Rangers set to move for former target Goodwillie

The manager has clearly identified that adding to his front line is a priority this summer, due to the difficulties his team had in that important department last season.

well if he didnt play a fucking 4-5-1 at home against plaumbers and fucking scaffolders then maybe it wouldnt have been difficult

even real would struggle up front if they had daly standing still for fucking 90 minutes

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly is the problem, is it because he is someone we tried and failed to sign before?

my problem is that if true (which i dont think it is), then we will be spending money on MORE strikers meanwhile we have a shocker of a right back, and two centre halves that are not premiership material,

Ally likes the 4-5-1 and yet he seemingly wants more strikers

daly

gallacher

clark

miller

boyd?

if we sign boyd, thats 5 strikers for the one position, by all means ally sign boyd, but release daly and thats it, 4 strikers is plenty for this division

I love some of the comments,..

How many strikers do we need.... Well I'd suggest we need more than the 3 we currently rely on in daly, Clark and miller.

We should sign Boyd.... Maybe he'd rather stay in the spl, maybe he wants high wages, maybe he wants to move down south.

Goodwillie is crap... A year ago everybody on here was having a wet dream about him.

Honestly there's just no winning with some people. Honestly, I never really got the hype with goodwillie, certainly thought 2 million was a gamble. That said if we got him on a free, it's a no brainer for me. Better than what we have right now and still young.

Boyd would come to Rangers guaranteed. The only problem is we\Ally hasn't approached him (again) and I doubt he will. Boyd should have been top of our shopping list and been signed by now. He would have more or less guaranteed promotion to the SPFL. One more f***-up to add to the collection Ally. Well done!

If we are to bring in another striker, whether it be Boyd or Goodwillie, are we paying off Daly ?

We are more likely to keep him as this is the last year of his contract anyway ( I think) either that or we should tell him he is free to find another club.

This is only if we bring in another striker, if we don't then Daly could still prove useful in the season.

You see, this is what confuses me. I *thought* we as a Rangers support agreed that the only way forward for our club is by signing younger players, unearthing some gems and then selling them on at a profit.

Why are people on here saying they'd rather sign Boyd than Goodwillie? I mean, it goes completely against sense. I don't know much about Goodwillie after we were linked, I just know things haven't gone to plan for him. But, I'd rather take the risk of signing a younger player than aged player who has absolutely no transfer value.

No wonder our support is in the state it's in, can't agree on even the most basic of things, and never happy.

This man has done nothing in a footballing jersey to back up the admiration some within our support have for him.

His reputation is deeply suspect as well, ok the man wasn't found guilty of the savage one but the nature of the complaint to me is more credible than any other I've read about involving footballers and frankly his off-field antics suggest nothing good about his character.

An arse of Dundee Hibs player on his arse.

No thanks, there's thousands of alternatives.

You see, this is what confuses me. I *thought* we as a Rangers support agreed that the only way forward for our club is by signing younger players, unearthing some gems and then selling them on at a profit.

Why are people on here saying they'd rather sign Boyd than Goodwillie? I mean, it goes completely against sense. I don't know much about Goodwillie after we were linked, I just know things haven't gone to plan for him. But, I'd rather take the risk of signing a younger player than aged player who has absolutely no transfer value.

No wonder our support is in the state it's in, can't agree on even the most basic of things, and never happy.

Goodwillie has been a big let down everywhere since he left Dundee Utd three years ago, including when he returned to them on loan.

Regardless of his age it seems very clear he's not good enough.

Goodwillie has been a big let down everywhere since he left Dundee Utd three years ago, including when he returned to them on loan.

Regardless of his age it seems very clear he's not good enough.

So it's not because he was injured or not given oppertunities then? You have to wonder why McCoist would be interested in signing him, I hope it's not because Smith was interested in him years ago. :rolleyes: