Ally's Worried About Next Season

JamieG54

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A league season is very different from one-off cup games. Forfar knocked us out the cup, yes, but they also finished 59 points behind us in the league.

Over the course of 36 games we should have more than enough to win it comfortably.

we'll win by 10 pts at least

Over the course of 36 games we should have more than enough to win it comfortably.

never said we didnt have enough, but people thinking we'll canter it should do well to remember both allys first season when posters on here were having title parties in october, and the season in division 3 when fans again thought we'd cuff teams by 9 or 10 every game

never said we didnt have enough, but people thinking we'll canter it should do well to remember both allys first season when posters on here were having title parties in october, and the season in division 3 when fans again thought we'd cuff teams by 9 or 10 every game

What is your point? We should have enough to win it comfortably, who cares if people think we will canter it?

Half the forum seem to be worrying about next season with people saying we will struggle and others saying we won't win automatic promotion.

But Ally says it will be tough and cunts are moaning.

It's only going to be tough BECAUSE Ally is the manager, we have a good enough squad to romp the Championship.

No, I was at both games. I haven't forgotten, unfortunately.

Those were one-off cup ties, though. Across the course of an entire season, they won't compete.

Please don't make stupid comments like that again.

They don't have to compete the whole season.

If a bunch of them take points off us we will be in trouble.

As we stand now, winning the league is far from a certainty.

Hibs lost to Raith in one of the cups, Hearts only beat Raith and QOS on penalties as an aside Motherwell lost to Albion.

It is one thing being rightly pissed off at our results, but can we try not to turn our opponents next year into Barcelona?

Probably the most sensible thing ive heard from him in a long time.

Black, Law, Daly and co make part timers look like world beaters.

Major investment in the playing squad required.

Or maybe McCoist is worried about his capabilities as a manager against full time opposition.

We will be playing on better fields and at a constantly higher tempo this season so I expect the quality of play to be better, yes inspite of Ally. I will be asking him next week if he is really afraid of Hibs and Hearts or was he as I expect referring to it will be harder with both these clubs as part of the second tier this season. However Hibs were relegated as they were the worst team after Hearts in the SPL. The face of Scottish football has changed in the past 3 years, No longer are Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and the scum the top 4 teams. The challengers for us when we are back on top are going to be the scum Abaadeen, Motherwell and Dundee Hibs. Yes for the benefit commercially the top league should be Rangers, Scum, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Hibs, Motherwell, ICT, St. Johnstone Hamilton St. Mirren and Kilmarnock, make it a proper league and add Falkirk and Ross County Raith Rovers and Partick Thistle and maybe games would be interesting again. If there is a need to have more fixtures go back to making the league cup akin to the European Champions League. with a European place for the winner.

All too simples for Reagan and Doncaster

He's not the only one.

Forfar

Raith Rovers

Dundee Utd.

When the pressure was on to deliver he failed miserably in all 3 games.

And if he persists with this ridiculous long ball tactic to Jon Daly we will be in trouble.

Most fans, players and opposition managers know his Plan A....so far we've yet to see if there is a Plan B

The players we have are more than capable of winning the league. It's the manager who i have major doubts over and always have had them.

I don't think Ally will be worried, we're moving back into the leagues that he did his training in, I think he knows what he's needing in players, he'll have the help of the new CFOO The games will improve as we are now entering the grudge match leagues

Hibs are utterly inept. They will probably be in even worse shape next season.

Edit - you edited your post, now mine makes no sense. Although, still wind swept and interesting.

I replied to the wrong post. Agree re: Hibs. Next year could be a serious struggle.

There's nothing to worry about at all. We'll win the league by at least 10 points.

Hearts have a young team, 5 or 6 of them played first team football and got beat by our youngsters in the youth cup final. They would need to bring in a few experienced players to even think about challenging us.

Hibs, well Hibs are just rotten. They have been outclassed by Hamilton and Queens before, also Raith Rovers put three past them at ER. They've let 14 players go so far and I can't see them adding much.

Us on the other hand, player for player we're better than them all, easily. We played good up until Christmas then the players decided to go on holiday early. That wont happen next season.