"This squad will struggle in the Championship"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I don't disagree with the criticisms of Ally's tactics etc it is what he sees in certain players that worries me most of all. Take Fraser Aird for example. I don't think I have seen a Rangers player with such low footballing ability, he has one trick which is to knock the ball past an opponent and try and sprint past him which is a very basic and largely ineffective skill.

I know he is young and it isn't nice being so critical of someone only starting out but the truth is he wouldn't even get into any other side in the league we are in never mind Rangers. There is such an embarrassing lack of creativity and skill in the Rangers squad that Seriously questions Ally and if he doesn't see it he is worryingly deluded.

Ally could be the best Manager and tactician but if you have players of such a poor quality in your team then all the tactics in the world won't suffice.

Our current squad are not good enough and we need a few decent players in whilst getting rid of the deadwood.

At best they are mediocre and certainly overpaid.

The players should also take responsibility for dire performances this season.

For me, a new manager will have to bring in new players (if possible).

We walked it this season and we'll walk it next. It's when we get to the top flight we'll finish a poor 2nd to Celtic under the current regime.

Hysteria gone mad this week and a lot of Timbo behaviour...no offence Bawsburst.

Our current squad are not good enough and we need a few decent players in whilst getting rid of the deadwood.

At best they are mediocre and certainly overpaid.

The players should also take responsibility for dire performances this season.

For me, a new manager will have to bring in new players (if possible).

Not good enough for what level? The SPL no they aren't, the Championship they absolutely are.

Nobody in that league has close to the level of squad that we do, even with it's glaring weaknesses.

Not good enough for what level? The SPL no they aren't, the Championship they absolutely are.

Nobody in that league has close to the level of squad that we do, even with it's glaring weaknesses.

I think we will win the league next season but it will be a struggle (unless we get a few decent players in).

We need major investment to compete in the top league and in Europe.

We should win the Championship no bother... on paper.

I think the squad is solid, in skill and in depth. There are many established top level players at Ibrox.

I believe it's management causing the under-performing of many guys in the team, at the moment. Tactics, training, attitude, lack of discipline and a large sense of entitlement (it's always wrong to assume you've won before you've played. Take Sunday's game as a prime example of that.) are all wrong, and evidently so.

I have no doubt we will win the league next season, even with McCoist in charge. With Cribari and a few others at the end of their contracts we should be able to bring in a couple of players to improve the squad and offer more competition. Some people said we would struggle this season and while the football has been dire recently, we have won at a canter.

I think with the players we've got, we can win the Championship, but the real problem is that we need to be building for re-entry to the top league, more so next year than any other, although it should've started a lot sooner. Unfortunately, Ally's not the man to do it and I think he has to go for the future good of the club.

If we stick with Ally he needs to stop the long ball tactics and get the players some shooting practice at training. I'm sure we can remember the quality of shots on Sunday, and other games. That's what we need to concentrate on with these packed defences we're sure to encounter next year.

Beats me why after all this time we have still got McCulloch playing at the back, A mistake waiting to happen as shown against the Rovers.

McCulloch at the back or for that matter sitting deep was always a waste!

That said, maybe his legs really have gone now to do the running he should have been doing since he joined us.

That's true however good squads don't necessarily translate into good teams. That requires some good management and I fear we are lacking a bit there which ultimately closes the gap. We have all the pressure, the opposition have their cup final so we have to be on top of our game and we'll need to do a lot more than pump long balls. There's some decent football teams in that division.

Charlie Nicholas saying the same thing today.

But with this group of players he will struggle to get out the Championship at the first time of asking. I can't see them winning it next season unless there is major investment in the playing squad. That could cost around 5 million and the club don't have it

5 million on top of what we have already spent, to win the Scottish first division. Fucking behave :lol: