Barca transfer ban

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised at this. I thought this was the kind of stuff they'd been doing for years and was very public.

Wasn't there always stories about them picking up some South American whizz kid and bringing them over.

Or is it not that they were being sleekit but just that the authorities have ruled that it's not on?

They'll win their appeal IMO. Remember Chelsea got into a lot of bother over Gael Gakuta? (sp)

I think Chelsea and Lens agreed a settlement and Lens dropped the charges, Barca's is for different breaches and involves up to 10 players.

Corkinator - "In all honesty, I can't believe nothing has happened to them over the child abuse situation. I think it was 3 separate employees, that we know of.

It's terrible."

Truth be told we should have gone after them for this back in the day. I reckon that even if you now hit UEFA with a fairly damming dossier on this subject and how it as conveniently swept under the carpet they would probably take the line that it was just Ranges fans trying to get revenge for what has gone on in recent years. Btw, on the topic of dossiers whatever happened to the one on us that Reed was so fond of mentioning? Personally I always thought that by mentioning this so frequently while never actually producing it he and c****c were bringing the game into disrepute. Yet another thing we let them of the hook for.

They'll get off with a small fine and a transfer ban that will favour them. Only come into affect when they've sorted their defence and goalkeeper out and other clubs won't be able to sign their players? When did not being allowed to sell players become a punishment btw or am I missing something here? It's not going to harm a club that size financially and it just seems to harm other clubs possibly interested in their players and even the players themselves if they're desperate for a move.

They'll get off with a small fine and a transfer ban that will favour them. Only come into affect when they've sorted their defence and goalkeeper out and other clubs won't be able to sign their players? When did not being allowed to sell players become a punishment btw or am I missing something here? It's not going to harm a club that size financially and it just seems to harm other clubs possibly interested in their players and even the players themselves if they're desperate for a move.

Everywhere I'm reading is saying it will come into effect immediately

So that's this on top of the Neumar transfer and Messi diddling his taxes.....seems like Barca have been up to their necks in it.

I agree I fully expect septic and the whole of the Spanish league to stop playing them on the grounds of sporting integrity. It certainly is a messi situation.