tell ye what, ive gave ally a hard time anaw....

rab wilson

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, you're right bud. Alex Ferguson's situation was exactly the same as Ally.

Good that Ally managed a Scottish team to a European Cup, and had a cabinet full of Championships and Cups he'd managed his side to, before he took over at us. Then went on to dominate British football and make a big impact on Europe with his new club. Exactly the same.

Never mind that Ally's "tactics" are prehistoric, his training regresses our players, he can't motivate players in front of 50,000 fans and he can't spot a player to save his life. He's just like Alex Ferguson cause the fans want rid of him.

Fucking ridiculous.

Did I say their situation was similar? Would you like more straw?

Why would a club offer a job to a manager they know won't leave the club they are at?

Don't think anyone is denying Ally is a Rangers legend and a nice guy, but that doesn't make him a good manager. The club needs to be run as a business and he shouldn't keep his job because he's a likeable guy and used to be a good striker. Unfortunately he's not a good enough football manager.

So you are saying he can't learn anything...

exactly what has he learned from his 3 season stint? apart frpm the consistant putrid style on the park, what has he rectified? it sure as shit ain't spending on shite we don't need, or the fact youth gets overlooked for some absolute crappy player/s still in the team because the manager wants to have his wee meaningless unbeaten record or the fact the defense is a fucking train wreck.

in the championship, with no money to burn we'll see what he's made of with his 4-5-1 putrid style.

exactly what has he learned from his 3 season stint? apart frpm the consistant putrid style on the park, what has he rectified? it sure as shit ain't spending on shite we don't need, or the fact youth gets overlooked for some absolute crappy player/s still in the team because the manager wants to have his wee meaningless unbeaten record or the fact the defense is a fucking train wreck.

in the championship, with no money to burn we'll see what he's made of with his 4-5-1 putrid style.

The defence really is a trainwreck. 17 goals conceded in the league and 37 goals scored ny defenders.

who they up against in the league, compare that to the cups we've been dumped out of.

We were dumped out of or really struggled in cups by terrible sides with FAR better defences than the current one.

Falkirk a few times, Dundee Utd more times than I care to remember, Hamilton, Berwick (the draw under McLeish) Christ I remember seeing man u draw with non league Exeter at old Trafford not that many years ago in the cup. It happens. Then there's plenty European embarrassments. Victoria Zizkow, Kaunas

Passion from the OP, no doubt.

OP is letting emotion rule his head though.

Ally has contributed to this club in many ways but the evidence on his managerial ability is staring us in the face and the only conclusion you can reach is that he's the wrong man for t

Ally is a manager who will need a huge chequebook for any level of success and who will always have an excuse for failing to win, when there is none.

The OP's suggestion of bringing in a team to help Ally out doesn't hold any water whatsoever, that's what his current coaching staff ar

The OP's expansion of that point was the suggestion of bringing in Laudrup and Albertz, these two players were idols and hero's to this club yet the fact is that Laudrup's credentials as a coach are that he was formerly involved at the 'Laudrup & Høgh ProCamp' for kidAlbertz hasn

't, as far as I am aware, been involved in football since his retirement from playing.

Ally, Laudrup and Albertz (or any small group of recent former players) could have bought this club for £5.5M, appointed a business manager, an accountancy and legal firm

and ran this club at a profit while explaining the reality of our situation to the fans. They haven't done so and as such the suggestion that we, as a club, in someway owe Ally something beyond his numerous job roles and whopping pay-packets is way off the mark in reality. There are people within our ranks who would do his numerous roles purely for the association with our club and who would take a pay packet consisting purely of recognition nevermind iconic-status and permanent adulation.

The long-term, secure, future, of this club in a managerial sense is a manager who essentially over-achieves with what he has at his disposal, who signs free's with sell-on value sells them at a profit, who developes youth into saleable assests and sells them at a profit, who develops a fast-technical play style and who has tactics to carry us by opposition whom are our equal/superior.

This club is a giant who has ignored the business reality for so long that our club has for a period of years now, has been under the very real threat of extinction. The time to stop using a chequebook to mask our shortcomings was when Advocaat failed to take us significantly forward. The time to call a hault to huge wages and poor discipline was arguably before that yet it remains.

How many players has this club sold at a profit in the last 20 years? How much have we spent/paid, what have we won for that money and what level of opposition did we face in order to achieve it? It doesn't take an accountant to see it's simply not sustainable.

Time to get real and start acting like the huge, PROFESSIONAL,

institution that we claim to be,...currently we are still a club which allowed it's manager to be forced out by bevying-unprofessional-lads-culture, we are still the club that struggled to give away Charlie Adam to bloody Blackpool only to see him sell for big money after a short spell there. Failure to identify and develop natural talent into that of a professional footballing athlete with sell-on value is something which has passed this club by with a lack of professionalism and a failure to adapt/advance with the times.

Open your eyes people and accept the reality of our predicament or we're going to spunk away hundreds of millions on our way to the, and to stay, top of a bankrupt League devoid of genuine ability and professionalism, which purely enables us to take an utter arse-blasting against European no-marks!...assuming we don't go out the game completely between now and then.

Sandy Jardine is what this club should aspire to produce, in terms of ability, in terms or success, in terms of human and club character,...his death should in no way blind us to the continuation of a ruinous path we have chosen for the past 20-odd bloody years.

More than a club, WATP.

Firstly, Ibrox Preacher

I wish I could write like that.

secondly, to all of you bears, im so fuckin sorry about what I wrote in this topic, feel like I fuckin disgraced myself, but its been a fuckin emotional week .id only just watched the interview with sandy for the first time ever, and I was posting with tears running down my face, tried to phone my dad for first time in 14 years, still nothing, but its no excuse for posting shite like that.

Apart from my sons, you lot are the only family I have and id defend every fuckin one of you to the bitter end.

sorry again

No Surrender

Rab

Firstly, Ibrox Preacher

secondly, to all of you bears, im so fuckin sorry about what I wrote in this topic, feel like I fuckin disgraced myself, but its been a fuckin emotional week .id only just watched the interview with sandy for the first time ever, and I was posting with tears running down my face, tried to phone my dad for first time in 14 years, still nothing, but its no excuse for posting shite like that.

Apart from my sons, you lot are the only family I have and id defend every fuckin one of you to the bitter end.

sorry again

No Surrender

Rab

dont feel like you need too explain yourself mate we all get emotional and can get a bit carried away at times , 90% of the forum are passionate bears it just shows in different ways , gd luck with the personal stuff and keep your chin up

Firstly, Ibrox Preacher

sorry again

No Surrender

Rab

(tu) Fuck sake Rab, i was getting the chib looked oot tae!! :D

So you are saying he can't learn anything...

He is in his fifties.

Manager for 3 seasons

Assistant manager at Scotland and Rangers for over 5 seasons.

I am struggling with the concept that after all this time he is where he is. Can he learn more? Well, if he is here next season I fucking hope so.

The fact that the beggars chat sites are all saying ,not to slag off Ally says it all for me .Speaking to a beggar at work .Everyone of them want Ally on a ten year contract or more .It will be shootie in and there not wrong

You know that old saying watch what you wish for, you need to work on the principle they are never right, the scum have been writing us off for as long as I can remember.

The fact that the beggars chat sites are all saying ,not to slag off Ally says it all for me .Speaking to a beggar at work .Everyone of them want Ally on a ten year contract or more .It will be shootie in and there not wrong

Mind we wanted Lennon on a ten year deal whilst they wanted rid of him?

But any fucker on here , who can watch his conversation with sandy jardine, and first of all no have a dry eye, and then watch the handshake at the end when Sandy says" and thank you son" , and no realize that allys our gaffer, then gtf, that includes some of my pals on here.

that man is born to be our boss, maybe not our coach, but I dont want anybody else takin allys place.

this weekend has been really emotional for me.due to sandy's passing I tried to make contact with my own old man, as he was his favourite, no reply yet.

but I look at that last sentence in that interview" and thank you son"

Fuck sake bears, all of us, surely in those 4 words sandy has recognized what ally has done for us, for us the support I mean, for Rangers, surely we need to give him something, anything.

I dont want to see ally go down the same path as john greig, I want somebody like brian laudrup to come in and lighten his fuckin load, I want somebody like jorg albertz to come in to the dressing room before our last game and tell they bastards what it really means to pull on a rangers jersey.

I want somebody to take the the fuckin pressure of holdin our club on his fuckin shoulders off of ally.

if then he fails then fair enough, but not until then. Done.

No Surrender

Rab

Rab, well said and expresses a lot of my own feelings, but......much as I love the man, I don't think he has what it takes as a manager. That said, I don't want anybody running him down after what he (and we) has/have been through and how he was there to be counted and led from the front when nobody else was prepared to do it!

i only wish we'd done the treble so he could have walked away, head held high, and no-one (not even the dark side) could have said a word cos he'd have done all that could have been asked of any man!

He definitely didn't do walking away!

Never Forget, Never Forgive!

There are only two types of people who want McCoist to remain as our manager...

1. The supporters of every other team in Scotland

and

2. About 5 or 6 individuals who actually claim to support Rangers. All of whom can be located at Rangers Media.

There are only two types of people who want McCoist to remain as our manager...

1. The supporters of every other team in Scotland

and

2. About 5 or 6 individuals who actually claim to support Rangers. All of whom can be located at Rangers Media.

maybe there all on the payroll mate .It astounds me but their campaign to defend him is in overdrive at the min

But any fucker on here , who can watch his conversation with sandy jardine, and first of all no have a dry eye, and then watch the handshake at the end when Sandy says" and thank you son" , and no realize that allys our gaffer, then gtf, that includes some of my pals on here.

that man is born to be our boss, maybe not our coach, but I dont want anybody else takin allys place.

this weekend has been really emotional for me.due to sandy's passing I tried to make contact with my own old man, as he was his favourite, no reply yet.

but I look at that last sentence in that interview" and thank you son"

Fuck sake bears, all of us, surely in those 4 words sandy has recognized what ally has done for us, for us the support I mean, for Rangers, surely we need to give him something, anything.

I dont want to see ally go down the same path as john greig, I want somebody like brian laudrup to come in and lighten his fuckin load, I want somebody like jorg albertz to come in to the dressing room before our last game and tell they bastards what it really means to pull on a rangers jersey.

I want somebody to take the the fuckin pressure of holdin our club on his fuckin shoulders off of ally.

if then he fails then fair enough, but not until then. Done.

No Surrender

Rab

Whenever people speak about Ally it's always the same thing. They speak positively about his days as a player. How great he is for sticking by us threw Administration, conducting himself with dignity, wearing a suit, cool slogans like "we don't do walking away", Mr.Rangers, etc.

When it comes to Ally I judge him by what I see happening ON THE PARK and it ain't pretty. I wish more would do the same.