Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

I've been tempted to give TLOU another go but can't bring myself to yet, just dind't click for me on PS3.

There is a warchief I had the other night in Mordor that I just could'nt kill. Was impossible.

Shadow strike

No fear of Caragors

Couldn't blast him or jump over him

Attacks and finishers didn't work

Only arrows dented him and there was never enough befor his energy came back up.

Spent about an hour trying to kill him :lol:

I've been tempted to give TLOU another go but can't bring myself to yet, just dind't click for me on PS3.

There is a warchief I had the other night in Mordor that I just could'nt kill. Was impossible.

Shadow strike

No fear of Caragors

Couldn't blast him or jump over him

Attacks and finishers didn't work

Only arrows dented him and there was never enough befor his energy came back up.

Spent about an hour trying to kill him :lol:

if you use drain on orcs it replenishes your arrows mate.i used to brand the other orcs around to kill the hard chiefs,but was too easy.now i don't use brand at all.i don't mind it when a chief kills me,you're not expecting it and the wee conversations they have with you when you back just makes you want to destroy them :lol:

DualShockers are the worst, Total fanboys and the last gaming site you should be posting about regarding "hypocrisy with haters"

Really? I've never seen anything from them against other platforms and i've been reading the site for quite a long time. It seems to be the only gaming site i've seen that doesn't try and come up with click bait fanboy wars style articles and more about trying to get to the crux of the issues regarding the consoles. They've done some pretty good xbox articles too over the piece.

What fanboy related hypocritical stuff have they written out of curiosity?

It's been years since i was over there but last gen they were the pits...Does the name not give it away? :lol:

Edit: A quick google shows they are still at it and were deleting any talk of Uncharted 4 being downgraded from their forums only a couple of months ago.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2opvpp/dualshockers_mod_is_a_peasant_and_sony_shill/

It's been years since i was over there but last gen they were the pits...Does the name not give it away? :lol:

Edit: A quick google shows they are still at it and were deleting any talk of Uncharted 4 being downgraded from their forums only a couple of months ago.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2opvpp/dualshockers_mod_is_a_peasant_and_sony_shill/

Fair point, though i did find the article to talk a lot of sense and it echoed my thoughts on the order so bias or not they make some good points.

BTW How much is everyone paying for the game? I'm getting mine from amazon but the price is still at 49 quid with only a week to go til it's released which is a bit steep. Usually expect games from amazon for 40-45 max.

Fair point, though i did find the article to talk a lot of sense and it echoed my thoughts on the order so bias or not they make some good points.

BTW How much is everyone paying for the game? I'm getting mine from amazon but the price is still at 49 quid with only a week to go til it's released which is a bit steep. Usually expect games from amazon for 40-45 max.

Thing is there is no conspiracy with this game the hate from the Order came from PS fans and it was never out of badness it was purely because what they were showing off looked pretty crap gameplay wise, It had big black borders (800p) And the demo's they were putting out were supposed to be glitchy with awful cumbersome controls.

Luckily though it all seems to have came together for the release if we believe the people that have played it.

Played Evolve last night at a friends house, really good game, not worth full price though. If it drops to around £20 i will get it. Also ordered Dying Light for £30 from Rakuten w/ £10 online voucher.

Was looking at the DF comparison article on Eurogamer...PS4 version does not even hold up to PC on Low settings...We got well and truly ripped off with these "nxt-gen myarse" machines

How much of a "game" was Heavy Rain? One I missed last gen along with the Uncharted series :ohmy:

The majority loved it.

I didn't really get much out of it. Was really boring and I prefer games where you don't have many limitations. The good thing was decisions you made altered the course of events so it had good replay value.

Finished SoM Lord Of The Hunt DLC with only one trophy left that I have no intention of trying to get,kill 20 captains and five warchiefs within 40 minutes,earn 13k points and kill 10 captains with monsters,only 0.1% of players have got it so that tells you how difficult it is :lol:

Completed Wolfenstein yesterday as well,cracking FPS.Will probably go back to it and try and get most of the trophies done but I'm now onto Metro Redux,played 2033 on the 360 years ago so looking forward to playing the updated version.

Turns out The Order is short and around 5 hours long...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-16-ready-at-dawn-responds-to-concern-over-the-order-1886s-campaign-length

That's pretty shameful for a single player game only! 2nd hand from Ebay it is!

Pretty sure the Gears of War games were longer,looks like my apprehensions for this title were proved right after all.

Probably better off renting the game if you still can then return it the same day :lol:

Pretty sure the Gears of War games were longer,looks like my apprehensions for this title were proved right after all.

Probably better off renting the game if you still can then return it the same day :lol:

He's talking about MW was amazing and it had a very short campaign...Yep that's because it had an amazing multiplayer :lol:

Turns out The Order is short and around 5 hours long...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-16-ready-at-dawn-responds-to-concern-over-the-order-1886s-campaign-length

That's pretty shameful for a single player game only! 2nd hand from Ebay it is!

5 hours including cutscenes... It's barely 3 hours of gameplay. You can get it to around 9-12 if you spend time looking for collectibles to "flesh out the story"

Anyone who is considering picking this up... wait a few weeks. With no multiplayer this games price will drop stupidly fast, particularly pre-owned.