Kenny Miller heading back to Scotland

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faure is earning £4,000 a week? :anguish:

It was a while back the story was printed but the quote from him was along the lines of being offered £400 per week by ligue 2 clubs and that he couldn't turn down rangers when we offered ten times that

It was a while back the story was printed but the quote from him was along the lines of being offered £400 per week by ligue 2 clubs and that he couldn't turn down rangers when we offered ten times that

That's absolutely horrendous but not unexpected.

Something is fundamentally broken in the way we negotiate contracts.

The sad reality is Daly is done in, Clarke was a one season wonder and Shiels is the invisible man the majority games.

Is Miller a step towards a sustainable, exciting brand of attacking football at the heart of our clubs philosophy and operations? No.

Would he be the best CF at the club if signed? Yes, by a mile.

It is however still a huge worry given the knowledge of our finances, that Ally still targets 30+ signings with high wages and zero sell on value, while the filth sign under 25s and punt them to the premier league for £5m+ every year.

For what could be a tough Championship challenge next year, I'm 1000 times happier with Boyd and Miller than anything we can offer just now. They'll be our two best strikers by a country mile.

I'd love to get rid of a few bodies though, to make the finances a little more comfortable. Offer players to teams for free if you have to.

I would prefer younger players signed and we will have to wait to see who is signed. However if Miller ,Boyd and Gordon sign on low wages then good on them for coming back to us on possibly lower money than they could get elsewhere. They know how to play at top level should still have 2 years left in them and Miller and Boyd know what is required to play for us I would also suspect Gordon would cope. What does need to be done is a scouting network put in place ASAP and also Ally must start to give the young players some game time this I suspect we won't do and that's my main worry

When did we last have a scouting system,apart from the Neil Murray fiasco?

For years our scouting system appeared toconsist of Willie McKay. .We had a period when Ewen Chester researched dvd's and before that videos and a couple of Italian agents had Walters number on speed dial.It seems like several decades since we had a network of scouts through the country.

So much for building a young team to work through the leagues, be settled when were back to where we belong, how much is this going to cost us in the long run when we end up like Man Utd and need a major over hall to challenge for league titles, where will the millions come from for doing that?

2 year deal on low wages with a coaching role at the end would be ideal I reckon.

Think Miller would have a lot to offer as a coach as he's made a good career with limited ability because of his hard work and determination. Could hopefully teach our young forwards how to become more effective and play to their strengths as he has done quite well over his career.

I know his signing would be going backwards but I suspect he is what we need up front. Far too often the criticisms of Daly have been that he's too slow and not mobile enough at least we know Miller is the type of player who will stretch a defense.

The sad reality is Daly is done in, Clarke was a one season wonder and Shiels is the invisible man the majority games.

Is Miller a step towards a sustainable, exciting brand of attacking football at the heart of our clubs philosophy and operations? No.

Would he be the best CF at the club if signed? Yes, by a mile.

It is however still a huge worry given the knowledge of our finances, that Ally still targets 30+ signings with high wages and zero sell on value, while the filth sign under 25s and punt them to the premier league for £5m+ every year.

Clark was a one season wonder, He has regressed under Ally.

As I've always said, I'd never let my son sign for Rangers under the current regime.

Young players are no more than a last resort. It's utterly pathetic.

(tu)

There should be five or six guys from the U20 squad being considered as potential first team players at the moment but instead we have rumours surfacing that a number of them are considering their futures.

If we can't bleed a number of youngsters now then we would be as well cutting all our youth teams and saving that money.