Kevin Thomson worth the risk?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We also need to get over the automatically dismissing players because they played for us before too mate.

Each signing should be judged on their merits and what they bring to the team, nothing more. Them playing for us before should be irrelevant.

bang on the money

I can see no compelling case to re-sign him. In my view there is no recent compelling evidence that the likely contribution he would be make would more than justify the wage he would be paid. Far far more would be likely to be gained by promoting one of the U20s to the first team squad. Their hunger and appetite for success would be likely to outweigh Thomson's by a significant distance. And there would be the prospect of a future transfer fee.

I loved him during his first spell, but I wouldn't go near him these days.

The tenacious Kevin Thomson that we watched during an excellent three-year spell under Walter Smith is no longer. Now, injuries have caught-up with him and he genuinely looks like he's fallen out of love with football.

It's a shame.

Scott Brown was a far superior player, when we tried the double signing we got the raw deal.

Disagree. Throughout Thomsons time with us he looked twice the player, always made an impact in OF games too which can't be said for Brown (bar the odd game).