How Long....

The Godfather

Not sure if you are aware of this, but the Managers role is vital in how teams get on in the League.

I am therefore surprised it took to the 3rd reply. What were the other 2 thinking about ? :ph34r:

OK (I agree it was inevitiable) and on that basis - I believe we have the right manager and he needs the boards backing with as much cash as they can muster without jepordising the longevity of the club AND (the harder one) the patience of the fans as a first year top league win is unlikely (although not impossible) and in that backing of the manager I include a decent scouting network to supplement Ally's own contacts.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our managers short sighted ness and limited ability has made it even harder. We will be losing half a team by the time we get back albeit most of them shit. The long drawn process of replacing half the squad on a limited budget our first season back will be unbearable. Without investment we will never be challenging again and will become part of the chasing pack like we were in the 80's. The situation really is that bad I'm afraid.

Have Barca and Bayern moved to Aberdeen and Dundee without my knowledge?

No. That would put us even further from the top.

I reckon we would lose just now against several spfl teams. And I don't see our squad improving whilst finances are so tight.

I also see the mhanks spending significantly on our return and put more pressure on us.

I also can't see Ally outfox the likes of McInnes, McCall or Butcher.

Can't personally see the logic in some saying we'll seriously compete very soon as if that's the case given we've got some divine right to do so. Cos its the Rangers way.

I foresee big things come from the GW review. But at a painful cost in terms of our competitiveness for a good few years.

Our managers short sighted ness and limited ability has made it even harder. We will be losing half a team by the time we get back albeit most of them shit. The long drawn process of replacing half the squad on a limited budget our first season back will be unbearable. Without investment we will never be challenging again and will become part of the chasing pack like we were in the 80's. The situation really is that bad I'm afraid.

Yes. Yes it is.

..Not read all of this thread but heres my thoughts on it....The people that bought the majority of our shares bought them for one reason and one reason only..to make money!...and how do you make money in the Scottish game?..obviously playing in the champions league on a regular basis and or buying potential talent cheap and selling them on at vastly more than you paid...to achieve this you need to invest (speculate to accumulate) as they say...so I,d expect another share issue probably next season sometime and a proper working scouting network to make sure we are getting the right sort of talent for the money we are going to be spending...and spend we must but with a proper wage cap in place. As for our management team that's up for debate and even although I,m a big fan of Super and his management team if he slips up next season or fails to make an impact in the first season back in the top tier I would expect him to move upstairs safe in the knowledge his status as a Rangers legend will always remain...

Having said all that there is always the unknown...whos to say torbett swifts will even still be in the top tier at the end of next season apparently they are now owned by the cooperative bank who appear to be in big trouble...add to that possible state aid to the tune of £30million plus...lol..having said all of that I,d expect us to be back where we belong by season two in the top league...CHAMPIONEES!

2 years is a long time - We have to get our house in order but will no doubt shoot ourselves in the foot somewhere down the line - we appear to have developed a particular skill in that department of late.

I also think we have to be aware that cellic dont want us in that league challenging and as such I can see more obsticles being put in our way. It may be something simple as getting their media friends spreading more FUD about us to try and prevent investment or something more overt such as making sure they get specific players before us - its not been the first time we have both been after the same signing.

I think there is a lot more to come in this sorry saga before we actually get back to real football talk and can solely concentrate on catching them.

Perhaps 2 years, depends on so much though like how much investment we can drum up to finance our title challenge, who our manager is, how well can the scum actually do in saving up money for their debt ridden clubs only challenge, alot of ifs buts and maybes right now.

If there is any justice in this world the mhanks will have been punished by UEFA regarding their cosy business arrangements, they might not even be in the same league as us financially. I genuinely think that if the hard work undertaken by the legendary PZJ in uncovering their allegedly fraudulent mortgage valuations etc will result in the whole house of cards tumbling into the supposed mineworks that the piggery is built on. Title stripping would be the only option after multiple fines etc leaving the sheep and Scumdee as our only challengers. Title in year 2...

It's hard to judge something that is 18 months down the line. This is Scottish football, the whole landscape could undergo yet another seismic shift in that time.

Any guess is made under the assumption that the status quo will be maintained and if recent, and not so recent, history has shown us anything it's that it's futile to hold any assumptions.

Good manager, coaches and 2-3 top additions in the mould of Miller, Davis, Mendes, Cuellar, Bougherra, Naismith then no good reason why not the first season

Infact if we make plans now we can still have a great chance but we need to act

Share issue, rid of McCoist and his deadwood and scouting system in place (tu)

Anyone who thinks we will challenge seriously in the first couple of seasons is at it. The team would need substantial investment AND a better manager.

Panicking about them doing 10 in a row and.throwing money at the team to stop it is.completely the wrong thing and would be a joke, what celtic do is not the be all and end all fs. Let's get ourselves in order, strong and when that title comes it will be even sweeter

Anyone who thinks we will challenge seriously in the first couple of seasons is at it. The team would need substantial investment AND a better manager.

Panicking about them doing 10 in a row and.throwing money at the team to stop it is.completely the wrong thing and would be a joke, what celtic do is not the be all and end all fs. Let's get ourselves in order, strong and when that title comes it will be even sweeter

regardless, that 1st title win will be so sweet I'll end up diabetic

Fuck their 10 in a row. I'd hate to think that our fans are that obsessed with them achieving this tainted achievement that they'd put us in debt trying to stop it and go through all this pish again, that's if it doesn't kill us.

Realistically I'm happy for us to challenge only when we're financially stable, which if Mr Wallace is to believed would be 5 years.

next season will be hard to win but i am confident we will do it,we also need investment and think dave king will be involved somewhere along the line,think the board will give ally 2 seasons in the top league to show what hes made of and i for 1 hope he does a great job and get us playing back in europe :thumbup: :thumbup: