Ryan Stevenson

whytes3

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Hearts release a few more experienced players, weakening their squad.

they'll be releasing them to get new players in, Levein will be in overdrive getting as many in as quickly as possible before Hibs start raiding the market.

We need to cast our net further than ex-Rangers players and SPFL Prem free transfers. Look at how Bougherra worked out from League 1 misfit to SPL winner. Bargains are out there, we just need to find them. I know we don't have a scouting system, but we must have contacts we can use down south.

Every transfer is a gamble, unfortunately we are on a bit of a losing streak.

You're quote is the salient point. Too many have come to our club and can't handle it.

Some good points, but, if you were in the position of recommending/buying players would you go for someone who was tried and tested in the SPFL, i.e. Law, Black, Templeton or would you go on the recommendation of a 'contact' down South? I watch a fair bit of League 1 and 2 stuff down here and the standard, would get fitba stopped in Scotland. Barry Nicholson was playing for Fleetwood Town last year and stood out as one of the most skillful players in the league!! Zander Diamond was one of the top -rated Centre Backs. The skill, is identifying the player with the potential to be successful at Rangers, who is the right price. Remember most of these guys play in front of crowds of < 2500 (Mohsni @ Southend, train in public parks and then arrive at Ibrox - a culture shock to say the least.

We need to cast our net further than ex-Rangers players and SPFL Prem free transfers. Look at how Bougherra worked out from League 1 misfit to SPL winner. Bargains are out there, we just need to find them. I know we don't have a scouting system, but we must have contacts we can use down south.

Every transfer is a gamble, unfortunately we are on a bit of a losing streak.

You're quote is the salient point. Too many have come to our club and can't handle it.

Agreed.

Playing for Rangers requires a mentality that very few players have.

Players almost need to have a degree of arrogance while maintaining the professionalism to not let you get a Billy Big Boy mentality that we've seen so many develop over the years.

It's a hard line to tread.

I am utterly astonished (and shocked) that Hertz have released so many experienced and useful players.

Good news for us but anyone who thought they'd just continue like before were always on for this type of thing.

I honestly can see them as a mid table team. No way a team like Falkirk or Accies on current form wouldn't turn that squad over.

To be fair he didn't touch her, he tried to get her to touch herself online! Not that it makes it much better. Obviously nobody will give him a deal now but to be honest I'd still rather him than Stevenson!

Aye, Spiersy! I have 3 young daughters and I would fecking hound the chunt for the rest of his days ......

He's not the worst player in the world. Hearts quality maybe not Rangers quality.

I'm still very shocked at the route Hearts are now taking. Championship football really has taken a chunk out of their prestige. Cannot for the life of me see how they can challenge even for a playoff psot given their current model.

Ryan Stevenson is bloody awful. A player who runs about a lot, rolls his sleeves up and gets stuck in. Forget the fact that he's got absolutely no quality or ability.

As an attacking midfielder he offers very little, as a striker he is even worse. He has no pace, the touch of an elephant, but he is great in the air and brings versatility. His goal scoring record is embarrassing. Lucky if he's scored 20 goals in the last 5 seasons.

It's signings like this along with the likes of a Shiels, Black, Foster, Daly, Smith that makes us what we are - a very poor footballing side.

• 4 weeks later...

:thumbup:

It's signings like this that makes Partick Thistle what they are - a very poor footballing side.

Ally oot wankers are requested to now move to the Darren McGregor thread where their vitriol, abuse and general taigish behaviour is now required.