The one Rangers goal you wish you'd been there to see.

Marky.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovenkrands v Celtic Scottish cup final 2002 what a day

Thats one I was there for,and Butchers against the sheep in 1987.......the one I missed was when Ally feel to his knees,after scoring against them in the cup semi final,I bought the limited edition print,but never made up for not being there

Dont think even garza was daft enough to do that in front of them. That pose was taken from a pre season friendly when I think durranty or fergie stitched him up lol.

Sure the pic is from a friendly at Ibrox against Steaua Bucharest. Have a feeling he did do it when warming up behind the goal in a game against the tarriers at the San Giro?

It was bedlam bud! It was probably over in a few minutes but the celebrations in the enclosure just seemed to go on forever! It really felt like a victory due to the circumstances.

That performance kinda personified the No Surrender spirit that went right thru that team.

Amazing day. :)

I was in enclosure that day,was utter madness when the goal went in,throat hurt for days after that one

It's an odd one this. I have been to Ibrox for so many games against ceptic and several at Hampden but I really don't have a mental record of which games I was at so other than hunting out the programmes & checking which ones I attended I don't actually know which goals I missed.

I can say for certain that I missed every & any goal we scored at porkheid as I have never set foot in the place (There and Pittodrie are the two I have never been to). When I was a lad the supporters bus from Barrhead missed out Aberdeen as it was too far to go in a day.

Great question OP.

Cant think of any I'd trade for one I did see, Tom Forsyth in the 73 cup final. (Was also fortunate enough to see Davie Cooper's wonder goal at Hampden)

The one I feel most cheated about not seeing was the one we should and would have scored in the European Champions League Final of 1993.

Tanner, I was going to say either big Forsyth, or Kai Johannsen, reason being my old man said they were the 2 most important goals Rangers ever scored, even more so than Barcelona 72, but equal only to Colin Steins goal at easter road in 75.So those 3 i wish i had seen in the flesh.

No Surrender

Rab

And the one I look forward to is the one that gives us back the Premier League title.

definitely Edu v the Bheggars. couldn't even see that game on TV as I was playing in a Sunday league game that ended 0-0 :anguish:

What a blur that goal was. Just remember the place erupting and by the time the celebrations calmed down I was at the other end of the Govan. Incredible day.

Would also go for McCoists goal in the Scottish Cup , would of loved to of been there. Robertson sent off for nothing after 9 mins, Pouring down and under the cosh for most of the game, immense atmosphere in the stands. Can remember it was one of the few times Rangers were on live, on normal television down here in England. The players backs to the wall performance is well up there in what playing for Rangers should be all about. The players, managements , fans reaction at the end of the game sums up what a fantastic result it was .