Simonsen re-signs

The Dude

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate is a good friend of Gal, and was playing golf with us a few weeks ago. He's scared to text him the now because he will be gutted he has a year left on his contract, shame for him. He played well for us thee few games he had last season and was confused when he got sent on loan instead of been a number 2.

Ah right, so you're arguing for him sitting on the bench all season rather than go out on loan and get game time?

We are not a vehicle for loaning youngsters. If Gallacher was to be used as backup in the league and 1st choice in the cups, he could mount a challenge for Cammy Bell and the no. 1 spot. Steve Simonsen isn't going to do that, and at 35, he isn't getting any better. If anything he's likely to regress.

Simonsen is an astronomical waste of a good wage that could've been used to bolster our defence. We have two very capable young goalkeepers in Liam Kelly and Scott Gallacher who would be more than adequate as backup with a view to gaining the first choice keeper postion.

My mate is a good friend of Gal, and was playing golf with us a few weeks ago. He's scared to text him the now because he will be gutted he has a year left on his contract, shame for him. He played well for us thee few games he had last season and was confused when he got sent on loan instead of been a number 2.

Did he miss the numerous occasions that Ally addressed it in public?

Can't understand this signing at all. It's clear that McCoist has no faith in Gallacher and if I was him would look to leave. Simonsen is 35 FFS, and given his abject performance against the Dundee Hivs last year then it makes no sense at all!!

We are not a vehicle for loaning youngsters. If Gallacher was to be used as backup in the league and 1st choice in the cups, he could mount a challenge for Cammy Bell and the no. 1 spot. Steve Simonsen isn't going to do that, and at 35, he isn't getting any better. If anything he's likely to regress.

Simonsen is an astronomical waste of a good wage that could've been used to bolster our defence. We have two very capable young goalkeepers in Liam Kelly and Scott Gallacher who would be more than adequate as backup with a view to gaining the first choice keeper postion.

It wouldn't be much of a view sitting on the bench all season.

Oh, and astronomical? Somehow I doubt that.

The thing is he isn't that bad a keeper, he had a howler against Dundee, but it was his first game for a while. He'll be decent back up, but I still don't understand this signing. I'd be fucked off if I was Gallagher, he didn't deserve to be dropped originally for Cammy Bell, during that first 7-8 game spell last year when Cammy wasn't eligible.

Money should have went elsewhere in my opinion but it's done now (tu)

All the best Simo (tu)

People made the Gallagher can now go on loan argument last season and he ended up spending almost half the season as third choice because Airdire didn't extend his loan after a handful of games for them and he had already played for two clubs.

Generally speaking, keepers are later developers than players in other areas, but at 25 years old Allan McGregor had been on loan twice, had esthablished himself as opur first choice and was playing in the Champions League for us.

Gallagher is highly unlikely to make the grade here in the long term, but he would be perfectly fine sitting on the bench this season so I see the resigning of Simonsen as a wage that we didn't need to spend.

Waste of a wage/ and if it is so gallacher can go out in loan and it is all fine as all simonsen will do is sit on the bench, then let the keeper behind gallacher do it

But Kelly will be playing in the U20s so he couldn't possibly have the energy to sit on the bench.

1-2k a week say. Will be around 100k in wages and be lucky if he plays 3 games. Disgrace. Ally just walk now

If you say something enough people will start to believe it and after months of you repeating this every single time something happens at our club I think you have finally changed my mind.

McCoist should absolutely walk on the basis of you pulling a made up wage figure out of thin air and using it as a another stick to attempt to beat him with. :rolleyes:

This is mental. A 35yo goalkeeper for div 1 when we already have a 25 yo backup, then Liam Kelly, then a 16yo who is supposedly one of the best GK going around?

I'm sorry but ally is showing how naive, ignorant and poor he is at dealing in the transfer market.

So much for planning for the future, allowing youth to have a chance, it's like we see back the spl, signing over the hill or journeymen just because ally wants "experience"

This is mental. A 35yo goalkeeper for div 1 when we already have a 25 yo backup, then Liam Kelly, then a 16yo who is supposedly one of the best GK going around?

I'm sorry but ally is showing how naive, ignorant and poor he is at dealing in the transfer market.

So much for planning for the future, allowing youth to have a chance, it's like we see back the spl, signing over the hill or journeymen just because ally wants "experience"

Old pals act comes to mind mate nothing else (tu)

Old pals act comes to mind mate nothing else (tu)

Where is the media in all this? Such a massive focus on our wage bill yet no one asking him why he is using wages on pensioners when he has others already at his disposal?

What also gets me is that in 18months we are going to have to reshape this team all over again as I can't see jig, miller, daly, simo being there, and the likes of foster, faure are not good enough for top flight