a test on the console there with 9.1mb(down) and 1.0(up),and on the download section it says it will take 12 hours to download 9gbs of data...wtf

P.S if anybody wants to add me for some BF4 then here you go

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/DecoySpartacus/stats/945050080/ps3/

Most UK ISPs don't marry well with PSN.

Sometimes its lightening fast but most of the times its slow as fuck.

Nearly 18 hours later and its at 99% done,to be fair though the internet in this house has always been dogshit.

Fuck sake mate.

I left mine on and watched 2 episode of that Saul show and it was downloaded and installed :lol:

I have bt infinity, having problems with the android box as it's buffering to fuck but it's not my connection, frustrating.

Aye that's one thing that bugs me about PSN.. I'm on a 100mb line, which means i should be downloading at around 12.5mbps... but during peak hours it's lucky to be half of that. Right now i'm downloaging a 2.7gb file and it's saying it wants 11 minutes, which gives me a speed of around 4mbps. At full speed it would take no longer than 4 minutes.. At night time when the Playstation network is quieter I do get better speeds but it's still nowhere near 12.5mbps...

It's even worse on a wireless connection.. thankfully i'm fortunate enough to be wired.

One thing i miss about Steam, Origin and even Uplay.. i always got my full download speed!

Platinumed far cry 4 today. First ever platinum aswell :D

Well done, i'm gonna trade mine in, the game bores me to death. Although i nearly shat myself when i ran into the river to try and get a devil fish and a fucking crocodile grabbed me out of nowhere :lol:

Platinumed far cry 4 today. First ever platinum aswell :D

Congrats! I've only ever got the platinum for 3 games.. Battlefield 4, Infamous Second Son and Shadow of Mordor.

I don't really bother with trophies to be honest, but i enjoyed those games immensely and the plats were pretty easy to get.