Rooneys new deal worth £65 million pound in wages at Man U

AlCapone

They're in a difficult position.

Sell him, obviously for less now than the £25m they rejected from Chelsea in the summer, and they'll lose one of their very few quality players, and have to spend £40M+ to replace him. With a player who'll want £150k+pw anyway.

Don't sell him, and don't improve his contract, and he can sign a pre-contract with another club in 12 months times.

Tie him up in a new contract tho, and it's one less player to source. And as he's already on £250kpw it's only going to effect their bottom line to the tune of £50kpw, albeit for an extra 2years. That also then gives them the option to sell him, if they chose to, on terms that suit them (ie, for a fee!)

It's their only viable option IMO.

They're in a difficult position.

Sell him, obviously for less now than the £25m they rejected from Chelsea in the summer, and they'll lose one of their very few quality players, and have to spend £40M+ to replace him. With a player who'll want £150k+pw anyway.

Don't sell him, and don't improve his contract, and he can sign a pre-contract with another club in 12 months times.

Tie him up in a new contract tho, and it's one less player to source. And as he's already on £250kpw it's only going to effect their bottom line to the tune of £50kpw, albeit for an extra 2years. That also then gives them the option to sell him, if they chose to, on terms that suit them (ie, for a fee!)

It's their only viable option IMO.

100% agree, been wondering how they would handle this one. The biggest risk is he has a tendency to put on the pound and the time it takes him to get up to speed after injuries. He's the type of player I can see who loses his pace quickly in a short time. Could be a lot of money for someone who suddenly stops delivering.

I knew fitba was broken when I found out O'Shea was on 40 grand a week in his time at Utd, we had better defenders than him at that time and he was on the same as two of our top stars. It's getting sick and I hope the whole thing implodes to be honest.