Baldy Thomson Claims We Are Only 2 Years Old

minstral

Every sporting body in the land knows Rangers have an unbroken history , that's no longer up for debate and everyone knows the new owners bought all the assets so let there be no doubt Thompson is in the wrong here.I've got a pretty thick skin so references to us as sevco or zombies are only taken as banter and are water of a ducks back .However if someone in a promiment position refutes all the evidence in front of him and actually tries to deprive us of compensation rightfully due to us ,then it's time to make a stand .First thing is to demand SFA clarify Rangers are recognised as having 141 years of history and secondly demand that Dundee United show us the respect we are due as Scotlands largest club.If we look back to the administration /liquidation fiasco you could maybe see how we were perceived as tax cheats who gained an unfair advantage over our opposition and possibly understand other fans contempt for us.But with the benefit of hindsight we are all now aware that we were infact the victims of Whytes fraud and have suffered horrendously despite having not done anything wrong.I don't think it's too strong to point out a lot of bears have gone to their graves with there precious clubs reputation tainted and to have one of our biggest critics not only show no remorse but to actually rub it in while trying to save a few grand is utterly dispicable.Time for Wallace to step up to the plate and put the record straight while also putting Thompson in his place.As for boycotts at tannadump ? I'll leave that decision to the bears who follow home and away ,but if i see the Rangers end a little emptier i'll have a little smile on my face while thinking karma.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He'll be using the club/company as 'separate identities' to try and save himself a few quid. I'm guessing the argument will be The Rangers Football Club Ltd is the vehicle for the business side and that it's only been in operation since 2012.

The club has it's history back to 1872, the company doesn't so the outcome will be wrangled over by the legal eagles.

If he can pull this off as a technically, becsause the newco has only paid two years developing.

The shareholders in the oldco can chase the other years from the oldco's development money.

No?

I think BDO will be watching with some interest.

Now then, this is the kind of bitter bastard that sos et al should be focussing their attention on.

Im sure that many thousands of Rangers fans will wish to complain by letter, email, phone call etc. Lets hope if that happened that it wouldnt affect their ability to run their daily business dealing with ticket enquiries etc.

And he will continue to treat you like mugs and laugh all the way to the bank.

It's getting boring now. I couldnae give a rats arse if you go or don't go. It's your choice, but every away ground will be packed when we're back in the top flight, that will do me.

It's getting boring now. I couldnae give a rats arse if you go or don't go. It's your choice, but every away ground will be packed when we're back in the top flight, that will do me.

spot on. imagine being 4-0 up at tannadice, thousands of bears chanting "Thomson, what's the score, Thomson Thomson what's the score!" that will mean more to me than 'starving' them of money

The newco purchased the assets of the oldco including the club itself, goodwill, brands, tangible assets including buildings, fixtures, etc and tupe'd over the contracts.

A typical asset purchase.

Now I would certainly define potential future compensation for youth development costs in the event of move under freedom of contract to constitute contingent deferred income which by definition an asset. Intangible until crystallisation and not valued in balance sheet but an asset none the less.

I cannot see any law lord concluding anything other then that the deferred income asset was transferred from oldco to newco along with the other assets unless specifically excluded in the sale documentation.

The newco purchased the assets of the oldco including the club itself, goodwill, brands, tangible assets including buildings, fixtures, etc and tupe'd over the contracts.

A typical asset purchase.

Now I would certainly define potential future compensation for youth development costs in the event of move under freedom of contract to constitute contingent deferred income which by definition an asset. Intangible until crystallisation and not valued in balance sheet but an asset none the less.

I cannot see any law lord concluding anything other then that the deferred income asset was transferred from oldco to newco along with the other assets unless specifically excluded in the sale documentation.

Keep your heed down for your first few posts then no one will spot you.

He'll be using the club/company as 'separate identities' to try and save himself a few quid. I'm guessing the argument will be The Rangers Football Club Ltd is the vehicle for the business side and that it's only been in operation since 2012.

The club has it's history back to 1872, the company doesn't so the outcome will be wrangled over by the legal eagles.

How can any Ger play devils advocate with this nonsense. Don't even entertain it. Diageo are currently paying for historical payouts from the Thalidomide scandal. They weren't distributing the drugs back in the sixty's but they now own lock, stock and barrel and so are liable for claims as well as proceeds. The owners of Glasgow Rangers, it seems, are only liable for the old company's debt and none of the goodwill.

No chance. We paid our footballing debt and Staff tuped over. Telfer was a product of our youth system and bollocks to any suggestion we only nurtured the Lad for 2 years. Absolutely ridiculous. How can we liable for footballing debts yet be refused compensation for development in the same period.

Very good point.

Tin hat on here, but they'll agrue that case in the compensation panel.

The football club has been here for over a hundred years, and will still be here in 100 years time. Unlike Dundee United, who could be gone by that time.

But the company who "owned" charlie telfer has only be around for 2 years.

True but under TUPE your length of service transfers over.

don' t really know what everyone's getting so upset about. Like it or not, what Thomson says is true, the club we supported died and the new one was formed in 2012. Two years of history is all the new club have so far.

ahahhahahaha you guys have an hour to play with the taig.

Under TUPE law though your service continues and rolls over (so to dpeak ) to the new company, I know this because I had to go through the TUPE process.

Do you know something, I don't necessary agree with fan boycotts, I agreed about the one we did when we had them at Tannadice a couple of seasons ago, but you know what when we get to the top flight, or if we draw them in the cup at their ground I really think this should be the only club that we do boycott.

No! Rangers fans can't miss out on one of the most enjoyable victories of recent years.

Why is there any decision to be made? Who instigated this panel? The SPFL and the SFA recognise us Rangers FC (1872) so why would they sanction or arrange for a decision of this nature? I don't see what's to be contested or 'found' here. The only people that staunchly claim we are a new club are the ones who hate us most, that is no exaggeration at all. Why appease that prick Thomson? Fuck him