An astonishing piece of footage and a shocking question...

Essandoh

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe. Decent football team though.

much better than decent at the time, would have loved to been able to go to games back in they days, seeing old footage and reading books about teams like that makes me think sometimes that football is too "complicated" nowadays, for a better term

when my grandad used to talk to me about football all he would say is that 11 guys tried to attack another 11 guys, then if they scored it was great, if they didnt then it was simply 11 guys trying to attack another 11 guys only in a different direction :lol:

Septic wore Hibs cast offs from 1903. We wore hoops well before that. They can't even claim to be the first to wear hoop in Glasgow as that is us or Queen Park. It would be fantastic to wear Royal Blue hoops again and when them moan, we remind them of our history.

I wouldn't mind royal blue hoops just to piss of they Bheasts. We should do it when we get back to the premiership. How I'd love for us to beat them while wearing that top. Get it right fucking up ye's!

• 2 weeks later...

No thanks. I'm happy with vertical stripes but nothing which 'emulates' them please.

The film is superb. I can remember standing at Ibrox in the olden days (I'm 60). It was a different world where people had far fewer things to do and you got massive crowds as seen here.

Never quite sure how great teams from the past would fare against modern teams. My assumption is they would lose as modern teams are fitter, faster and more tactically aware.

Im sure for the most part you are spot on, however in a comparison to our team of today Im not so sure!

:D

As to the OP, I would 100% take it, purely so we could wind them up by stealing their precious hoops off them.

They would be ducking beeling.

I think we wore hooped tops before they did.

I think we wore hooped tops before they did.

I know, but I don't think there is any people who can remember us playing in them, and the tims see them as THEIRS, so it would be good to remind them that "their precious" hoops, are actually ours. They would fucking hate it.

Especially if we only brought out two kits, both hoops and they had to play in their away kit at scumheid and we were wearing hoops and beat them lol.