Reasons to support the Netherlands in the WCup

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right there, can't see them doing much this time round and a tough group but I'd like to see them do well

They have talented players but like France they don't seem to 'click' at these torunaments.

With guys like Robben, Van Persie, Huntelaar ect you would expect better from them.

I don't see any European teams bar maybe Spain and Germany doing anything of note in Brazil.

Loved the Dutch since the 1974 WC. First footballing hero outside our own was Cruyff. Great to watch over the years.

They have almost always retained something of that total football philosophy, which is particularly impressive for a small nation with a climate so similar to us. Add in the shortage of land and you've got another fabulous example of the brilliant Dutch management of their resources.

No Scotland so won't be supporting anyone, having said that it would be nice to see one of the smaller football nations win it.

Dunno - that would just emphasise how badly we're doing!

But always a laugh when one breaks through, like Denmark or Greece in the Euros!

They can get fucked after that horrorshow in 2010. If you're going to betray the beautiful game so totally you'd better at least bloody win the damn thing.

That game was amazing. De Jong's "tackle" will live with me forever.