Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Aye that and A Plague Tale Requiem are really poorly optimised. I don't understand why they don't offer different modes for 60fps instead of restricting you to 1440p at 30fps only (in A Plague Tale). I'm enjoying A Plague Tale on my laptop with an RTX 2070 at 1080p 60 fps and my laptop is a good bit less powerful than my PS5 - although I am using DLSS. All I had to do was drop a few settings down and its buttery smooth.

There's really no excuse for current gen consoles not hitting 60fps as a standard and then offering a 30fps mode with all bells and whistles to sell a few more game copies with some pretty screenshots.

Worth mentioning that A Plague Tale Requiem does offer a 40fps experience on console if you have a 120hz TV (essentially repeating a frame 3 times in a row. If you do the maths that works out exactly halfway in between 30fps and 60fps in terms of frametime. I gave this a go on Horizon Forbidden West but TBH still preferred the 60fps mode with reduced graphical settings.

It wasn't so long ago that I was used to 30fps on the Ps4 and my old laptop but now we've gotten used to 60fps its horrible going back to 30. I dare say you would get used to it again if you played for an extended period of time in any game. 

I’m really enjoying plague tale on the TV for HDR mate so frames aren’t my main concern with a single player but haven’t noticed it being that bad really. I’ve got a 120 frames monitor but the HDR is weird on the LG because it looks like it adds on a light brown filter look, so that can beat it. I use that for multiplayers.

Just now, CR3 said:

I’m really enjoying plague tale on the TV for HDR mate so frames aren’t my main concern with a single player but haven’t noticed it being that bad really. I’ve got a 120 frames monitor but the HDR is weird on the LG because it looks like it adds on a light brown filter look, so that can beat it. 

If you have VRR enabled you are probably playing at 40fps then which is obviously better than 30. The game is class as was the first one.

Did you ever finish Dying Light 2? I'm sure it was you who got it but wasn't happy with the 30fps nor the 60fps mode because it looked a bit shit. I completed it on the 60fps mode. I didn't get the supposed best ending due to a single decision I made near the end (actually 2 because it makes you make the same decision twice to make sure) but I got a pretty decent ending due to decisions I made in the rest of the game. Still stand by the decision at the end which fucked the perfect ending. 

6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

If you have VRR enabled you are probably playing at 40fps then which is obviously better than 30. The game is class as was the first one.

Did you ever finish Dying Light 2? I'm sure it was you who got it but wasn't happy with the 30fps nor the 60fps mode because it looked a bit shit. I completed it on the 60fps mode. I didn't get the supposed best ending due to a single decision I made near the end (actually 2 because it makes you make the same decision twice to make sure) but I got a pretty decent ending due to decisions I made in the rest of the game. Still stand by the decision at the end which fucked the perfect ending. 

Think this smokes the first one (innocence) so far which I finished. Yeah, dying light was noticeably bad going for resolution, like unplayable on the TV. I’ve left that to the side like many others I never got stuck into, far cry 6 and Valhalla a couple to name. Probably no surprise that they are both made by Ubisoft. Their storyline never captures me to keep going or becomes repetitive.

7 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Was really looking forward to this game but as soon as I seen the reports of sub 30fps it's a no buy from me.

Poor show tbh. Thought Warner brothers would have put out something that looks and runs fairly well but that’s a bit of a disaster by the looks of it.

3 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Poor show tbh. Thought Warner brothers would have put out something that looks and runs fairly well but that’s a bit of a disaster by the looks of it.

I agree. Worst part is when they do eventually release a 60fps mode new games will be released and this will be forgot about by myself

28 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Give us a modern control system only then leave the game alone. 

Also can we stop just doing reboots and remasters fucking hell gaming. 

Witcher 1 is more than acceptable for a remake though.

It’s aged horribly and barely anyone has actually played it since it was only released on PC in 2007.

1 hour ago, Iakona said:

It’s aged horribly and barely anyone has actually played it since it was only released on PC in 2007.

I'm not disagreeing with Witcher but it's ridiculous how many of the games being released now are remasters or remakes and most are terribly done. 

4 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I'm not disagreeing with Witcher but it's ridiculous how many of the games being released now are remasters or remakes and most are terribly done. 

If people keep buying them they'll keep doing it. I'm all for the Resident Evil remakes etc but stuff like Last of Us didn't need done.

On 26/10/2022 at 16:35, Iakona said:

Agree barely anyone has played it but some of us have. Found this today. 

1667325764575207070106640766944.thumb.jpg.c930944fe0c8be26313df1ed1a23a936.jpg

16673258400245828334872739086521.thumb.jpg.46d30495a9238dcc9db40c4adc1d34b9.jpg

Incidentally The Witcher is free on GOG. 

https://www.gog.com/gwent-welcome-bonus?cjdata=MXxZfDB8WXww&utm_campaign=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=cj

I don't have a DVD player on my current gaming laptop so this is perfect if I want to play again instead of messing about trying to get the files from the DVD on to it using another laptop which does have a DVD drive. 

36 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Agree barely anyone has played it but some of us have. Found this today. 

1667325764575207070106640766944.thumb.jpg.c930944fe0c8be26313df1ed1a23a936.jpg

16673258400245828334872739086521.thumb.jpg.46d30495a9238dcc9db40c4adc1d34b9.jpg

I've got first 2 witcher games on pc. Controls are horrible, puts ne off playing them. Plus, my pc dying doesn't help aswell I suppose :lol:

32 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

if anyone here remembers playing spyhunter there's an authentic playable version in Gotham knights

i've spent more time playing that than Gotham knights :lol:

Spyhunter was awesome when I was a wean.

Gave Gotham knights I gave a miss until they put out a 60fps mode

5 minutes ago, aird said:

I've got first 2 witcher games on pc. Controls are horrible, puts ne off playing them. Plus, my pc dying doesn't help aswell I suppose :lol:

I haven't played the first one in years but I remember enjoying the controls having to click the left mouse button on time with the sword lighting up. Made you feel like Geralt was a badass (which he obviously is). 

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Bit of a joke that the DLC for Resident Evil Village is like £15+ yet the gold version is £10 cheaper than what people paid at lauch and that includes the new DLC.

Effectively loyal fans paying £25 more.

it did come out a year and a half ago though.