Could Ally be moved upstairs?

Neil1418

So who will come to manage a club with no scouting staff, no backroom staff and no money to buy new players and who will manage a club for peanuts, Nobody

You must earn some fuckin wage if you think £400,000 is peanuts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So who will come to manage a club with no scouting staff, no backroom staff and no money to buy new players and who will manage a club for peanuts, Nobody

Don't be so stupid. Half of what Ally is paid (which has already been halved) would likely be enough to persuade any manager in the SPFL.

SPL teams barely spend a penny on transfer fees, and offer wages a fraction if ours.

And when Durrant and McDowell are out in their arses there is a fairly decent chunk of change to built a backroom team.

So sick of the idea that Ally is almost doing us a favour, and that no manager would touch us. We are still the biggest attraction in Scotland.

Is there any reason why Ally can't be moved "upstairs" as director of football or to some other post where he can remain at Ibrox to earn his keep. I would say he would make a good PR man but I don't know if there is any reason why this can't happen, we alI know Ally loves the club as much as we do and he has been an excellent servant to the club over the years. I believe this might be a good solution to a problem that will not walk away.

Measured thoughts only please.

rangersmedia-1396989273-U62546.jpg

Rangers do not owe Ally a job he has become a very wealthy man from playing and managing the club so Rangers have given him more than enough, time for him to retire back to the media role he had before which is better suited to his skillset. Let's face it he would walk into a pundit role who would you rather have Craig Burley or Ally McCoist no contest really and we could use a Rangers friendly person in the media given how few there seem to be these days.

No, he's not a football man. It's that simple. A pr role like Bobby Charlton (another failed manager btw) but nothing to do directly with the football operation.

It really is that simple, Rangers have made McCoist a wealthy man several time over. We owe him nothing.

You a sleeper ?

A sleeper!!! I bet I've supported Rangers a lot longer than you. I was trying to think of a way where this situation could be settled. A lot of disgraceful things are being said on here I'm looking for a way to smooth things over remember Ally will still want to save face I suggested this as a way out. Therefore don't accuse me of being a sleeper I really take exception to that. But what I would like is for you contribute something constructive rather than negativity.

A sleeper!!! I bet I've supported Rangers a lot longer than you. I was trying to think of a way where this situation could be settled. A lot of disgraceful things are being said on here I'm looking for a way to smooth things over remember Ally will still want to save face I suggested this as a way out. Therefore don't accuse me of being a sleeper I really take exception to that. But what I would like is for you contribute something constructive rather than negativity.

It's not up to Rangers to save Ally face. He created this situation himself by allowing his players to treat Auchenhowie like a holiday camp and by running his players into the ground rather than give youth a chance which has now meant we are without key players for arguably the biggest game of the season. He should be man enough to resign and if his ego want allow him to do that then he has to be sacked. This whole moving people upstairs crap was David Murrays gutless way of avoiding sacking people. He used to crow about having never sacked a manager but it was a cop out nothing more big Dick was "moved upstairs" only to leave a short time later.

Lets face facts Ally was a superb striker and a funny guy. He has never been one to keep discipline. The whole reason Souness dropped him on the bench years ago was lack of discipline. He was never going to make it as a manager and he certainly won't make it being pushed up stairs being a pen pusher. His time is over at Rangers.

Time for a complete break.

Much as I'd like him to have some sort of place at Ibrox , we are in no financial state to just create jobs as a thank you .

Let's just settle for welcoming him back to Ibrox as a legend and a fan .

Tbh I don't even want that

Gorams disaster of a Column comments tells me that we need to cut this 9 in a row element clean out our club and stop the gravy train of jobs for the boys and pals acts and herald in a fresh new era and approach

Ally and Durrant both out and no wee fancy relocations of their "talents" either