Tactics or lack thereof

thehost

I have long bemoaned the 11 men in a box at corner routine.

Last night the 40k manger asked his corner taker to roll the ball to an attacker around 22 yards out, allowing a free shot at goal.

15 minutes later the same tactic was used, again the player was allowed, unfettered, to strike the ball at the goal.

Should our 1.2mill management team not have reacted after the first attempt or should this be down to the captain to organise?

If I, who has never played professional football, can see this why can't our professional gurus?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes winning away from home 4-0 against the second best team in the league is terrible. Just not good enough for those with their agendas. We won a game of football which is what The Rangers do.

So...... any comment on the OPs question re - the corner tactic?

Have you an "Ally can do no wrong" agenda?

I also think we should have at least one outside the box for quick counters but I did like the way he changed with putting Faure as a holding mid, with foster on right then allowing for Lewis and Aird to support Daly on the flanks, scored another two after that, good tactics and subs, so some he gets right, some he could do better, good victory none the less :thumbup:

So...... any comment on the OPs question re - the corner tactic?

Have you an "Ally can do no wrong" agenda?

Why does the op need to bring up what the management team gets in a subject about tactics.. Pathetic it really is.. If U were a player and someone offered you 40k would U say no I'll take. 20k. I don't think so

Anyway back to the topic it never cost us a goal.. If its no broke don't fix it

It'll take years for Super to break away from Watties tactics, but he'll need to learn how to do it fast because next season will be a different ball game where The Rangers haters in every team will be giving it kamikaze tactics to prevent us getting promotion to the top flight !

Havent noticed anyone taking a short corner of late but our tactic at defending that is/was to send the man defending the post running out to the opposition player with the ball. A quick cross to the near post presented an open goal.

Also if Bell manages to catch the ball our entire team is in no hurry to get out of the box.

You just cant beat putting yourself under pressure.

It'll take years for Super to break away from Watties tactics, but he'll need to learn how to do it fast because next season will be a different ball game where The Rangers haters in every team will be giving it kamikaze tactics to prevent us getting promotion to the top flight !

Too fucking true BD

Out of interest, and cos I'm too lazy to check myself, how many of the ten goals we've conceded this season in all competitions come direct from corners where we have everyone back? Anyone know?

This is just off the top of my head from looking at the fixtures on BBC but I don't think we've conceded a single goal from a corner.

On the flip side though, having no one up the park just gives the opposing team a chance to get the ball back in, which could still result in a goal (don't think that's happened either though but anyway! :lol:)

It's quite pathetic and needs ditched immediately.

We should deploy at least one attacking player up front as last night we where caught out Twice as you say.

A player like JD outside our box waiting for the loose balls is ideal.

His hold up play is exceptional and would be a great attacking asset for us.

Against much better Technical opposition they would score for fun against that tactic.

Its useless as we play with 3 tall CH and a Tank of a Left Back.

It's quite pathetic and needs ditched immediately.

We should deploy at least one attacking player up front as last night we where caught out Twice as you say.

A player like JD outside our box waiting for the loose balls is ideal.

His hold up play is exceptional and would be a great attacking asset for us.

Against much better Technical opposition they would score for fun against that tactic.

Its useless as we play with 3 tall CH and a Tank of a Left Back.

I would leave a fast player like Aird up

The opposition would need to deploy 2 to mark him

Is the host actually the goat with all these multiple anti Ally threads - goat has stopped going them and the host has started????????????

Oh and just to be argumentative - 11 back at a corner is a tactic - not a lack of tactics - it's just one a few posters disagree with - but it's a long time since we lost a goal from an opposition corner and it's a tactic I see many EPL managers employ - but any excuse fore an anti Ally thread from this opening poster

There was certainly more thought put into the free kicks tonight,the one where Jig peeled off and done a blind side run,and one where Clark ran across the line.Come to think of it Rangers played some terrific stuff tonight and everyone seemed to be in tandem.So credit where credit is due......but please stop putting EVERYONE in the box defending corners,because there is simply NO OUT BALL......