Tactics or lack thereof

thehost

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does the op need to bring up what the management team gets in a subject about tactics.. Pathetic it really is.. If U were a player and someone offered you 40k would U say no I'll take. 20k. I don't think so

Anyway back to the topic it never cost us a goal.. If its no broke don't fix it

Eh?

Unless the goalie has eyes in the back of his heid he wasn't interfering with his line of vision. (tu)

Its not just about line of vision though. The goalie knew he was there. He would be watching him out of the side of his eyes mindful of the position he has taken and therefore its offside.

Not withstanding that though, if he is not trying to gain an advantage or put off the keeper in some manner, what justifiable reason is there for what he done ?

Its not just about line of vision though. The goalie knew he was there. He would be watching him out of the side of his eyes mindful of the position he has taken and therefore its offside.

Not withstanding that though, if he is not trying to gain an advantage or put off the keeper in some manner, what justifiable reason is there for what he done ?

As previously stated it is not an offence to be offside, the explanation as to a direct save in the amended law is self explanatory,.. as to the advantages of such

a tactic Alistair would be the one to explain that, personally I don't see any.

Is the host actually the goat with all these multiple anti Ally threads - goat has stopped going them and the host has started????????????

Oh and just to be argumentative - 11 back at a corner is a tactic - not a lack of tactics - it's just one a few posters disagree with - but it's a long time since we lost a goal from an opposition corner and it's a tactic I see many EPL managers employ - but any excuse fore an anti Ally thread from this opening poster

Can you read.

I was not discussing the 11 men back.

I was pointing out that our opponents simply played a ball that allowed a runner a free shot from 20 yards, they then allowed them to do the self same thing a few minutes later indicating that no one was looking to change tactical outlook despite obvious danger.

Still you bang on about ally hating etc.

I dread to think about your attention to detail, in everyday life!

Well as much as I hate that tactic the stats dont lie. 8 conceded. Wether or not better teams can still do us at corners remains to be seen. Walter used it through the last 3 in a row and every year we had the best defensive record if memory serves me right. God awful tactic on the eye but its proven that its successful

Exactly my point.

No matter what system a manager employs, if it is not carried out properly by the players on the pitch, there is scope for criticism, whether justified or not.

Of course there is scope for criticism, every fan thinks they know better.

But no manager would ever leave 1 defender to mark 3 attackers.

As I said most teams will still leave 2 at the back even when there are no attackers.

As previously stated it is not an offence to be offside, the explanation as to a direct save in the amended law is self explanatory,.. as to the advantages of such

a tactic Alistair would be the one to explain that, personally I don't see any.

Im not sure if we are agreeing or disagreeing here but for the benefit of any doubt, if he does it again and whilst running round behind the keeper, we score a goal, i would be willing to bet the referee will give offside. If he gets away with it once though, then there will be a complaint from the opposing side, quite rightly, then it will be made clear that any future goals will not be given.

(tu)

Yes winning away from home 4-0 against the second best team in the league is terrible. Just not good enough for those with their agendas. We won a game of football which is what The Rangers do.

You are missing a very valid point though. The OP is correct to point out tactical weakness on our part and it is habitual. At Dunfermline corners we had nobody further out than our penalty spot. Nobody up the park for a breakaway and nobody on the edge of D to prevent the opposition getting a free shot at goal.

You are missing a very valid point though. The OP is correct to point out tactical weakness on our part and it is habitual. At Dunfermline corners we had nobody further out than our penalty spot. Nobody up the park for a breakaway and nobody on the edge of D to prevent the opposition getting a free shot at goal.

No I am not. We won four nil. No goals against. Tactics are therefore valid. The op is just desperate to attack McCoist and using an unattractive tactic as his rage point. We won handsomely away from home and played well.

No I am not. We won four nil. No goals against. Tactics are therefore valid. The op is just desperate to attack McCoist and using an unattractive tactic as his rage point. We won handsomely away from home and played well.

Why don't you read the op, digest the point being made and comment. It was not directly addressing the 11 men back at a corner.

Then again addressing the point would be difficult.

Im not sure if we are agreeing or disagreeing here but for the benefit of any doubt, if he does it again and whilst running round behind the keeper, we score a goal, i would be willing to bet the referee will give offside. If he gets away with it once though, then there will be a complaint from the opposing side, quite rightly, then it will be made clear that any future goals will not be given.

(tu)

If the ref interprets it correctly he wouldn't be offside as long as he doesn't touch a ball from his own player or a save from the keeper, which would be deemed gaining an advantage, however not every ref adheres to the letter of the law, Howard Webb has made some of the most baffling decisions ever seen when straight reds should have been produced and would have been produced by even amateur refs, the laws are at the mercy of refs unless they are called to account for blatant incompetence.

But they wouldnt have a numerical advantage. It would be 8 v 8. (tu)

i would spread four across the six yard box,3 between the penalty spot/18 yard line leaving three to float outside the box .or make it four x four leaving two outside the box any way it should stop the ball coming straight back at you ????