Cheating ref

kaiser1041

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As we do not make a habit out of complaining about referees, in fact I don't remember any official complaints by us, this one complaint should carry some weight. We know the team's display was awful but that is not the reason for our complaint. We didn't lose the game and it is unlikely that the 2 dropped points will turn out to be critical to us winning the league. If it was just the ref having an "off day" with one or to bad decisions then we wouldn't be making any complaint but the simple truth is the referee was shocking throughout the game. He gave countless bad decisions during the 90 minutes and the referee observer who was reputedly at the game must have witnessed the worst refereeing display he has ever seen. I know that I cannot remember anything as bad in the many years I've watched Rangers play, or any other games for that matter.

TBH we collected a point and at one point I thought we might not do that, for all that we are pissed off the ref has the final word so onto the next game.

Sorry mate but yesterday's refereeing cannot be just brushed aside and ignored. We are not talking about a few human errors. It was so bad that even I wonder if it was actual cheating because I fail to understand how anyone could honestly give so many incorrect decisions.

Sorry mate but yesterday's refereeing cannot be just brushed aside and ignored. We are not talking about a few human errors. It was so bad that even I wonder if it was actual cheating because I fail to understand how anyone could honestly give so many incorrect decisions.

I agree, but we have a game Tuesday night against Stranraer, we need to buckle down and at all costs win this. Going after the ref would be a distraction.

Same

I thought I was the only one

The Temps incident was definitely a penalty. I had a clear view from my seat (front row BF3) and there was no doubt it was a foul. It wasn't just that though the whole performance was questionable. In the light of the number of poor decisions Ally should be talking to the head of referees to find out how the referees assessor saw the performance of the officials and if that is deemed acceptable at least we can to try and adjust to the situation.

It in no way excuses poor performances but I don't see an issue with having a conversation.

Last night while reading the paper I

noticed the ref was Greg Aitken, I know

Greg very well and can assure everyone

that he is not a tim by any manner of

means.

If he has had a howler he then goes into

the same category as every other ref on

the planet, to suggest he cheated or is

biased against Rangers is garbage.

The real crime here is that we lost 3 goals

at home to a team of part timers, we need

to sort that instead of looking for excuses

about refs.

It's always the same and always will be if a ref has a shocker against us...

"The guys pure a bheast so he is!"

:lol:

It's utter cringe.

It's the exact same as what they other lot do.

Fact is our refs are utter baws in this country, it's the same at every other ground.

hammer93. Will accept what you say that the ref was not biased against Rangers as you say you know him. However, perhaps you could have a word with him and suggest that maybe, from a competence point of view, refereeing is not for him and to go back to the terraces.

hammer93. Will accept what you say that the ref was not biased against Rangers as you say you know him. However, perhaps you could have a word with him and suggest that maybe, from a competence point of view, refereeing is not for him and to go back to the terraces.

oh don't worry I will slaughter him the next time I see him, trust me when

I say you will not meet a more straight laced person in life, it's probably that

personality that pushed him into refereeing.

The weekend's result was not due to a bad refereeing decision - it was solely down to the ineptitude of the team and managers to beat a team with very limited talent who ultimately wanted to win the game much more than we did

You two are having a laugh - Defender makes contact with player who is travelling at speed - no contact with the ball, only the player - yet you say no penalty?

He's no even touched him, look at the first replay of it. Templeton has seen him coming and just dived, if there's any cheat there it's him..

Last night while reading the paper I

noticed the ref was Greg Aitken, I know

Greg very well and can assure everyone

that he is not a tim by any manner of

means.

If he has had a howler he then goes into

the same category as every other ref on

the planet, to suggest he cheated or is

biased against Rangers is garbage.

The real crime here is that we lost 3 goals

at home to a team of part timers, we need

to sort that instead of looking for excuses

about refs.

(tu)

He's no even touched him, look at the first replay of it. Templeton has seen him coming and just dived, if there's any cheat there it's him..

You mean the replay when he takes his standing foot away from him!? I had clear sight of it in real time and have seen the clip. If you think that that's a dive then you really need to consider a visit to the opticians or maybe becoming a referee in Scotland!

So you reckon Templeton dived, then you are also calling him a cheat with your statement, Iv'e watch the clip at work with various supporters even tims and each to a man said it was a penalty.

You two are having a laugh - Defender makes contact with player who is travelling at speed - no contact with the ball, only the player - yet you say no penalty?

Looks very soft tbh

It's because he's running at speed it makes it look worse than it was

No I'm not having a laugh

The weekend's result was not due to a bad refereeing decision - it was solely down to the ineptitude of the team and managers to beat a team with very limited talent who ultimately wanted to win the game much more than we did

The thread is not about why we got beat, it is about the performance of the referee, there are plenty of threads about how shite we were but this is purely about a referee having a cunt of a game.

Looks very soft tbh

It's because he's running at speed it makes it look worse than it was

No I'm not having a laugh

Check the replay on the BBC website and stop it at 59 seconds and see where the contact is (the 9 has his right boot on Temps left boot). Its as clear a penalty as you'll see and the ref has no excuse other than incompetence or something that others have suggested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26203417

Temps was through on goal. He would have tried to score and had no obvious reason to fall over. He wants people to see his skills not to see him manufacture a penalty. He went down really quickly as if he was not in control of what was happening. There certainly was contact and it looks to me like he was fouled. I have only seen it 7 or 8 times of course. Maybe we are best to ask the Stenny player if he is on Twitter what he has to say?