Tactics or lack thereof

thehost

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It pisses me off too but McCoist has explained why he does it so there's no choice but to accept it. Can't remember us shipping many goals from corners since it happened or scoring a barrel load on the counter before it did.

I have long bemoaned the 11 men in a box at corner routine.

Last night the 40k manger asked his corner taker to roll the ball to an attacker around 22 yards out, allowing a free shot at goal.

15 minutes later the same tactic was used, again the player was allowed, unfettered, to strike the ball at the goal.

Should our 1.2mill management team not have reacted after the first attempt or should this be down to the captain to organise?

If I, who has never played professional football, can see this why can't our professional gurus?

I'm glad you picked that up Host, but we also have a big centre back, who although he can defend, spends a lot of time trying to play mid field or centre forward. Now there will be moments in a game when he can push on, but he tends to forget about his defensive duties, and gets caught out. Mr McCoist , or Mr McDowall, should have a word. In this division he's getting away with it, but that will not always be the case.

I'm glad you picked that up Host, but we also have a big centre back, who although he can defend, spends a lot of time trying to play mid field or centre forward. Now there will be moments in a game when he can push on, but he tends to forget about his defensive duties, and gets caught out. Mr McCoist , or Mr McDowall, should have a word. In this division he's getting away with it, but that will not always be the case.

He's just a shite Pocahontas.

Aye, how very dare Mohsni endeavour to entertain the Rangers supporters! Raging!!!!!!!

Last night the 40k manger asked his corner taker to roll the ball to an attacker around 22 yards out, allowing a free shot at goal.

15 minutes later the same tactic was used, again the player was allowed, unfettered, to strike the ball at the goal.

Should our 1.2mill management team not have reacted after the first attempt or should this be down to the captain to organise?

If I, who has never played professional football, can see this why can't our professional gurus?

ally has made some mistakes at times, but the level of criticism at times has been unacceptable. We have won every league game apart from drawing one, this campaign. I think we are playing good football at times and against dunfermline the other night,won easily with a good performance.ally has still kept a happy dressing room also despite all the shit that surrounds the current board.give the man a fucking break, he has done what he said he would, and we are on our way back to the top.and before anyone starts going on about players and wages.the difference is, teams like Stranraer r staying in lower leagues,so joiners and plumbers r good enough.we on the other hand r building for the top league and Europe.

The words of the great man for me sum it all up.

'Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.'

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better.

better to have 11 goal keepers rather than1, lol,it makes it a lot harder to score through a pile of players.the opposition team r then forced to hit from outside box.then if opposition have two or three players in box when ball comes in.Rangers players can mark them 3on1 simple.question answered.

No I am not. We won four nil. No goals against. Tactics are therefore valid. The op is just desperate to attack McCoist and using an unattractive tactic as his rage point. We won handsomely away from home and played well.

spot on mate4-0.they didnt score, so the tactics worked.that is what matters.and McCoist still gets slated

ally has made some mistakes at times, but the level of criticism at times has been unacceptable. We have won every league game apart from drawing one, this campaign. I think we are playing good football at times and against dunfermline the other night,won easily with a good performance.ally has still kept a happy dressing room also despite all the shit that surrounds the current board.give the man a fucking break, he has done what he said he would, and we are on our way back to the top.and before anyone starts going on about players and wages.the difference is, teams like Stranraer r staying in lower leagues,so joiners and plumbers r good enough.we on the other hand r building for the top league and Europe.

Spot on.

The words of the great man for me sum it all up.

'Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.'

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better.

Just to show I appreciate your good posts BB...

Agreed!

What was the team that thehost coached so successfully? Barca? Inter? Bayern? Let us know host so that we can compare your results with Ally's.

Or how about we compare the teams that are chasing down ally the manager.

Oh, that's right there are none.

There will be none, in the future, when he gets moved on, either.

As to your original, banal in the fucking extreme, question can you list for me, your areas of expertise, so I can readily discount your opinion on anything outwith. This will probably limit you to discussing chips stuck between your teeth and the like.

Just to show I appreciate your good posts BB...

Agreed!

Naturally happy with the points tonight, but I think the great man's quotes and what we saw in the second half goes a long way to dispelling the myth that rocket science is involved in alleged tactics. (tu)