Quintessential British club - in an independent Scotland?

Paul Ignotus

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For wanting independence? or for supporting Rangers whilst wanting independence? Should everyone supporting Rangers have the same political view? I'm not sure why exactly you are calling me that.

I agree with him 100%.

That's not to say I think you're in the least genuine in your postings.

For wanting independence? or for supporting Rangers whilst wanting independence? Should everyone supporting Rangers have the same political view? I'm not sure why exactly you are calling me that.

More in common with the Fenians than the rangers support

we all know our traditions will never die,nor will we submit to taig bastards,but it`s blatantly

obvious what is going on./

The whole issue smells of sister shaggin,Pope worshiping.kiddy fiddling tims

trying to create a new Taig Republic.

Tool up lads.,it`s coming!

I love Rangers but will be voting Yes. Its a very uncomfortable line of discussion for me but I thought I would contribute for the other Rangers fans who will be voting Yes. As for a Rangers post independence? hmm My worry is that Ibrox will become a place I can no longer attend. I hate it that other Rangers fans use the club as their political stance. Afterall , People didn't start supporting Rangers after deciding which way their political loyalty lies, people start as a small child with no clude in which way their politics will go.

What am I supposed to do? I love Ranger

I`m astounded to see a so called Rangers supporter confused by mixed loyalties.

Goodbye we don`t need you.

Holy shit. Blind faith prevails...

You're not concerned that the SNP confidently announced they would be in NATO while ditching all nuclear holdings, then changed their minds (on a non-negotiable policy! :ohmy: ) when told they couldn't?

Some of their lies have been highlighted by saintbob earlier on this page, but that's far from an exhaustive list. What beggars belief is that nobody on the SNP or on the Yes campaign has yet to say "ok, we made a mistake, when we said X we should have said Y." Delusional doesn't begin to cover it, and thankfully it looks like the voting public (including the attempt at "Salmond's Youth") can see through the bullshit and we'll have a United Kingdom after this referendum is done and dusted.

Politicians in change mind shocker ! There is not a major party who has not done similar - and I think you totally miss the point about the referendum. Voting yes ( or no) is not a vote for or against the SNP - it's a vote for independence yes or no and the yes campaign is not a single party platform ( not is the no vote) - yes it was the SNP who, democratically , legitimately have brought this vote to the table, but I very much doubt the SNP will form the government post independence. This vote for me is about which group of people is voted on to look after my interests - successive London based governments have made me feel disenfranchised with their London centric policies and for me this vote gives me a chance to address that .

I love Rangers but will be voting Yes. Its a very uncomfortable line of discussion for me but I thought I would contribute for the other Rangers fans who will be voting Yes. As for a Rangers post independence? hmm My worry is that Ibrox will become a place I can no longer attend. I hate it that other Rangers fans use the club as their political stance. Afterall , People didn't start supporting Rangers after deciding which way their political loyalty lies, people start as a small child with no clude in which way their politics will go.

What am I supposed to do? I love Rangers.

There are quite a lot of Rangers supporter who will vote yes - don't let those posting on this thread put you off your beliefs - Rangers is all about the football - but for some fans they have to have add ons to make supporting Rangers worth while - oh and don't let the bully tactics, name calling and lack of debate put you off RM either - while there are quite a few posters who will debate the issue with you quite sensibly, you will find a few posters just resort to name calling, or accusations that you cant be a Rangers fan or are a taig and other such bully boy tactics - as they don't have the intellectual capacity to think for themselves so they just base their politics and religion on what they think other fans will do.

BP9 - Do you think Salmond has been an asset or a hindrance to the "Yes" campaign ?

An asset - he brought the question to the table after all, but like all polititians he has his faults - but then again I aint voting for Salmond, I am voting for whether I think this country would be better off independent - my view is yes!

Politicians in change mind shocker ! There is not a major party who has not done similar - and I think you totally miss the point about the referendum. Voting yes ( or no) is not a vote for or against the SNP - it's a vote for independence yes or no and the yes campaign is not a single party platform ( not is the no vote) - yes it was the SNP who, democratically , legitimately have brought this vote to the table, but I very much doubt the SNP will form the government post independence. This vote for me is about which group of people is voted on to look after my interests - successive London based governments have made me feel disenfranchised with their London centric policies and for me this vote gives me a chance to address that .

Ooft, I think that's the biggest deflection I've ever seen! :lol:

I didn't say anything about the SNP forming the government after a yes vote, they are clearly leading the yes campaign and putting forward the case for it (you know they're publishing a white paper this month, right?). To suggest their promises and claims about independence shouldn't be scrutinised because they might no form the government is disingenuous at best.

The SNP have consistently lied, made stuff up, and held a 'it'll be ok, we'll tell other governments what we want after Indy and they'll do it' attitude. They 'change their mind' only when caught out in these lies.

I don't want an Edinburgh-centric government. Just you wait until Shetland claims independence and we get all our oil money :)

There are quite a lot of Rangers supporter who will vote yes - don't let those posting on this thread put you off your beliefs - Rangers is all about the football - but for some fans they have to have add ons to make supporting Rangers worth while - oh and don't let the bully tactics, name calling and lack of debate put you off RM either - while there are quite a few posters who will debate the issue with you quite sensibly, you will find a few posters just resort to name calling, or accusations that you cant be a Rangers fan or are a taig and other such bully boy tactics - as they don't have the intellectual capacity to think for themselves so they just base their politics and religion on what they think other fans will do.

I will be voting no.Thats my perogative and i urge all Rangers fans who are against Independence to use their vote.I have to say at no time have i tried to influence anyone to change their vote by bullying or name calling.God help us if the yes vote wins,but it wont.

Ooft, I think that's the biggest deflection I've ever seen! :lol:

I didn't say anything about the SNP forming the government after a yes vote, they are clearly leading the yes campaign and putting forward the case for it (you know they're publishing a white paper this month, right?). To suggest their promises and claims about independence shouldn't be scrutinised because they might no form the government is disingenuous at best.

The SNP have consistently lied, made stuff up, and held a 'it'll be ok, we'll tell other governments what we want after Indy and they'll do it' attitude. They 'change their mind' only when caught out in these lies.

I don't want an Edinburgh-centric government. Just you wait until Shetland claims independence and we get all our oil money :)

Politicians change their mind all the time - I am not sure I would call that lying - more reacting to events (although some politicians have and do lie!)

No one has all the answers for the future - to want all the answers before anything happens means nothing would ever change, but I see independence as a change in direction for this country, one that opens up new opportunities for us to do things different from the rest of the UK - we wont get everything right but for me we will have more control.

As for the Shetland question I am all for devolved power - I think there are some decisions that are local, some geographic, and some more national. and there needs to be different bodies to deal with those different, yet collective interests - and the 'system' needs to change to accommodate that. There is a gravity pull of resource, money and decision making towards London (and indeed Brussels) that I think marginalises Scotland that (to an extent) is addressed by independence. I am all for the common market, but less enamoured by a federal states of Europe, and while I expect Scotland to stay in the EEC post independence we would at least fighting our own corner within that system.

I will be voting no.Thats my perogative and i urge all Rangers fans who are against Independence to use their vote.I have to say at no time have i tried to influence anyone to change their vote by bullying or name calling.God help us if the yes vote wins,but it wont.

It is EVERYONES democratic right to vote as they see fit. It is also your right to try to sway folk in that direction, in the same way that I have a right to vote YES and try to sway folk in that direction - that is the debate that will and should be going on in the country about the yes/no vote.

As for the name calling and bullying I have not accused you of doing so, but a quick flick through some of the posts in this thread you will see a few posters who have resorted to those tactics - 'You won't be welcome back at Ibrox.', 'More in common with the Fenians than the rangers support'; 'scumbag', 'cunt', ...and 'you're a COCK' are all comments from a single page on this thread - I have also had the vaguely threatening comment about 'educating me' but that might just be that the poster wants a robust debate on the issues and thinks he (or she) will sway me.

Politicians change their mind all the time - I am not sure I would call that lying - more reacting to events (although some politicians have and do lie!)

No one has all the answers for the future - to want all the answers before anything happens means nothing would ever change, but I see independence as a change in direction for this country, one that opens up new opportunities for us to do things different from the rest of the UK - we wont get everything right but for me we will have more control.

As for the Shetland question I am all for devolved power - I think there are some decisions that are local, some geographic, and some more national. and there needs to be different bodies to deal with those different, yet collective interests - and the 'system' needs to change to accommodate that. There is a gravity pull of resource, money and decision making towards London (and indeed Brussels) that I think marginalises Scotland that (to an extent) is addressed by independence. I am all for the common market, but less enamoured by a federal states of Europe, and while I expect Scotland to stay in the EEC post independence we would at least fighting our own corner within that system.

That's a long winded way of saying not very much. You're not in favour of devolved power unless it suits you - what if Shetland decides it wants independence from Scotland? Would you be in favour of that self-determination?

you are mainly wrong about your fanbase thoughts. You go to the games?

No I don't go to games, I live in Australia.

That is what I was talking about Worldwide fanbase, Australia,NZ, Canada, USA etc.

Most of whom have a scottish connection but couldn't care less about the political situation in the UK.

The vitriol that this post has displayed, Rangers fan against Rangers fan is nothing short of disgusting.

If Scotland votes for independence it will be because a majority of the nation voted for it or should say a majority of those that could be bothered to get off their lazy arses and vote.

Rangers is a scottish football club whose early founders were protestants and supported the union. Also among them were members of the Masonic and Orange lodges. Which was fine but it does not follow that because of what went on in the past must be the standard now.

Therefore just because you support independence or don't give two tuppeny fucks about religion, doesn't mean you're not a Rangers supporter.

That's a long winded way of saying not very much. You're not in favour of devolved power unless it suits you - what if Shetland decides it wants independence from Scotland? Would you be in favour of that self-determination?

I think I said I was in fully favour of devolved power! The more local the decision making the better.

In fact EVEN if Scotland does not get full independence we all know westminster will 'grant' more powers to the Scottish parliament (and I know there are quite a few who will vote no to full independence - who agree with doing this).