Everyone back for corners causes unnecessary pressure...

Dietspam

Not everyone is marked though, they don't have 10 men up for the corner. Their guys are hanging outside the box and when we clear it, it falls to them and the pressure is still on. Forfar was a prime example. We cleared the ball to their team, and he put it in the top corner.

I would have both wingers and Nicky Clark out for a start. Someone to clear it to and run with it. Hit the opposition on the counter. The ball fell to clark from a corner and he bolted away. He had to be brought down and it should have been a yellow but the ref was a bit wank today.

I totally agree especially about the unmarked opponents outside the box waiting for a clearance or a cut back,for me this has been a problem for years. Leaving one man at the centre takes away at least 2 opponents which would give us an advantage defending corners.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.

He clearly has everyone picking up a marker, with two on the line. They've two back.

Eight are marking eight.

How would you change it and who doesn't get marked?

Its basic logic, if Rangers put two men up the park then the opposition will have at least two possibly 3.

Years ago Italy were playing England, they were leading 1-0 and England put them under immense late pressure with plenty of corners, Dino Zoff the wily old fox took a midfielder off and put Fabrizio Ravanelli on and pushed him right up when they were defending the late corners, he knew that Ravanelli was such a goal threat that England woukd drop a couple of players back to cover him, with Del Piero also pushed up it forced England to drop more players back, with that it gave Italy a higher % of chance to win the ball and also gave them an outball too.

If we get into trouble with this tactic in the higher leagues, and Ally does not chage it, then ill have a moan.

While we are winning 20 games in the bounce, and losing one goal a month on average, ill stick to " ally knows best"

If we get into trouble with this tactic in the higher leagues, and Ally does not chage it, then ill have a moan.

While we are winning 20 games in the bounce, and losing one goal a month on average, ill stick to " ally knows best"

I doubt some actually read the thread.

Read OP...Post shite.

Simples.

Example above.

It is a ridiculous stategy to have no out ball at corners,when clearing the ball there is only one outcome,it will come straight back at you.

Ridiculous?

Do you have a Uefa Pro 'A' license like Ally McCoist?

Have you led a professional football team to twenty wins in a row?

The answer's no to both. (tu)

So moan when we get beat.

Some of you...seriously....moaning bastards.

Ridiculous?

Do you have a Uefa Pro 'A' license like Ally McCoist?

Have you led a professional football team to twenty wins in a row?

The answer's no to both. (tu)

So moan when we get beat.

Some of you...seriously....moaning bastards.

What the fck you on about,i have backed Ally from day one, but disagree with the management on this one,you angry bird.....

What the fck you on about,i have backed Ally from day one, but disagree with the management on this one,you angry bird.....

As I said....he's better qualified than some dude on a forum...yeah?

He's won twenty in a row.

You wanna tell him he's wrong?

You should be a manager then.

Some just want an excuse to moan.

does not look that way.

Read op - post shite.

Example above.

You quoted my post so i was the example above.

Jeez gogzy.

The thread's been going a while...our views are similar.

You made a point...the same as mine. We agree on this and always have done.

I was telling the other to read the OP.

Look above applies to the post above...not the post I'm quoting. That's standard forum stuff.

Chill dude, you've got this wrong.

No need to have a pop.

Lol its standatd forum practise to believe that if someone quotes you, they are speaking to you.

Fair enough if you didnt mean it that way, but that is the way it looked to me.

Above refers the post quoted before....otherwise I'd just be saying the EXACT opposite of all I'd done before.

I dunno, I just thought the thread and interaction mean we were coming from the same place.

Guess that wasn't clear.

I'm a well-known McCoist loyalist.

No idea why you'd think I'd do a total reverse opinion on a thread...

Thanks for thinking I talk shite though lol. (tu)