Ally's Worried About Next Season

JamieG54

Well it's a challenge for him unlike the last two seasons, so let's see how he gets on, I'm hoping the players might actually step it up a notch or two next season because they won't be able to just stroll through every game doing the bare minimum next year.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's a challenge for him unlike the last two seasons, so let's see how he gets on, I'm hoping the players might actually step it up a notch or two next season because they won't be able to just stroll through every game doing the bare minimum next year.

I tend to agree with you - with a decent challenge players may step up and be better prepared for the following season.

We will win it next season if fans attend games if they don't I can see us in administration again, Hearts and Hibs have to cut there cloth they can't afford to run there clubs like an spl team in the championship... Support the team and lets get stage 3 complete.

If I were ally I'd be worried to....he clearly can't get the best out of his players, has no tactical nous, has failed to develop an effective style if play, has failed to build a young, vibrant team and with the boycotters it's unlikely hel be allowed to buy his way out of trouble this year....

I tend to agree with you - with a decent challenge players may step up and be better prepared for the following season.

We started off okay at the beginning of last season then it was turning up and going thru the motions.

Well not this season they need to hit the ground fast and stay that way right till the end of season.

And the pressure will be on every one of them no mucking about getting paid for just turning up.

And any slackers including Ally we will know around December who can hack it and who should move on.

It's practically necessary for McCoist to emphasise - even to a ridiculous degree - the danger which other teams pose to our title challenge. Throughout this promotion process individuals associated with Rangers have had to overstate and restate the strength of our opposition. It isn't just about saving face - defending our club from jibes — it's about creating the feeling of justifiable glory. Nobody wants to feel like we've just taken a massive run-up to barge through an unlocked door. Maintaining the illusion of difficulty allows you to maintain the illusion of triumph. The team, and our fans, need that.

Yes indeed it does. As do GCs posts.

Broadly speaking:

If we win the league comfortably I will be very surprised but give some credit to Ally and the players.

If we do this, win the Ramsdens and do well in the cups I will say it is very much an acceptable season.

Achieve this AND get team consistently playing well, and showing evidence of team readiness for the spfl, I'll hold my hands up, apologise and say I was entirely in wrong about Allys ability.

Just on problem with what you want, there is no team in the world that plays well consistently.

This is the same man that said the league was not won when we were twenty clear.

Hardly a valid point, That's what managers HAVE to say, I remember Ferguson saying that when Utd were miles ahead , you don't claim the title until it's mathematically impossible to lose

Hardly a valid point, That's what managers HAVE to say, I remember Ferguson saying that when Utd were miles ahead , you don't claim the title until it's mathematically impossible to lose

:lol: yet people are up in arms about hi saying he is worried about the opposition, its the same fucking thing IMO.

I think it might have been you that missed MY point.

If he were to come out and say, " we have no worries at all, we will breeze this league" then he will be slated for being over confident.

what he says and what he feels are two totally different things.

I'd like to think that this has been taken out of context.

That Hearts side, right now, will take a doing from us and Hibs are arguably the worst football team in the world.

Neither will invest heavily and even if they do, they won't attract the quality that we will.

They'll keep-up with us until January/February, then we'll pull away.

That Hearts side, right now, will take a doing from us and Hibs are arguably the worst football team in the world.

but raith rovers are a world class footballing side and albion rovers and forfar were premier league material, did you forget just how pish we were against teams much worse than hibs and hearts

but raith rovers are a world class footballing side and albion rovers and forfar were premier league material, did you forget just how pish we were against teams much worse than hibs and hearts

A league season is very different from one-off cup games. Forfar knocked us out the cup, yes, but they also finished 59 points behind us in the league.

Over the course of 36 games we should have more than enough to win it comfortably.

No, I was at both games. I haven't forgotten, unfortunately.

Those were one-off cup ties, though. Across the course of an entire season, they won't compete.

Please don't make stupid comments like that again.