A positive outlook

legalbeagle

There are a lot of fixed and extreme views on here, a whole lot of causes for them, and I am sure some see me as a bit of a fundamentalist at times. Nonetheless, we are now into February and starting to look beyond the dark days of winter that have been pretty grim for everyone. We have pulled out a whole bunch of awful performances and also our first dropped points of the league season. There have been worries about pay cuts or even he possible loss of our best player. But....

We should be out of it now, we have made it through the transfer window unscathed, and must trust our CEO that nothing bad is just around the corner for us.

In the upcoming weeks and months we have the chance to push forward with real purpose, a league is there to be won with over 100 points looking like a good target for us, claiming our first cup since the rise begun is also coming soon and we have a real chance of pushing on in the Scottish Cup. If our players can again show the hunger of earlier in the season then we could have high hopes of progressing, which will also help with some extra funds, which we could really do with.

The players, staff and fans should treat this as an exciting stage of the season and with us all pulling together, who knows.

There are plenty of negative things going on at the moment and I am not blind to them at all, but we need to try to get on the positive front foot and show everyone in Scottish football what we are made of again.

Agreed with all of that mate, but it will not sit well with the moaning gits on here. As fans we have had the opportunity to show we are the most loyal fans in the world backing our team no matter what, and ready to take on all comers as we climb back to our rightful place at the top of Scottish football, BUT no we have the moaners last year that were bitching about the inconsistency of the kids the same ones that are now bitching about the playing of older players that we cobbled together with mainly Bosmans. If memory serves the only player we have bought since restructuring has been Templeton. This all surrounding attacks on board members, The next sign I want to see at Ibrox is RST, Assembly, SoS and Blazer chasers OUT.

I thought that, once we've won the league, it would give us a chance to field a lot more youngsters, see how they're progressing etc.

It would be a fantastic opportunity for them, maybe even letting them play in their favoured position, allowing Lewis MacLeod to be the midfield general?

I thought that, once we've won the league, it would give us a chance to field a lot more youngsters, see how they're progressing etc.

It would be a fantastic opportunity for them, maybe even letting them play in their favoured position, allowing Lewis MacLeod to be the midfield general?

Mcleod certainly has the ability to command the midfield but not sure ally will let it happen

Great post. The problem is, that for every positive view there appears to be a negative, and as every maths student knows a positive and a negative makes a negative.

Essentially, it is easier to carp and snipe from the sidelines than be positive.

Good OP but I for one would be more convinced and more positive if the standard of football on offer was improving.

The current philosophy seems to be win the league and hopefully next season the championship. Forget about building a team, forget about developing a playing system and forget about youth. Once we are back on top we can BUY a new squad.

Seems the lessons have yet to be learned.