UEFA opening disciplinary proceedings against Celtic for last nights banner

1st_Jan_1994

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the BBC website

These little rats never learn. All they have been doing recently is hanging themselfs. Keep the lengths of rope coming.

love a bit of tim on tim boxing

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130306110061/video-game-championship-wrestling/images/9/94/Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

I agree with a lot of what they say too, but the irony is not lost on me that it was the constant mock offence from them against our songs that got this law put in place in the fucking first place.

They are reaping what they sew.

Its lovely hypocrisy. They don't want our songs which "offends" them, they just want their own songs which will/can offend thousands of Protestants or anyone effected by PIRA terrorism. Using Bobby Sands is them promoting PIRA terrorism.

"Using Bobby Sands is them promoting PIRA terrorism."

I thought it was to inform the cantine staff they had run out of sandwiches.

Fucking idiots. Like I have said before, if a similar banner was at Ibrox, the uproar would be incredible. They would never shut the fuck up about it. UEFA should punish them heavily and they should ban the group who set it up. Do they seriously think they are going to be allowed to promote terrorism on Scottish soil?

Its lovely hypocrisy. They don't want our songs which "offends" them, they just want their own songs which will/can offend thousands of Protestants or anyone effected by PIRA terrorism. Using Bobby Sands is them promoting PIRA terrorism.

This is the crux of the matter. They continuously babble about an "anti-Irish" and "anti-catholic" agenda in Scotland and believe it somehow excuses their clear promotion/ support for a banned terrorist organisation. In truth, there are no anti-anything agendas in this country - just political correctness gone mad. They think themselves as victims of something that quite plainly does not exist - and the club encourages it to try get bums on seats (quite literally). I still believe that Liewell would have said nothing at all if UEFA ignored the banner.

The Goon Brigade have said their piece - let's see if Liewell has the balls to do the right thing.

This is the crux of the matter. They continuously babble about an "anti-Irish" and "anti-catholic" agenda in Scotland and believe it somehow excuses their clear promotion/ support for a banned terrorist organisation. In truth, there are no anti-anything agendas in this country - just political correctness gone mad. They think themselves as victims of something that quite plainly does not exist - and the club encourages it to try get bums on seats (quite literally). I still believe that Liewell would have said nothing at all if UEFA ignored the banner.

The Goon Brigade have said their piece - let's see if Liewell has the balls to do the right thing.

Good post

The Scottish authorities have only reacted due to Uefa which is a damming indictment on them.

From the bbc, an extract from the queer brigade's communique;

"However, in a statement, THE QUEER BRIGADE criticised the Scottish Government for legislation that, it argues, deems "expressions of Irish identity, culture and politics" illegal.

"Given that it is Celtic fans who are filling up prison cells and court rooms because of the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act, and the manner in which it criminalises legitimate expression of political opinion, this display could not have been more relevant in the current context," the statement added."

If they are that fucking irish, why do they not apply to the irish League, fuck off over there, and do us all an almighty FAVOUR.