Kenny Miler Again!

North Rd

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its academic. Could not afford him. Whoever is FD will be watching the pennies to the end of the season so unless there are some transfers out for fees (scary thought if that could be some of the better players) then it does not appear to me that he could be afforded even if the Manager was keen to sign him. A deal was not done for Nacho so why would a deal be done for Kenny M. The real story might not be who could be signed in January, but who might need to leave for a transfer fee to put some safety buffer money in the bank. Still to hear from Murray what the line would be on selling players if he and his pals are installed as directors at the AGM but whatever policy they eventually disclose it's hard to see any money being spent on players in Jan.

Would rather sign a player who doesn't age 5 years within a couple of months.

Nah but in all seriousness, this can't happen. As much as I loved Kenny's last spell with us he's too old, would be on a decent wage and is a complete step back on we should be trying to do with our squad.

Also bringing him in would cement the impossibility of young Danny Stoney getting in the team.

I feel pretty ambivalent about Kenny coming back. I don't doubt that he'd do a job for us, especially over the next six months, but he really isn't going to be necessary. I'll trust Ally's judgement, provided the contract isn't any longer than two years (and even that would be pushing it).

Said it the last time he was linked to us, and I'll say it again.

Looking for a big club to play for, while he gets his badges to add it to his CV.

Consummate professional IMO, but don't try and use us as the next stepping stone.

Unless he pays to play.