9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Tsonga was injured before the match and still played for two sets. Either way Djokovic saved like 20-30 minutes from the third set, hardly going to make any difference since he is already fresh from previous matches.

Murray will breeze past Kei today and probably beat Stan or Delpo in 3/4 sets and be fresh for the final. 

i like your optimism mate.

I just got in from work just before he seemed to be trying his best to lose this match..Seems he is now getting on top..Hari Kari if Nishikori looses it me thinks..Wee bit surprised at the crowds backing for one of the descendants of the 1st kamikaze pilot to attack Pearl Harbour..aw fuck he is throwing it away again as I type..:hanged: 

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Murray's serving is abysmal. 

I'm usually gutted when Murray loses but it seems like he's got burnout. He could do with the break.

Fair play to Nishikori and your comment was spot on..A good rest is required. I think he would have had no chance against Nole as he seems very fresh. I doubt Nishikori will make the final though..

At 5 all in the 5th Andy had 7 attempts at a first serve and didn't get one in. That's pathetic. Amateur hour stuff.

He didn't deserve to win - for me that was the Murray of 4 years ago, hoping your opponent fucks up rather than going and winning. I don't think lendLe will be pleased with that abject display at all. It went against everything lendLe has been drumming into him.

55 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Think Murray will still play Davis cup?

Really hope Delpo makes the final.

I reckon he will still play.

The one good thing for me is I took Delpo at 16/1 in outrights during the Murray's match and best price is now 9s. He's just beat Djokovic at the Olympics so if he can get through tonight I think he has a real shot at this.

Well Nishikori is a man who if you are not at best can see you off. He did same to Djo here on a windy day IIRC.  He couldn't beat the form player in final though.  Will that be the same again?  Probably, but amazing if he could actually get a Slam .  Andy can be a kid at times, when tired, gets tetchy.  They can all be like that of course.  Even saw iceman Borg lose it here at US open. Argued with Umpire and got deducted a point. Borg.......can you believe it?  He hated US  open as it got played under floodlights at times.  Somebody basically said during the week that this is a shite organised tournament:pipe:  Still a Slam.

Andy at 3 Slams then.  It is massive to get up there with the Beckers and Connors etc. Don't see Andy doing that.   Then Feds Djo's and Nadals.  Supermen.

A real slugfest that Murray match.  Nishikori found better angles and a bit more variety than Andy. The serve of Andy's was not at best either in percentage or length.  I mean he could have won, but it was not vintage Murray.  I think the tiredness took edge from his serve and the wee barra was anticipating and onto it mostly.

Anyone who thinks womens tennis is no good?  Halep and Williams.  FFS, there was some hitting going on and incredible winners from both women. Little Halep is a pocket dynamo and a Slam surely will be hers if she keeps it going.