Kenny Miller heading back to Scotland

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(tu)

There should be five or six guys from the U20 squad being considered as potential first team players at the moment but instead we have rumours surfacing that a number of them are considering their futures.

If we can't bleed a number of youngsters now then we would be as well cutting all our youth teams and saving that money.

Fully agree.

Long time no speak old friend. The joys of moving into your first own house - internet time has been reduced massively :(

The young teams we have will cost a lot of money, if there's no obvious natural progression then just sack it all.

The young lads are quite successful as well, which makes it all the more annoying.

Fully agree.

Long time no speak old friend. The joys of moving into your first own house - internet time has been reduced massively :(

The young teams we have will cost a lot of money, if there's no obvious natural progression then just sack it all.

The young lads are quite successful as well, which makes it all the more annoying.

Ah that would explain it. I was wondering why I hadn't seen you posting for a while. I hope everything is going well?

It really is, a lot of these guys played in the reserve team who won their league undefeated last season, and they've had the best campaign I can remember a U20 team having in years. What else can they do to earn an opportunity?

Kelly, Sinnamon, Halkett & Telfer are all U19 internationals and Stoney, Murdoch, Gasparatto & Ramsey are boys who appear to have done well for two years now without any real chance in the first team ever.

That's eight players who could come into the first team and save us having to splash inflated wages on players to attract them to join us because we are mess off the park and in the lower leagues.

As we get closer to the SPL expectations and demands will rise, which has the knock on effect of the window of opportunity for these guys to get a chance with reduced pressure closing.

It's no surprise to me that guys like Telfer are said to be looking at their options and it goes against everything mccoist said he wanted to do when he proclaimed that he wanted us to adopt "the Ajax model".

Talk of telfer signing a pre contract with united

Shows you the young lads don't believe they will be given a chance

That is absolute travesty if that's true :( Telfer has been coasting the u20 games this year and is more than ready for the step up. Shows our management team are utterly clueless and destroying our club with their ineptitude.

He's a player who relied on his workrate and pace, both are nowhere what they used to be.

We are up shit street financially and he's a player we dont need who is past his best and would be on large wages. He's not needed.

Are you talking about Miller or Little?

Talk of telfer signing a pre contract with united

Shows you the young lads don't believe they will be given a chance

I don't think you can blame him at all.

Lots of players have enhanced their reputations massively either going to, or placing their faith in Dundee United to bring them on - Goodwillie, Russell, Dixon, Robertson, Gomis, Bauben, Gauld, Souttar, Petrie, Armstrong, GMS, Ciftci & Gunning.

Teller could go there, probably enhance his reputation and in all likelihood earn a move that makes him a millionaire and takes him to a higher standard of football or he could sit about our reserve team waiting for an opportunity to realistically will never come.

Solid sources mate?

That Yunusadze is one from left field. Never heard of him, had to google him to find out who he is :lol:

So did I :D

Thought I'd throw him and Kenneth in for a bite :lol:

Do hearts have anyone out of contract? I heard we were looking at one or two of them (this is where you tell me Stevenson is out of contract :( )

Only one I know that will happen is kris Boyd if finances allow and another number 2 (going on quotes that's going to be Gordon) wonder if anything will come of that Cypriot boy?

Another old timer on wasted wages!

As other have said what is the point in Murray Park??

We have our u20 side on the verge of winning the league yet none of that team have been given a chance bar giving Gallagher a few minutes here and there,

Telfer, Gasparotto, Hardie, will all be off to other clubs and wiill no doubt make a name for themselves, while we will be left with a team of 30+ pros on stupid wages with no future.

So did I :D

Thought I'd throw him and Kenneth in for a bite :lol:

Do hearts have anyone out of contract? I heard we were looking at one or two of them (this is where you tell me Stevenson is out of contract :( )

Only one I know that will happen is kris Boyd if finances allow and another number 2 (going on quotes that's going to be Gordon) wonder if anything will come of that Cypriot boy?

I think you might get a few bites for Kenneth. He's a truly horrendous player.

I had a quick look on Google there and found this about Hearts out of contract players

Two of the players whose deals are expiring are experienced mainstays – goalkeeper Jamie MacDonald and the versatile Jamie Hamill. Others are first-team regulars like defenders Dylan McGowan and Brad McKay, wingers Jamie Walker and David Smith, plus midfielder Jason Holt. There is also reserve goalkeeper Mark Ridgers, strikers Dale Carrick and Gary Oliver, midfielder Callum Tapping and winger Sam Nicholson out of contract. In addition to those 12, Paul McCallum is due to return to parent club West Ham when his loan ends in May.

Nothing there that instantly catches the eye at all. That Walker is pretty talented IIRC so he might be one worth stealing, although I wouldn't trust McCoist to develop an attack minded winger at all. Experienced and versatile means that Jamie Hammil is probably one though. Dylan McGowan also fits the versatile blueprint too so he might be the other one.

I had a quick look on Google there and found this about Hearts out of contract players

Nothing there that instantly catches the eye at all. That Walker is pretty talented IIRC so he might be one worth stealing, although I wouldn't trust McCoist to develop an attack minded winger at all. Experienced and versatile means that Jamie Hammil is probably one though. Dylan McGowan also fits the versatile blueprint too so he might be the other one.

Could it be we've looked at macdonald? It might be nothing anyway.

Sam Nicholson is a cracking wee player - although I'm slightly biased as I know him. He just won Hearts Young Player of the Year last night I think.