Would it be better to finish 2nd in the Championship next season?

quinty

Bear with me here. For the record I think that we will win the Championship by a country mile, even without the addition of any players I see nothing to frighten us there.

However, if we finish 2nd, should be easy enough to ease off at the end, then the top team will go up to the SPFL and the bottom team from the SPFL will be relegated. We would then go into the playoffs with the opportunity of relegating another one of the cabal. So, that would be Hearts gone, and two more of the Bastards who voted us out. Quite appeals to me.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear with me here. For the record I think that we will win the Championship by a country mile, even without the addition of any players I see nothing to frighten us there.

However, if we finish 2nd, should be easy enough to ease off at the end, then the top team will go up to the SPFL and the bottom team from the SPFL will be relegated. We would then go into the playoffs with the opportunity of relegating another one of the cabal. So, that would be Hearts gone, and two more of the Bastards who voted us out. Quite appeals to me.

Ok so assuming we were second as your wishing for. that would leave it open for hearts to win the league, doesn't that through a spanner in your carefully connived little plan ?

Ok so assuming we were second as your wishing for. that would leave it open for hearts to win the league, doesn't that through a spanner in your carefully connived little plan ?

Fully expect Hearts to be in Div Two, don't see them lasting the month, so it's Liquidation and Bye Bye Jambos.

Is that you Ally?

why would we want to play off against an SPL team just to relegate them?

Seems like a reasonable proposition to me :)

Think of the bigger picture though, it's a 1 off play off game we could get beat, and spend another year in the championship holding the club back another year from much needed revenue, would you be happy if that happened ?

Think of the bigger picture though, it's a 1 off play off game we could get beat, and spend another year in the championship holding the club back another year from much needed revenue, would you be happy if that happened ?

I think so, as I believe we would win.

N

I think so, as I believe we would win.

Never happen though, as I believe we will win the league by a distance. Just a wee revenge fantasy, it's up there with carrying out a pre-meditated act (that my lawyers have advised me to specify would not involve the use of explosives) under a full stadium of bheggars.