Latest from VB: Dingwall, Hacking and The RST

Virtuoso

I believe that the reason we have so many Rangers supporters groups is down to Dingwall & his cronies. If Dingwall wasn't anything to do with the RST, then maybe it could've been a great organisation to be a proud member of. I am/was a member, but have not paid my subs since 2012, as I don't want any of my money resting in Dingwalls, or anyone else, bank account.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the need for so many "fans" groups, most with an agenda polar opposite to the next one, that does not make for harmony, social media allied with greed looks to me to be a recipe for disaster, a high % of fans are just that, supporters of our club with no or little time for the self centred cliques.

Let's not forget, when this story first broke, MD appeared on FF and tried hard to blame VB and Jack Irvine for spreading malicious lies. Nice try!

VB has every right to publish this account of a very bitter, damaging public fight between recently departed RST board members and the Rangers support has every right to know all about it.

Taking away the personalities involved this is the ultimate culmination of years of failure to ensure a representative cross-section, of our support, sit upon the board. The biggest lesson, to be learned, is that never again should a small clique be allowed to ride roughshod over supporters groups.

The newly talked about supporters group will only work if it is seen to be open to all and entirely transparent.

Rangers it's over to you.

Roll up, roll up!! Join the queue to put the boot into fellow Bears. VB doing what they do best - character assassination of our own!

What a fuckin' shambles we are.

Normally I would agree with you that such posts do little to help matters.

But given these allegations appeared on the public forum of FF itself puts a totally different slant on it imo.

Dont you think the RST members themselves deserve to be kept informed as to what is happening within their organisation rather than reading a tit for tat slagging match, with serious allegations of criminality, on a public forum ?

How many RST board member have resigned over this latest alleged incident? If what that article says is true, 8 board members have previously resigned due to the actions of one man, plus the current resignations.

I'm an ex-member who wouldn't have known Mark Dingwall if I met him in the street when I was a member, so you could say it's none of my business. However, I find it incredible that any organisation would see so many resignations over the actions of one man and carry on regardless.

It's ludicrous if no statement from the RST to their members has been issued about this.

How many RST board member have resigned over this latest alleged incident? If what that article says is true, 8 board members have previously resigned due to the actions of one man, plus the current resignations.

I'm an ex-member who wouldn't have known Mark Dingwall if I met him in the street when I was a member, so you could say it's none of my business. However, I find it incredible that any organisation would see so many resignations over the actions of one man and carry on regardless.

It's ludicrous if no statement from the RST to their members has been issued about this.

According to the RST's Christine Somerville, normal practise is for the RST to advise their members of new appointments and departures from the board at the AGM only.

If ever a well-intentioned organisation lost its way completely, it's the RST. What a self-deluded mess it's become. And Graham Wallace sought the counsel of these people?

Oh dear.

According to the RST's Christine Somerville, normal practise is for the RST to advise their members of new appointments and departures from the board at the AGM only.

If ever a well-intentioned organisation lost its way completely, it's the RST. What a self-deluded mess it's become. And Graham Wallace sought the counsel of these people?

Oh dear.

Does a mass resignation of board members amid allegations of illegality count as 'normal practice?' I suppose it maybe does at the RST...

I cannot and will not take the RST seriously until they allow proper debate on their forum. Banning folk for fuck all. Now this! It is an organisation that has chased away potential owners with protests.

Shocking and MD is disgrace.

Like i said VB seem to take great joy in attacking fellow Bears whilst at the same time pretending to "defend our traditions".

They do not know the first thing about "defending our traditions".

Rule Number One - Do not betray or turn on your own!!!!!!

Poisonous little ultra clique that does Rangers FC far more harm than good.

Aye remember that one line there Mark, Do not betray or turn on your own.

Anyone form outside can smell how rank this organisation is and any member of it really needs to question the involvement and contribution this person had to the organisaton as a whole. Still, i am sure your happy with the ongoing investigation that has more twists to it than a slinky.

As far as the VB highlighting this issue, I am not one who is going to castigate them for shinning a torch onto some very dark moments in anothers trusts history, all in the name of transparency and accountability of course.

Like i said VB seem to take great joy in attacking fellow Bears whilst at the same time pretending to "defend our traditions".

Somewhat ironic statement for a guy who in a previous post came away with the comment.....

character assassination of our own!

What is particularly noticeable is your willingness to attack the messenger, rather than the message itself.

Me- I can't stand MD - more for his 'speaking on my behalf' but this article caries many allegations and little proof. The allegations are serious, I Woolf suggest serious enough to warrant reporting to the police and getting to the bottom of this.

MD is certainly a divisive character and the RST which should be our 'vanguard' carry a reputation, warranted or not, that makes them ineffectual as an organisation, as a group they should disband, hand the cash over to a new group ( to be decided) and we can all move on ! But I suspect this will just drag on.

Normally I would agree with you that such posts do little to help matters.

But given these allegations appeared on the public forum of FF itself puts a totally different slant on it imo.

Dont you think the RST members themselves deserve to be kept informed as to what is happening within their organisation rather than reading a tit for tat slagging match, with serious allegations of criminality, on a public forum ?

maybe its the only way RST members are actually finding out what is happening, the board apparently dont tell the members what is going on !!

I cannot and will not take the RST seriously until they allow proper debate on their forum. Banning folk for fuck all. Now this! It is an organisation that has chased away potential owners with protests.

Shocking and MD is disgrace.

as one who was abused on the FF Forum by fellow "bears" , I was the one chucked out and not even a reply to my appeal !!!

Me- I can't stand MD - more for his 'speaking on my behalf' but this article caries many allegations and little proof. The allegations are serious, I Woolf suggest serious enough to warrant reporting to the police and getting to the bottom of this.

MD is certainly a divisive character and the RST which should be our 'vanguard' carry a reputation, warranted or not, that makes them ineffectual as an organisation, as a group they should disband, hand the cash over to a new group ( to be decided) and we can all move on ! But I suspect this will just drag on.

You can't stand VB more though eh. VB didn't make he allegations, they were made by those involved and picked up in this article to raise awareness that all is not well with a group begging for money every other week.

Just like the taigs look after their own when it came to kiddie fiddling. Condone that too eh?

It is with the greatest sadness that I have to agree.

I blame SDM for all this shit,he managed to Marginalise our Fan base whilst throwing Cash around to make them all Happy.

Meanwhile he was Running us in to the Ground .Then he threw us to the Wolves ,this is why I never bought in to his Vision.

Just a thought but a lot of people use the same passwords. Is it possible that he had a note of their email addresses plus somehow had access to what passwords they use for FF and then used that info?

Hypothetical of course. (tu)

I don't think admin on forums can see what the current password is. Older style forums the password in admin control panel would be covered by stars, and on newer forums it would usually show the 1st and last letter/number with stars inbetween. Although the Follow Follow website is that old that it could be different.

As many know i am a member of VB and there should have been no need for this article or others like it.

We asked questions of Mr Dingwall and the RST concerning the allegations in the article (and others).

They refused point blank to respond to us. Our members (some who are also members of the RST) tried to get answers but again none were forthcoming.

Yes it's a shame such an article had to be written but how else were they to get answers regarding these rumours and allegations?

I don't think admin on forums can see what the current password is. Older style forums the password in admin control panel would be covered by stars, and on newer forums it would usually show the 1st and last letter/number with stars inbetween. Although the Follow Follow website is that old that it could be different.

It would also depend on what encryption was being used, as older protocols are easier to attack and a progtam can easily be downloaded to try a brute force attack where it just continuously tries different ones.

Got to say that neither the RST, FF, VB, BO or any other acronym represents me, speaks for me, acts on my behalf. I support Rangers end of. I don't have to vote a particular way, worship a particular way or think a particular way because I support Rangers.