Will Ally walk if we are battered on Saturday?

graeme_4

If we get humped on Saturday he should walk immediately. Surely the board have not been resting on their laurels and MUST have a short-list of potential candidates. If not then shame on them.

Any new manager must be given some time to prepare for next season so needs to start work ASAP.

McInnes has his hands full ensuring second place for Aberdeen so no announcement will be made until the season is over.

Apart from anything else, the sheep fans would turn on him the minute they found out he was coming to their number one hate club.

The problem is now with Wallace - his review is due out and he will have to discuss team performance (which he can gloss over with the title won) but also fans satisfaction. He cannot be unaware of the growing resentment and he simply cannot pretend that the support is not very, very unhappy, especially if that unhappiness means a delay in ST revenue.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldn't you ask him? as it stands he is in a position of complete power as to how we go about our game, he should be asked what he will do to get us back where we need to be and should be challenged at every turn where we fail - just as you or I would be in our jobs. I am not saying he should be here to be part of the future of our club but as he is in position and there are no signs IMO that he will be removed, it makes sense to ask him what he is aiming for and targets be set for him based on that discussion. Charles Green said it correctly when he said the league is not enough - if that is acceptable then we have fallen further than I thought.

Because the club have to put in place a philosophy that goes beyond whatever manager is place, we set the plan and find a manager to carry it out not the other way about that way you have continuity and not chop and change very time a new manager comes in.

We have had 3 years of the Ally plan it ain't working, time for the club to say enough this is the way forward.

Have both his and the teams wages not come down compared to last years, plus for me if there was a small section on the accounts that said they paid Ally McCoist an 8 million pound bonus for the lifetime of hapiness he has provided me and many Rangers fans, I would not bat an eyelid, in fact I would expect our board to go out and resorce that expence, in football you pay for the chance to experience the joys of winning, Ally McCoist has delivered on that and then some. of course he is going through his toughest spell, and even I can see his tenure is becoming very very weak, the players he thought would have improved us have in patches let him and us down very badly, sometimes his team set up is very questionable, tactics at times have let him down but I just don't believe for one minute he is A, unaware of the standards we demand B, he is in this for anything else other than his love for our club. :thumbup:

I love the club. I've put more money into it than Ally has. Am I therefore qualified to be a manager?

No. Being 'a good Rangers man' means nothing if you can't perform the task you are grossly overpaid to do.

And to say we 'experience the joys of winning, Ally McCoist has delivered on that and then some' is just wrong. We might get the W against part time teams on a fraction of the budget, but there is no joy, entertainment or pleasure whatsoever in what us being delivered.

If we get humped on Saturday he should walk immediately. Surely the board have not been resting on their laurels and MUST have a short-list of potential candidates. If not then shame on them.

Any new manager must be given some time to prepare for next season so needs to start work ASAP.

Don't get me wrong mate, i think he should have walked a while ago as he isn't up to it at all.

I'm just trying to think of a slightly realistic way of him parting company.

Have both his and the teams wages not come down compared to last years, plus for me if there was a small section on the accounts that said they paid Ally McCoist an 8 million pound bonus for the lifetime of hapiness he has provided me and many Rangers fans, I would not bat an eyelid, in fact I would expect our board to go out and resorce that expence, in football you pay for the chance to experience the joys of winning, Ally McCoist has delivered on that and then some. of course he is going through his toughest spell, and even I can see his tenure is becoming very very weak, the players he thought would have improved us have in patches let him and us down very badly, sometimes his team set up is very questionable, tactics at times have let him down but I just don't believe for one minute he is A, unaware of the standards we demand B, he is in this for anything else other than his love for our club. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

In true Ally fashion he'll blame it on everyone else but himself.

He did say a few days ago that the United game will give everyone idea of the level the Rangers side is at in terms of quality etc but this was a couple of weeks after saying League 1 sides were of the same standard as SPL teams.

When we get beat, the board will have the backing of the fans in mutually consenting him.

That is the only reason they haven't done it before.

I'm gutted it has come to this but we have not progressed in any department since Ally took over. Other managers could have done a lot more with a lot less, and many do.

Ally can't possibly remain in post after the game.