Mohsni's an interloper

Robespierre

Someone told me today that our very own Bilel Mohsni went on trial with Celtic last year and after a quick google search...well.... I couldn't believe my eyes! I'm in fuckin stitches!! . :lol: It also appears West Ham made an attempt to sign him a couple of years ago. :lol:

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/9896444.Celtic_trial_for_Southend_United_s_Bilel_Mohnsi/

From memory I think they were offered around a quarter of a million for him and tried to hold out for much more. I violence that's why he left on a free. Might be talking balls though.

It was £150k and when it was rejected he stayed away from Southend. Not sure if the Celtic trialhappened but he then went on trial to Ipswich.

Thought he was a real find at the start of the season.

Has gradually gone downhill with the rest of the team.

Needs to learn how to pass a ball, as he just hits it straight in the direction he is facing, whether an opponent is there or not.

The trial at Celtic never happened. Think it was agent talk.

West Ham offered a certain amount which was below what we were looking for. I think we'd assumed that West Ham would come back with more seeing as they were throwing money around that summer but they didn't do so. Bil went on strike. He got a trial at Forest but they sacked the manager on the same day so that didn't happen. Moved to Ipswich on loan but they sacked their manager and the new guy got rid of him to make room for other loanees.

He eventually came off of strike as we had an injury crisis then got sent off on his return for a karate kick.

Mohsni is both one of the most popular and unpopular players to play for Southend. I find it difficult to dislike him as he's an infectuous personality who is always in the middle of the action and has a huge amount of time for the fans. Others will always hold the numerous fallings-out with his team-mates and several costly red cards against him. Plus not everyone will forgive a player who goes on strike.

The trial at Celtic never happened. Think it was agent talk.

West Ham offered a certain amount which was below what we were looking for. I think we'd assumed that West Ham would come back with more seeing as they were throwing money around that summer but they didn't do so. Bil went on strike. He got a trial at Forest but they sacked the manager on the same day so that didn't happen. Moved to Ipswich on loan but they sacked their manager and the new guy got rid of him to make room for other loanees.

He eventually came off of strike as we had an injury crisis then got sent off on his return for a karate kick.

Mohsni is both one of the most popular and unpopular players to play for Southend. I find it difficult to dislike him as he's an infectuous personality who is always in the middle of the action and has a huge amount of time for the fans. Others will always hold the numerous fallings-out with his team-mates and several costly red cards against him. Plus not everyone will forgive a player who goes on strike.

Cheers for that, know what you mean about can't help liking him. Don't mind him being sent off if it's a committed tackle type thing but it is frustrating some of the reasons he's picked cards up for. Don't think our commentators like him at all with the way they talk about him slagging him off even if he is having a brilliant game.

Son of my mate played with him at Southend, from what I gather it was not the happiest place to be, the lad I know was treated really badly.

Tbh I think Bil is a League 2 player, honest, hardworking but not of the highest quality.

On 31 January 2011, Southend rejected a bid of £250,000 from Blackpool for Mohsni. In August 2012, West Ham's bid of £150,000 for Mohsni was rejected by Southend. On 28 August 2012, it was announced that Mohsni was to go on trial with SPL club scum. He then went on trial with Championship club Ipswich Town in September, however, it was later reported that Ipswich would not be signing Mohsni since he refused an extended trial at Portman Road.