How Long....

The Godfather

Well we will need better players no doubt but with no scouting system I can't really see how we will accomplish that, rather than money being given to Ally to buy more players we should be putting the effort into youth and scouting, we don't have much money to spend on players so some will say why put the money into it but in the long run a decent scouting set-up ASAP will be better than 1 thrown together when we reach the top league.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot can happen within both camps in 18 months. Who knows what their situation will be, so far their master plan looks to be coming apart, and one bad qualifying result for the CL could do a heck of a lot of damage to their finances and the maintaining of their squad. As for us, new income streams must be developed, some players will leave and some will arrive. Like it or not many of our fans would like a bit of clarity regarding exactly who are the individuals who hold large percentages of our shares.

Personally I don't think the gap will be as big as some might think and let's be honest when we get back to the SPL the pressure is all on them as nobody seems to think we will be able to maintain a challenge. Their record over the years when under pressure is nothing to sing about.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll be off to a flyer from the word go. Will take us a few seasons to get there.

As previously said; investment and a different managing/coaching system needs to be added, this along with a decent scouting network and we should be back on track.

But, if we do it the first time around (pipe dream IMO) surely got to be the greatest 'rising from the ashes' football story of all time?

3rd post - thats all it took to turn this into a discussion about Ally - sad!

Not sure if you are aware of this, but the Managers role is vital in how teams get on in the League.

I am therefore surprised it took to the 3rd reply. What were the other 2 thinking about ? :ph34r:

I genuinely believe we will be challenging straight away, the spfl is a very poor standard and I can't see any reason why it will have improved in 18 months, it's no secret that more investment is required and whether that would be better coming from king or a share issue I don't know but it will happen.

To win the league all we will have to do is be better than them, and that is certainly more than achievable in the next 18 months

I understand this but do you not think that's putting huge pressure on Ally or whoever it is to expect such a thing in our first attempt given our players will have been playing at a lower level for a few years?

its a pressure we have experianced and used as a club since way before i was born. We should only be dealing with and employing those with equal aims as ours. If they cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen.

Any other team in our position would not have expected to win div 4 straight away, but we demand it to the point of expecting success, we should never let that go its our defining characteristic. One that should be passed on through the club from top to bottom.

dont get me wrong if the club and the team from manager through led by example and gave everything they had but feel short, then i would be happy too, so long as we gave it every chance and oppertunity we could afford

Not sure if you are aware of this, but the Managers role is vital in how teams get on in the League.

I am therefore surprised it took to the 3rd reply. What were the other 2 thinking about ? :ph34r:

No its not. It's every variable factor except the manager......but only at Rangers.

As for the OP, I expected us to be smart enough about climbing these divisions that we could realistically challenge within a year or two but now its up in the air for me.

I was honestly hoping that starting from scratch last season woud bring something new to the club. I honestly had hopes (dreams) of a team of 'Young Rangers' building a squad together. I envisaged the Young Rangers winning our current league, romping the Championship and challenging in our first season back where we rightfully belong.

Young Rangers, sadly no more than a dream, that boat has already left port. What a wasted opportunity.

What I predict; In the close season before our entry into the top flight there will be a mad rush to buy new players, perhaps we'll still be chasing Kenny Miller. Everything hinges on how much there is in the 'kitty' to put together a 'brand new squad'. More money will be used to buy players because we failed,or were to lazy or too scared TO INVEST IN YOUTH.

I was honestly hoping that starting from scratch last season woud bring something new to the club. I honestly had hopes (dreams) of a team of 'Young Rangers' building a squad together. I envisaged the Young Rangers winning our current league, romping the Championship and challenging in our first season back where we rightfully belong.

Young Rangers, sadly no more than a dream, that boat has already left port. What a wasted opportunity.

What I predict; In the close season before our entry into the top flight there will be a mad rush to buy new players, perhaps we'll still be chasing Kenny Miller. Everything hinges on how much there is in the 'kitty' to put together a 'brand new squad'. More money will be used to buy players because we failed,or were to lazy or too scared TO INVEST IN YOUTH.

very true, that dream is long gone.

There is no guarantee we'll get out the Championship.

I think at this moment we're miles away from what we need to be..We need serious investment over the next 18 months with a lot of players leaving and coaches going too.

We need a total revamp of our scouting and coaching to compete next season never mind when we reach the Premier league.

Frankly, there has been so much upheaval at our club, it is nigh on impossible to look more than a few months down the line. We could be utter paupers by the time we get back or have been bought over by King and have the capability to have a decent squad.

Who knows

As it stands, unless we:

• Change management team AND
  • Develop a consistent footballing strategy right through every age group to 1st team AND
  • Develop players with a clear view to sell at significant profit AND
  • Create a scouting network equipped to provide a manager with player resources of high calibre and even greater potential AND
  • Source sufficient investment to facilitate the above...........

then I genuinely see us struggling to get close to Pacific Shelf FC for a decade. Possibly not even 2nd.

Cannot wait to see what GW makes of it. I believe the outcomes and actions from the 120 day review will determine whether the 5 years he quoted as being needed to challenge them remains valid or as I believe over confident.

We should compete immediately once we're there in 18 months or so.

I expect us to win it at the first attempt. I expect the board to obtain suitable investment to get our team back close to pre-admin standards. That is their duty. Every team is weaker than when we were there.

I will accept one year without, two at an absolute stretch, but no more. There's a massive case of Emperor's New Clothes going on in relation to the "quality" of the top tier.

immediately. I will never accept 2nd best that is not the Rangers way.

This is why we're in position we're in now. And Alistair decided we needed to sign proven players to play football the ''Rangers way'' in the 3rd tier...ie. boot the ball up the park

As it stands, unless we:

• Change management team AND
  • Develop a consistent footballing strategy right through every age group to 1st team AND
  • Develop players with a clear view to sell at significant profit AND
  • Create a scouting network equipped to provide a manager with player resources of high calibre and even greater potential AND
  • Source sufficient investment to facilitate the above...........

then I genuinely see us struggling to get close to Pacific Shelf FC for a decade. Possibly not even 2nd.

Cannot wait to see what GW makes of it. I believe the outcomes and actions from the 120 day review will determine whether the 5 years he quoted as being needed to challenge them remains valid or as I believe over confident.

Have Barca and Bayern moved to Aberdeen and Dundee without my knowledge?