Man jailed after posting 'vile' racist tweets.

A man has been jailed for a year after posting racial abuse about two Rangers players on Twitter.

Declan McCuish, 23, posted the comment "black monkey b******" about former Ibrox star Sone Aluko.

He also tweeted the phrase "Are you still playing football you vile little f****** monkey" about Senegalese footballer El Hadji Diouf, who also played for the team at the time.

After receiving complaints about the messages, McCuish's Ibrox home was raided and police found cannabis and phenazepam. McCuish, now from Paisley, pled guilty at Glasgow Sheriff Court to posting "abusive and threatening comments" to Aluko and in relation to Diouf on February 2 and 3, 2013. He also admitted producing cannabis and possessing phenazepam.

Sheriff Andrew Cubie branded the tweets "vile and racist" and told McCuish that he was part of a "small and dwindling group" that want to "cherish this kind of hatred". The sheriff added that these comments had "no place in 21st century Scotland".

Two Twitter users, one in Northern Ireland and one in England, reported the racist remarks posted on the social networking site.Police checked McCuish's social networking site and saw he had posted his home address which led officers to his door.

Defence lawyer Ron McKenna said McCuish described his actions as "disgusting" and accepts full responsibility.

Enjoy your sleepover courtesy of Her Majesty Declan.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celtic fan Declan McCuish jailed for racist abuse of Rangers players

A Celtic fan who posted racist comments online about two former Rangers players has been jailed for 12 months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-27638800

BBC pulling no punches there. No doubt left. What's happening to them these days? A new editor or something?

Oh, and the murder charge story a few posts up is from 2008.

A year for a tweet. Fucking hell.

What he said was disgusting but I honestly can't get my head round it. Being jailed for typing words is just ridiculous, there should be different punishments for morons like this. Jail time won't help anyone, educating them will.

And before anyone says anything, I'm not saying racism is acceptable.

He sounds like a highly intelligent individual. He can spend his time explaining to his fellow felons how to split the atom utilising basic equipment such as a "Shank" , a phone card, an ounce of "shag" and piss poor quality coffee.

A year for a tweet. Fucking hell.

What he said was disgusting but I honestly can't get my head round it. Being jailed for typing words is just ridiculous, there should be different punishments for morons like this. Jail time won't help anyone, educating them will.

And before anyone says anything, I'm not saying racism is acceptable.

He was found in possession too.

What if he'd said this to them in the street? Or shouted it through their letterbox?

Jail time will educate him. If it's possible.

Celtic fan Declan McCuish jailed for racist abuse of Rangers players

A Celtic fan who posted racist comments online about two former Rangers players has been jailed for 12 months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...w-west-27638800

BBC pulling no punches there. No doubt left. What's happening to them these days? A new editor or something?

Oh, and the murder charge story a few posts up is from 2008.

Trust the BBC to clarify the turds team of choice and eventually state the damned obvious, about time too, as you would be hard pressed to identify his colours with a name like his, eh!

Let's hope you're right, and a swing back to middle ground with the editors now playing the game rather than the victim card. Forgive me if I remain cynical though, as they need to do a lot more to prove they are unbiased.

:7325:

He was found in possession too.

What if he'd said this to them in the street? Or shouted it through their letterbox?

Jail time will educate him. If it's possible.

Then the charges would have been different. He didn't say it to someone in the street or shout it through the letterbox.

I'm talking specifically about racial awareness, I don't think the jails do that do they?

Yeh, the drugs will have probably added to it. Depends how much he had I suppose and if he had been caught before.